Summit Schedules for January thru March 2017 Missing (2 Threads Merged)

cricketts

Just took a look for you and there is nothing showing on the UK website either.

Thank you... Unfortunately, we've been through this before... Code Yellow, Code Red... cancellations :mad: I just don't understand why they put itineraries out there to book and then cancel and pull them.

Does anyone know what's happening with Summit in early 2017? On the Celebrity website there aren't any cruises listed between January 7th and April 1st???

Celebrity is in the early stages of chartering the ship to different groups in this time period. We had the January 31st ten nighter booked. Oh well. plenty of time to do something else. The reps were still saying they knew nothing about any charters.

Edited by bayonnejoe

Hi - the summit is being redeployed to ft lauderdale in 2017 and someone heard correct , there will be a number of charters - however , do not know when the transition will occur . I guess , the reasoning here is to replace the constellation in the market.

Hi - the summit is being redeployed to ft lauderdale in 2017 and someone heard correct , there will be a number of charters - however , do not know when the transition will occur . I guess , the reasoning here is to replace the constellation in the market.

May also be to take advantage of Cuba should it open, from what I understand the Ports in Cuba won't handle the big ships, so Summit will be the only smaller X ship in the region. SO they need to rethink a lot of itineraries to plan for it.

If Summit is being redeployed to FLL, does that mean an S-class ship will be taking over in San Juan?

Summit is replacing Connie that is redeploying full-time to Asia/Middle East.

My guess is they won't make SJ a home port any longer, at least until the Edge ships deliver, since it is a single port with only 1 X ship calling it home, it must have higher cost and less efficiency than if they use FLL and MIA.

That's too bad. We really enjoyed the wider variety of islands in a 7-day reach of San Juan, and an s-class ship there would definitely pique our interest, as we are unable to do the longer 10 and 11-day itineraries. And while X only keeps 1 ship there, RCI keeps 2, so I imagine X benefits from that as well, cost wise.

That's too bad. We really enjoyed the wider variety of islands in a 7-day reach of San Juan, and an s-class ship there would definitely pique our interest, as we are unable to do the longer 10 and 11-day itineraries. And while X only keeps 1 ship there, RCI keeps 2, so I imagine X benefits from that as well, cost wise.

2017 itineraries release soon, so we will know for sure in a matter of weeks. :)

The only kink in the 2017 redeployment logic is that the Summit April 2017 schedules from San Juan are still available for booking

The only kink in the 2017 redeployment logic is that the Summit April 2017 schedules from San Juan are still available for booking

Agreed; they only closed a few cruises between January and March 2017 for bookings, not the entire San Juan season, and late March and April cruises remain available.

Celebrity has chartered the Summit to entertainment cruise productions on Jan 21 through Jan 28 for a Caribbean jazz cruise

We booked the Jan 14, 2017 and Jan 21, 2017 sailings (and two rooms on each cruise for family) last January - in other words, two years ahead, to get the exact rooms we wanted.

We are very unhappy if this is true. And no notification from Celebrity either, just read about the cancellation here.

Called Celebrity today and they say, yes, everything is blocked out (Code Red) after the Jan 7 cruise until the April 1 cruise in 2017 but the customer service rep couldn't explain why. Will get our travel agent on the case tomorrow to figure out our options.

The Summit is being advertised by charter companies for 3 separate full ship charters during those dates. January 21-28 Jazz, January 28-Feb 4 another Jazz, March 20-25 Clothing Optional cruise. All out of Ft. Lauderdale.

Celebrity won't admit to any of them, and in fact only pulled the Summit from bookings about a week ago, even though these cruises have been advertised by their charter companies for 1-2 months.

I know all the cruise lines do this at times, but I'm fed up with how Celebrity is handling it.

In June i booked a b2b for 21 nights out of San Juan during these dates. And while they stall on telling booked passengers that they're cancelled, the prices keep going up for possible replacement cruises .

We booked the Jan 14, 2017 and Jan 21, 2017 sailings (and two rooms on each cruise for family) last January - in other words, two years ahead, to get the exact rooms we wanted.

We are very unhappy if this is true. And no notification from Celebrity either, just read about the cancellation here.

Called Celebrity today and they say, yes, everything is blocked out (Code Red) after the Jan 7 cruise until the April 1 cruise in 2017 but the customer service rep couldn't explain why. Will get our travel agent on the case tomorrow to figure out our options.

We're on Adventure of the Seas for a B2B this January, and there was a period of time where one of our weeks was "Code Red" and pulled from the schedule. We got the same run around from RCCL :mad: However, the week did show up again for sale - at double the prices :eek:

Good luck with your family cruise. I feel your pain!

Edited by cricketts

It's too bad that Celebrity charters out their ships and many people have aLready made their plans only to have been cancelled, but it appears that Celebrity makes out better financially by doing these things!

All cruise lines do it all the time. It's not unique to Celebrity or RCL.

Edited by cle-guy

I'm bummed to read this as we were booked on a B2B in there for the 1.14 and the 1.21 sailing. I just hope that for those of us affected by this, if true, that X gives us some decent options since we booked early and under the 123go all inclusvie! promo. Prices have gone up so much on a lot of sailings if we end up having to re-book something at current rates.

All cruise lines do it all the time. It's not unique to Celebrity or RCL.

Certainly that is true. However, it seems Celebrity excels in the cancellation department. In 31 cruises, we've had one Code Red on Royal, no issues with Princess and 3 cancellations on Celebrity [emoji19]

It's too bad that Celebrity charters out their ships and many people have aLready made their plans only to have been cancelled, but it appears that Celebrity makes out better financially by doing these things!

Like if I put down a deposit on a new car but wasn't taking delivery for a month.

What reaction should I have if the dealer called me up and said they found another buyer for my car willing to pay way more for it than I would, so they were canceling my contract??

But not to worry, they had lots of other cars for me to choose from - at slightly higher prices, of course - and they were going to give me $200 for my " inconvenience".

Celebrity does this full charter business more than any other line. Just take a look at a certain website that lists most theme full or partial charter cruises and see that Celebrity is listed a whole lot

Why doesn't X just become a charter company, and redeploy all their ships to Asia? They seem infatuated in doing so.

Just take a look at a certain website that lists most theme full or partial charter cruises and see that Celebrity is listed a whole lot

I'm not familiar with how to check for charters. What is the website address?