New Haven Menu?

tel2

Hi everyone

I have searched, and have seen a couple of references to a new Haven menu, but haven't been able to find it anywhere. Can anyone point me to it?

Also, has anyone given an answer yet to the question of whether the UDP includes the MDR up charge items?

Thanks

Terry

Is it me? The menu looks the same as last May. What are the changes?

BTW, if anyone from NCL is reading this, the butter roasted chicken with the polenta comes with waaaaaaaaaaay toooooo much polenta - like enough for 4 - 6 servings. That dish really needs a rethink - maybe include a vegetable and serve a single serving polenta cake instead? Anything to lighten the plate as the polenta is overwhelming the dish.

Is it me? The menu looks the same as last May. What are the changes?

BTW, if anyone from NCL is reading this, the butter roasted chicken with the polenta comes with waaaaaaaaaaay toooooo much polenta - like enough for 4 - 6 servings. That dish really needs a rethink - maybe include a vegetable and serve a single serving polenta cake instead? Anything to lighten the plate as the polenta is overwhelming the dish.

Nope not you, exact same menu. I was hoping for a change. I'm a bit surprised.

I was on the 10-4 Breakaway & this is the same Haven menu we had.

Truthfully, the restaurant isn't that great. Breakfast was the best meal (in my opinion). Only ate lunch there, as the food was only OK. After a few days of the same choices we found better options in other restaurants. Not sure if the menu changed once the NY/Bermuda itinerary was finished.

I was on the 10-4 Breakaway & this is the same Haven menu we had.

Truthfully, the restaurant isn't that great. Breakfast was the best meal (in my opinion). Only ate lunch there, as the food was only OK. After a few days of the same choices we found better options in other restaurants. Not sure if the menu changed once the NY/Bermuda itinerary was finished.

I'll let you know as we are sailing on a 14 day cruise

The menus posted above are from the EPIC two weeks ago -- so not the new menus, but the ones that are currently in use. The new menu just debuted on the ESCAPE, and will presumably be fleet wide in January. It is handy to have the current menus posted for comparison with the new Escape ones

I saw them, and they look great. I posted a link below, the menus are on the Cruise Critic FB page, in one the photo albums

Edited by 3kidsncats
additional info

Just to clarify since this will be our first time in the Haven...

The menu is the same all days of a trip (7 day), or do they have daily specials?

(I recognize things may be different on some ships so referring to Escape in this case)

From what I've read (also anticipating my first Haven sailing) the menu is the same every day, but there are some (one?) specials each day. I believe only for the dinner menu, not the breakfast and lunch menus.

Jewel class ships only have a "Haven" restaurant for breakfast and lunch, as that is offered in Modernos. The newer ships have a completely dedicated Haven restaurant.

Thanks. Our plan is to primarily use the Haven for breakfast and dinner, but that would get a bit boring in the evening if nothing changes (for breakfast there are many ways to cook eggs). I suspect Food Republic will be lunch many many days :)

From what I've read (also anticipating my first Haven sailing) the menu is the same every day, but there are some (one?) specials each day. I believe only for the dinner menu, not the breakfast and lunch menus.

Jewel class ships only have a "Haven" restaurant for breakfast and lunch, as that is offered in Modernos. The newer ships have a completely dedicated Haven restaurant.

Nope not you, exact same menu. I was hoping for a change. I'm a bit surprised.

OK, I see the changes on a link from a later post. Looks good, but they did take away the shrimp cocktail - I tend to order that because it is fairly healthy. Oh well. I can live without it.

Edited by SuiteTraveler

Just to clarify since this will be our first time in the Haven...

The menu is the same all days of a trip (7 day), or do they have daily specials?

(I recognize things may be different on some ships so referring to Escape in this case)

For breakfast, the menu is the same -and vast.

For lunch, the menu is the same although the soup du jour changes daily.

For dinner the menu is the same although the soup du jour changes daily and they offer one or two "specials."

We typically eat dinner in specialty restaurants most nights, but The Haven Restaurant is very quiet and romantic. It's a nice place for dinner if you want to chill out and not be in a crowded specialty restaurant.