Everything...JADE! (Coming home to Houston 11/14/15)

anonmom

I received an email from NCL today reminding me to check-in online for our upcoming cruise. We’re still 50 some days from the cruise so I was surprised they sent out such an early reminder. Instead of doing the online check-in I decided to pay the service charge and get that out of the way.

I looked at the Port of Houston webcam early this morning and I see the Jade is back in port.

Actually, all dining venues including all specialty restaurants allow shorts for dinner except: the aft main dining room and Le Bistro. Per NCL all other venues allow shorts at any time.

Good I'm glad. On Carnival we normally dress the boys in plaid or khaki shorts and a Polo. Glad we will still fit in. I get the specialty restaurants would have a more strict dress code but only one of them more strict. Any reason why one MDR is over the other? Just curious

Good I'm glad. On Carnival we normally dress the boys in plaid or khaki shorts and a Polo. Glad we will still fit in. I get the specialty restaurants would have a more strict dress code but only one of them more strict. Any reason why one MDR is over the other? Just curious

The one dining room is deemed more formal but the food is the same. The location is also more appealing to many people.

My friend sailed on the Jade Nov. 14th and was going to bring me the Daily Sheets. Well, she got sick and went in the hospital in Honduras and had to fly home. She called and said that she would bring me the Daily Sheets next week. That's nice since I'm leaving Saturday. No Daily Sheets. :(

I'm a big craft person and on our cruise last December and again in February they offered knitting. It's probably the only thing in the world of crafting that I don't do. So far the only thing I've been able to find out about the Jade activities is Greeting Card Making.

Please post two things if you can:

Which nights are the prime rib dinner nights. NCL usually does them a few nights on a 7 night cruise and the dinner is very good. And where the does the ship port in Roatan. Wondering if it is Mahogany Bay or tendering into somewhere else?

Thanks!

Please post two things if you can:

Which nights are the prime rib dinner nights. NCL usually does them a few nights on a 7 night cruise and the dinner is very good. And where the does the ship port in Roatan. Wondering if it is Mahogany Bay or tendering into somewhere else?

Thanks!

I will give a full report when I return. I know how much I would have appreciated it.

As for Roatan, ships are alternating the tender schedule so it will depend on your week.

Sorry. One last thing. Please advise if they are using shore based tenders or lifeboats. I had a miserable experience in Grand Cayman on Epic with them trying to use lifeboats as tenders. It was like watching the Three Stooges.

so we booked the jade last night for January after a really hard week we have decided this is what we need. We have a 17 year old that has heart disease and is in Failure... He loves Crepes.... Does the Jade still have them and where are they located... sorry for the ramble.... I guess I just do that.. Seems like on a whim I picked a perfect ship for Alex... lol he loves Medusa

so we booked the jade last night for January after a really hard week we have decided this is what we need. We have a 17 year old that has heart disease and is in Failure... He loves Crepes.... Does the Jade still have them and where are they located... sorry for the ramble.... I guess I just do that.. Seems like on a whim I picked a perfect ship for Alex... lol he loves Medusa

The crepe station is in the Garden Buffet. As far as I know it has not been removed or replaced. You can see it in this video from last December. It is at the 5 minute, 30 second mark.

Edited by Paul Bogle

The crepe station is in the Garden Buffet. As far as I know it has not been removed or replaced. You can see it in this video from last December. It is at the 5 minute, 30 second mark.

They were still making crepes there on the TA a few weeks ago.

Sorry. One last thing. Please advise if they are using shore based tenders or lifeboats. I had a miserable experience in Grand Cayman on Epic with them trying to use lifeboats as tenders. It was like watching the Three Stooges.

I guess tendering with lifeboats depends on the crew. We tendered with them last January in Trujillo on the Jewel, Honduras and it was very smooth.