LAFFNVEGAS "Live" from the Norwegian Jewel

LAFFNVEGAS

Good Morning CCers, we slept in and of course doing my usual reading of emails from jobs, and sipping on my coffee.

I know NCL CCers know about the Lavazza Coffee / Espresso maker in the suites but for my Hal friends reading just wanted to mention this. This is probably my favorite suite perk. First I love the Lavazza coffee and know drink it at home. But I have a little trick I bring along the little international coffee creamers, usually caramel macchiato to add to my coffee [emoji6]

Tom has taken off to go eat breakfast and had his iPad in hand for reading, guessing he will end up in Spinnakers which is like Crows Nest on Hal.

I am about to throw on my bathing suit and head to the spa. Then we will meet back here by 12:30 to go to lunch.

I want to thank all of you for following along like I said nothing really exciting but guessing we do like many long time cruisers do.

My big decision today will be if I want to purchase a cruise next Future cruise deposit, no question about returning to NCL because we love it,plus we just turned Platinum [emoji3]

The thing is next year for 2016 we are already booked solid both are Hal and Tom is already wishing we could fit in NCL, then we are booked for the NCL Pearl in this same cabin for March 2017. I am thinking I need at least one so I can book later on for Fall 2017 before we do cruise the March 2016. But buying any more would be over kill since I would not use them for a while.

We got the dreaded letter this morning about coming to the disembarkation talk, at least it did not arrive on the 2nd day of the cruise like another cruise line does [emoji16] I always like that NCL treats you excellent all the way up till you disembark [emoji106]🏻

I have finished my coffee so think I will head to the spa.

Signing off for now.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447433298.013618.jpg.0930123aee324d7375970fdab343e8d2.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have finished my coffee so think I will head to the spa.

Signing off for now.

[ATTACH]368500[/ATTACH]

Can you take some pictures of the spa? It is really hard to tell how big the spa area is, and especially how big the thalassotherapy pool is from the stock NCL pics. Thanks!

Good Evening from Le Bistro where we have finished our entrees and thinking about dessert.

I had again hoped to post pictures but either the bandwidth is not strong enough or Tapatalk does not like to cooperate. I was shocked this morning when I was able to post the one picture. I will try to remember to stop by the spa with my phone to take pictures.

We both had the Filet in LeBistro and it was one of the best Filets I have had in a very long time.

Well dessert has arrived I will write more later tonight

[emoji513]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh Gerry your Margarita is coming [emoji6]

I will have one for you tomorrow and at Panchos in Mazatlan.

We do love the aft we have an aft for our Koningsdam in April as well.

Guess you are going to have to get snickered cause I want another one. Love Panchos.:D

<snip>

Then I had a couple glasses of wine. We are definitely not taking full advantage of the Ultimate Beverage package at best I have three drinks a day. We are just not big drinkers but it's nice to have the package. I will say the service has been fantastic, never a problem in any of the dining venues.

Tomorrow night we have reservations for Le Bistro and the last night is Cagneys. Tomorrow is also Chocolate Night with all of the restaurants have chocolate dessert specials.

Tonight we start to gain back the two hours we lost.

Signing off from the beautiful Norwegian Jewel:)

Lisa,

I did the same thing in August on Dawn. I didn't have more than a few glasses of wine a day and hardly made a dent in the UBP but that was okay. I had what I wanted and it was convenient to know whatever I had was included. :)

Continue to enjoy.

Fun thread to read. Thank you for it.

Good Afternoon from the beautiful Norwegian Jewel, sorry I have been m.i.a. But it seems Sea Days fly by quicker for us and today the satellite to the darn internet keeps going out. Five minutes before I needed to log into Southwest it totally went out and it took me well over an hour to get in [emoji22] so no A for boarding instead back of the line foe a B.

Ok not sure where I left off, last nights dinner in LeBistro was amazing. This morning I had another Spa appointment, this time a 75 minute Hot Stone Massage. I had Urska do it, she is really one of the best massage therapists I have had so if coming on the Jewel definitely request her.

Something I have always wanted to do since I started cruising Norwegian was have Sushi, Tom does not eat Sushi and the many times we have sailed our friends did not either so I just never got the chance to try it. Well to my surprise I realized on this last day they are actually open for lunch so Tom being the great husband came with me and watched me eat Sushi [emoji6] but he has Sapporo and they had my favorite kind of sake which is a Nigori and it was included in the Beverage package. I was very impressed with the Sushi, obviously had to be fresh frozen but high quality sashimi. This is something I am not going to miss again on my next NCL cruise.

For our last night on board we are returning to Cagney's, and will again have the Sea Bass that is so darn good.

All the disembarkation paperwork is laying here on the table. Other than seeing we need to have our luggage out by 11, I have not started to think about packing. It is something I really do not want to do. Well actually I don't want the cruise to be over. This has been the perfect week.

Sorry I have not posted much for pictures that will have to wait till I get home.

I need to get ready for dinner so signing off for now.

You make me laugh when you think MIA is a few hours. You see posters do a live from and update it once every two weeks. Not what a live from is in my opinion. Thx again for being so diligent. I've enjoyed your thread.

Thanks, I am glad you enjoyed it. I agree a Live from should be a post at least once a day, and when I use to do them in the past I would always post at least twice a day. For me it is like keeping a diary of events.

When I get home I will post a while bunch of pictures, I went and took pics of the Spa/Thermal suite and do have picks of our cabin. For those interest I will also include our Haven suite we had on the Jewel last year, doubt it has changed [emoji6].

Tonight's dinner was in Cagney's and Tom said the Filet he had was great, I repeated and had the Sea Bass again. It is so buttery good. I had gone to several restaurants in Las Vegas this past year look for one that served a Sea Bass as good as the one in Cagney's and I had not. The best was one the our son paid a small fortune for at Whole Foods.

Out first NCL cruise was in 2009 and back the I will admit I was not impressed with Cagney's, went again in 2010 and still not thrilled. I think it was 2013 that that NCL revised the menu or was it 2014? At any rate that was when I saw a total change and it became my favorite [emoji106]🏻. LeBistro has always been good and I have liked Teppanyaki, now I have a new favorite to add... Sushi [emoji3] of course for the Main Dining room Tsars is great and as is O'Sheahans and the Garden Cafe.

Oddly you are going to wonder if we did anything besides eat.....well I guess that is about it [emoji1] well except for me going to the Spa, although I did buy some perfume tonight, Armani Code.

Tom and I both really love this cruise line but have one small complaint which is the same one we have had with Hal and that is the Logo Wear in the shops ☹️ NCL is actually worse than Hal. Our first few cruises I the NCL we bought some nice sweat shirts and Tom even has a golf shirt but those kinds of things no longer exist which is sad. The cruise want us to spend money but they need to offer items people want to purchase so they can spend money. Had they offered logo wear we would have spent a lot more money. This will basically be my only thing I will mention in the survey.

The bags are packed and just need to place the tags on and place in the hallway. Envelopes done for those we give extra to and immigration form done with claiming our purchase.

Signing off from the Beautiful Norwegian Jewel.

DISEMBARKATION was extremely easy if you DID NOT DO SELF DISEMBARKATION!!!!! The line was massively long for those with their own luggage appeared like 1/4 of the ship. We waited till about 8:45 to walk off and were at the curb getting Super Shuttle. I would highly advise in Los Angeles to those that will be cruising in the future not to do self disembark .

Ok we are at the airport, got Tsa pre check but the security is set extremely high. A necklace I have worn several times set off the alarm.

You know looking back on the week it could not have been any more perfect. Everything went exactly as planned, service was amazing and in all honestly I do not think it had anything to do with being in a suite. Servers in the Garden Cafe have no idea if you are in an interior or Haven. Even disembarking the Washy Washy Guy gave us a hug good bye.

While getting dressed this morning I cried because Ton put on the Farewell from the Crew show. It made it hard to apply the Make Up. Sadly this is something Hal has taken away and in many ways it is something that is quite special. Which is something that makes NCL stand apart .

We had breakfast this morning in Moderno my first breakfast all week [emoji1] I had the Crab Cake Eggs Benedict which was excellent.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447613199.940121.jpg.3ff76e1e2a5508ff946653716bd9124e.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447613212.692428.jpg.1795fc5e9bdb4c07d82cd7d84761e9e2.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447613228.193934.jpg.8678763884a1641fa869227a92537bae.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447613289.819052.jpg.e2152f8537aa041157b8fdcef024ef8d.jpg

As Sin the Cruise Director would say.....Adios

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447613162.939138.jpg.92681aa59894af9fac36672b18fc3dd7.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447613250.766062.jpg.ef07d2da553786141dee680cdc40b90a.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447613266.848815.jpg.3350f5cd42a7951b83c00430d8aec0a5.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447613280.119192.jpg.5e24bdb7c5101c47c350bf38e90303a5.jpg