LAFFNVEGAS "Live" from the Norwegian Jewel

LAFFNVEGAS

Welcome Back

Did any of the staff stand out to you?

Truthfully they were all excellent , in previous Suites we have had fair to excellent cabin stewards bit Dewa was definitely one of the best

[emoji106]🏻 I also liked our Butler a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It will be my turn to board in 2 weeks :D!

I look forward to seeing more pictures, and any dailies you may have once you get home and have time.

The time I have left can not come soon enough, but I am sure the time you spent went all too fast (as I will feel once it is my turn to travel the Jewel).

Thank you for taking us all along with you on your travel.

Lisa,

Thanks for the "live from" thread. It was fun and informative.

Safe travels home.

Looking forward to your report on the Konigsdam. Is that your next cruise, or do you have something else before then?

Marion

Yes the Koningsdam Inaugural in April out of Rome is our next cruise and definitely plan to do a a Live From.

Not doing well with wifi at airport so using my data which is ok

Here are pics of the Spa

[ATTACH]368728[/ATTACH]

First is in the Ladies locker room

[ATTACH]368729[/ATTACH][ATTACH]368730[/ATTACH][ATTACH]368731[/ATTACH][ATTACH]368732[/ATTACH][ATTACH]368733[/ATTACH][ATTACH]368734[/ATTACH]

These next pictures are I the middle section for men and women

[ATTACH]368735[/ATTACH][ATTACH]368736[/ATTACH][ATTACH]368737[/ATTACH][ATTACH]368738[/ATTACH][ATTACH]368739[/ATTACH][ATTACH]368740[/ATTACH]

Thanks so much for these!

Thanks for working for us on your vacation.

How much was the sushi?

Was the thermal suite all operational? (I was on one cruise where nothing seemed to work... Pearl, I think.)

Is breakfast at Moderno available to all or only suite passengers?

Was the unlimited internet worth it? Seems like you had quite the problem with slow speeds and spotty connectivity.

Thanks for the tip on self-disembarkation... I would have naturally done that option, but will try to avoid it.

Thanks for working for us on your vacation.

How much was the sushi?

Was the thermal suite all operational? (I was on one cruise where nothing seemed to work... Pearl, I think.)

Is breakfast at Moderno available to all or only suite passengers?

Was the unlimited internet worth it? Seems like you had quite the problem with slow speeds and spotty connectivity.

Thanks for the tip on self-disembarkation... I would have naturally done that option, but will try to avoid it.

The Sushi was a bit high priced but very good, most were $5 or $6 a roll but they were small rolls. There was one roll that was $7.50 I will definitely go back on our next NCL cruise.

Good thing was the Sake was included in the UBP.

Yes Thermal Suite was all operational and in good working condition. In prior Jewel cruises did not get the spa package but this time I did, it was good.

Breakfast in Moderno is for Suite and Haven only.

Actually the Unlimited was definitely worth it, wish it was not as high as it was but with that being said I definitely got my money's worth. Needed to keep tract of both of my jobs so this worked out well. One just needs to remember that it is a satellite connection and no matter what there can and will be times of being slow and not connecting.

Yes I am sure many wished they had not done self disembark. They were also making people open their luggage.

Lisa,

Thanks so much for your great information! We're doing this cruise in March and staying in an aft suite on deck 9. I can't wait!!! Your posts have been really helpful.

I'm curious...is breakfast served at both Moderno and Cagney's for suite guests?

My husband is wondering if you noticed any taco carts in any of the ports. He's a huge taco fan and is hoping to find a taco cart or two.;)

Thanks,

~Joanne

Lisa,

Thanks so much for your great information! We're doing this cruise in March and staying in an aft suite on deck 9. I can't wait!!! Your posts have been really helpful.

I'm curious...is breakfast served at both Moderno and Cagney's for suite guests?

My husband is wondering if you noticed any taco carts in any of the ports. He's a huge taco fan and is hoping to find a taco cart or two.;)

Thanks,

~Joanne

Thanks [emoji2]

Moderno is where Suites passengers can have lunch and Breakfast, it use to be in Cagneys till May of 2014 after the Jewel's last dry dock and they moved Moderno to be across from Cagneys. Not sure the reason. Other than the Suite Breakfast has always had a breakfast bar and this way with the permanent salad bar in Moderno they are not needing to take it down daily in Cagneys.

The only place I noticed taco carts were in Puerto Vallarta although there could be some on Cabo it has been years since we went to the main drag area rather than just staying in the Marina area.

So glad you had a great cruise--I think your wonderful attitude is part of the reason for that! I have the same package deal and the same room in a couple weeks and just wondered if you had any problems using your UBP in the specialty restaurants? I, too, doubt that I will get my money's worth from this extra--but did think I might like a drink with dinner. Thanks again for your posts!

thanks for all your efforts great info. i am leaving on this cruise dec6 i also wanted to ask about the super shuttle back to the airport did you make advance reservations with them directly or is this something that is ncl uses for the transfer back to the airport ? i always stress over the disembarkation process for every cruise i've been on

So glad you had a great cruise--I think your wonderful attitude is part of the reason for that! I have the same package deal and the same room in a couple weeks and just wondered if you had any problems using your UBP in the specialty restaurants? I, too, doubt that I will get my money's worth from this extra--but did think I might like a drink with dinner. Thanks again for your posts!

Thanks[emoji2]

Actually that was my biggest surprise how easy it was to get the drinks in the restaurants, we actually ONLY drank while eating so it was only in the specialty and main dining. Even when we had Sushi on Saturday my Sake was included. I often would get the specialty drink listed at the top of the menu. I loved the Speakeasy Martini and then there is also the Mango drink, can't remember at this minute what the name is.

thanks for all your efforts great info. i am leaving on this cruise dec6 i also wanted to ask about the super shuttle back to the airport did you make advance reservations with them directly or is this something that is ncl uses for the transfer back to the airport ? i always stress over the disembarkation process for every cruise i've been on

Super Shuttle is super easy [emoji6][emoji1]

When ever we have sailed out of San Pedro we have done Super Shuttle. Yes I pre purchased on line and also added in the tip. It made it really easy.

I believe I put in World Cruise Center with an address of 100 Swinford Ave. San Pedro, Ca 90731

When we landed I got a text confirming our shuttle, waited about 10 minutes after we checked in with Super Shuttle at the curb in LAX then got updates where the van was. I had originally picked a 10 am pick up after the cruise but realized we would be out there by 9 so called Super Shuttle Once docked and was no problem to change.

Price while not drastically less was still less than than NCL and very easy.

What time did you arrive at the airport from Super Shuttle? I have one booked for 8:30 am, as our flight is 11:30 and I'm really stressing about it with all I'm reading about traffic.

And you're saying I should leave the luggage out the night before, and not do the self walkout?

Thanks for all your help, loved the live review!

What time did you arrive at the airport from Super Shuttle? I have one booked for 8:30 am, as our flight is 11:30 and I'm really stressing about it with all I'm reading about traffic.

And you're saying I should leave the luggage out the night before, and not do the self walkout?

Thanks for all your help, loved the live review!

The good news is it is a Sunday and traffic as long as there is not accident is very light. I want to say it took about 30 minutes to get to the airport. Granted you will not leave right at 8:30 but should have not problems but as I mentioned before Self Disembark could be a major problem. I know those that did that were a good 30 minutes behind us and probably disembarked about 30 minutes before us. If you were in the very first wave of Self Disembark you may be OK, they actually starting calling colors at 7:30 we were still eating Breakfast.

• 4 weeks later...

So happy I came across these postings as we are leaving on Jan 3rd for this cruise and it provided a LOT of information. We are fairly novice cruisers (only done 2) and we're taking Mom and Sis who are complete new-bees so should be fun! We only have BB connected balconies (not suites) towards the aft on Deck 10, with the UBP - so we probably wouldn't do much of the speciality dining. Nevertheless all the information was VERY MUCH APPRECIATED - thanks for taking so much time to post.

So happy I came across these postings as we are leaving on Jan 3rd for this cruise and it provided a LOT of information. We are fairly novice cruisers (only done 2) and we're taking Mom and Sis who are complete new-bees so should be fun! We only have BB connected balconies (not suites) towards the aft on Deck 10, with the UBP - so we probably wouldn't do much of the speciality dining. Nevertheless all the information was VERY MUCH APPRECIATED - thanks for taking so much time to post.

Come join the roll call -- lots of great CCers on the Jan 3rd sailing