Maybe changes in Pinnacle Grill dinner menu

Krazy Kruizers

We are boarding on the Eurodam 11-22 - want to celebrate our Anniversary in the PG on the 28th - being it is the last evening of our first week I am thinking the PG won't be that busy as the majority of passenger's will be disembarking the next morning. They will be packing.

We get to STAY for another 8 night cruise YEAH!

Sorry long way to get to my actual question.

We have a very nice amount of OBC this cruise. Really want to use it towards PG dining and extra indulgences that we normally wouldn't.

If I make a reservation now to be sure we can get in on the 28th for our anniversary. Will I have to pre pay on credit card? Or, will it be charged to our onboard account? And, will we still get our Mariner Discount IF I make the reservations prior to boarding? And, as a last resort if I need to wait till onboard am I correct in my thinking that the PG isn't that busy on the last night. BTW we like to dine between 8 and 9 most evening's - thinking that most people like to dine earlier. Of course, My thinking is often wrong :rolleyes:

For the other evening's and lunches in PG I don't mind taking my chances and waiting - as IF we aren't able to get in then I'll get a massage or something in the Spa.

If you pre-book now you will need to pay with a credit card. If you cancel it on board it will go to your OBC and would defeat the purpose (and possibly not be able to re-book).

For a special occasion I would definitely pre-book and pay the $58 as you don't know how many promo dinners they have to cover on board. Our last cruise the PG had 900 promo dinners to cover in a week- very, very busy.

Edited by frankc98376

... If I make a reservation now to be sure we can get in on the 28th for our anniversary. Will I have to pre pay on credit card? YES. Or, will it be charged to our onboard account? NO. And, will we still get our Mariner Discount IF I make the reservations prior to boarding? YES. And, as a last resort if I need to wait till onboard am I correct in my thinking that the PG isn't that busy on the last night. I BELIEVE YOU ARE CORRECT, BUT DON'T COUNT ON IT, AS I'M CERTAIN IT VARIES FROM CRUISE TO CRUISE. BTW we like to dine between 8 and 9 most evening's - thinking that most people like to dine earlier. SAME RESPONSE AS IMMEDIATELY ABOVE.Of course, My thinking is often wrong :rolleyes:

See my responses in RED above. Happy anniversary and smooth sailing.

We are boarding on the Eurodam 11-22 - want to celebrate our Anniversary in the PG on the 28th - being it is the last evening of our first week I am thinking the PG won't be that busy as the majority of passenger's will be disembarking the next morning. They will be packing.

We have a very nice amount of OBC this cruise. Really want to use it towards PG dining and extra indulgences that we normally wouldn't.

If I make a reservation now to be sure we can get in on the 28th for our anniversary. Will I have to pre pay on credit card? Or, will it be charged to our onboard account? And, will we still get our Mariner Discount IF I make the reservations prior to boarding? And, as a last resort if I need to wait till onboard am I correct in my thinking that the PG isn't that busy on the last night. BTW we like to dine between 8 and 9 most evening's - thinking that most people like to dine earlier. Of course, My thinking is often wrong :rolleyes:

For the other evening's and lunches in PG I don't mind taking my chances and waiting - as IF we aren't able to get in then I'll get a massage or something in the Spa.

You'll have to pay the whole amount when you pre book and will get it back in obc. Many, many people book specialty restaurants for the last night because the menu is not that great sometimes. The fact that you dine later increases your chances in my experience. Obc is just that. You get credit once on board.

In recent years, we did not enjoy the menu last night in MDR so always booked Pinnacle in advance to be sure we could dine there last night. I paid full amount when I pre-booked and never had any problem getting the discount applied to our on Board account when we actually dined.

Happy Anniversary. Have a great cruise.

Sailing on

Westerdam soon. Are the MDR menus on the TV every day? Posted outside the DR?

The luncheon menu is posted outside the MDR in the morning, the dinner menu is posted in the afternoon. Suite pax can view the menu in the Neptune Lounge.

If you smile at your area captain(a.k.a. asst. maitre'd) he'll give you a look at the next night's menu.

The luncheon menu is posted outside the MDR in the morning, the dinner menu is posted in the afternoon. Suite pax can view the menu in the Neptune Lounge.

If you smile at your area captain(a.k.a. asst. maitre'd) he'll give you a look at the next night's menu.

Actually, the dinner menu is delivered to the suites. My DH always loves to pore over it and pick his dinner before we`ve had lunch.:rolleyes:

The dining room is very rarely open for lunch any more. I posted the days that it was open on a separate thread. Two days one week and only one day the other week.

Other ships are starting to do the same thing.

Actually, the dinner menu is delivered to the suites. My DH always loves to pore over it and pick his dinner before we`ve had lunch.:rolleyes:

For the 2 weeks that we were on the Eurodam, we didn't get the dinner menus until 1 -2 PM each day. Neither did the Neptune Lounge or the bars.

I never thought to check to see if the dining room had the dinner menus posted early since it was rarely open.

on the Eurodam. Some day's I'd have to keep walking down to see IF it was posted yet.

I never thought of asking the night before our "captain" was so nice. ALWAYS, a big smile for me - my DH quickly caught on that it was "best" to let me check in with him nightly. He found us such Great dining mates and tables :-)

On our Anniversary we hadn't even thought to mention it to him. However, when we arrived for dinner that evening. He looked up and beamed his gorgeous smile. He had a table set up at the window upstairs in Traditional Dining just for us that evening. Talk about SERVICE that night!!! We were SPOILED big time. So sweet of him

Hope he's still there this year.:)

Edited by hugger

For the 2 weeks that we were on the Eurodam, we didn't get the dinner menus until 1 -2 PM each day. Neither did the Neptune Lounge or the bars.

I never thought to check to see if the dining room had the dinner menus posted early since it was rarely open.

It's funny how ships vary. I'm quite sure when I was on the Oosterdam that the menus were there by 6:30 or 7 am. On the NA last year I think it was generally later in the afternoon.

Sailing on

We were in a Neptune, but the menus were being delivered to us in the mid morning. So I assume they were posted by the Vista dining room about similar times. There is no interactive TV service to look at.

Ours have always been there when we returned from breakfast. On each cruise, not just one of them. I think the room stewards have them ready to leave when they do the morning service to the room.

Sailing on

They are outside the MDR every day after lunch as I recall.

You can always ask your server the night before and he can get you a copy of the next day's menu. On one recent cruise, our dinner server gave us each a copy of the next day's menu the evening before as we were leaving dinner. He included his and his assistant's name on the menu - nice touch I thought. Earned him a nice additional tip at the end of the cruise!

You can always ask your server the night before and he can get you a copy of the next day's menu. On one recent cruise, our dinner server gave us each a copy of the next day's menu the evening before as we were leaving dinner. He included his and his assistant's name on the menu - nice touch I thought. Earned him a nice additional tip at the end of the cruise!

Also, if you order wine by the bottle each night (or even if you have a wine pkg), ask the wine steward for the next night's menu and wine list - you can pre-order your wine and have it waiting for you...

I really like a good Cioppinno. Happy to hear you enjoyed yours in Pinnacle. :)

I'm invited to dnner with friends at a favorite restaurant that serves a great Cioppinno and now I am sure that is what I will order.

The cioppinno is now my favorite too, but it used to be the flaming seafood skewer.

Just came off the Oosterdam for 11 days Carribean. We have been 4 times in the PG, all booked online pre-cruise. I think it's not worth the money and regretted the online bookings. Although the food was good, ambiance great, I found it overpriced. Yes the steaks are great and big, but that's it. No lobster what so ever, only lobster bisque. Halibut and chicken were good, but not worth the extra money. Service was good, just as is in the main dining, so nothing special.Wine choises are better than in the main dining, but I found the sommelier not to be that good. His advice was the same for most dishes or no advice at all. No special menu on gala evening. So this is my opinion, hope no offence to other's.

Just came off the Oosterdam for 11 days Carribean. We have been 4 times in the PG, all booked online pre-cruise. I think it's not worth the money and regretted the online bookings. Although the food was good, ambiance great, I found it overpriced. Yes the steaks are great and big, but that's it. No lobster what so ever, only lobster bisque. Halibut and chicken were good, but not worth the extra money. Service was good, just as is in the main dining, so nothing special.Wine choises are better than in the main dining, but I found the sommelier not to be that good. His advice was the same for most dishes or no advice at all. No special menu on gala evening. So this is my opinion, hope no offence to other's.

I sure hope that they bring the lobster back (as rumored). The menu has always been the same every night, formal/gala or not, logic is that this is a separate dining option.

• 1 month later...

We were on the Westerdam in Oct, and they menu was posted that day for the MDR at the entrance, late each morning. Also for lunch and dinner at the PG.

But the we did the Pinnacle Grill on the 2nd to last night (Gala night).

Worst mistake of the cruise.

Arrived at 7 PM and again 2.5 hours for a meal.

DW had to ask multiple times for a water refill before getting one. The waiter had to admit "you really shouldn't have to ask so many times".

Things like that all night.

Place was 1/2 to 1/3 full so it wasn't busy at all.

Food there was "good" but no lobster and limited seafood selections.

So food 3 out of 5, service 0 out of 5.

Not worth paying extra for.