Royal Caribbean Website ALWAYS Down

LITATGP

We are booked on a Christmas cruise with Royal Caribbean. I would like to use the website and book shore excursions, buy drink packages and make dinner reservations.

1) the website is down more than not. Is anyone else seeing this? The website seems to be "on vacation" nearly everyday.

2) When I log in, I can see my reservations but when I click on one of the reservation numbers, an error message always pops up saying, "We're sorry, we can't pull up your reservation."

What am I doing wrong?

Am I taking crazy pills?

Will I ever be able to plan this cruise?

Thanks in advance!

LITA

We are booked on a Christmas cruise with Royal Caribbean. I would like to use the website and book shore excursions, buy drink packages and make dinner reservations.

1) the website is down more than not. Is anyone else seeing this? The website seems to be "on vacation" nearly everyday.

2) When I log in, I can see my reservations but when I click on one of the reservation numbers, an error message always pops up saying, "We're sorry, we can't pull up your reservation."

What am I doing wrong?

Am I taking crazy pills?

Will I ever be able to plan this cruise?

Thanks in advance!

LITA

I was getting it all the time also.. Need to clear cookies and it should work.

I haven't been able to see into my reservations for about a week. And RCI keeps sending me emails telling me to buy excursions, etc. And I leave for my cruises in two days! I called them, and the poor clerk knew there was a problem with the web site, but other than that, had no answer.

Hmm. Lots of Celebrity cruisers haven't been able to access their reservations for weeks (many threads on this). Wonder if the companies use the same database and if the problem is spreading.

Most people are fine, but many have been posting for weeks about the problems, and have made call after call to try to get it resolved. I know it's common to assume user error in these scenarios, but whatever is going on with Celebrity right now is something larger--too many threads with too many people having the same problem.

Edited by perditax

• 1 month later...
Clear your cache and cookies. Also, try using Chrome or Safari. Or even Firefox. Not Internet Explorer.

You guys keep saying to clear cache and cookies like ppl don't know how to do that the first time. I have cleared mine and am using Chrome and still can't get on the site. I am getting "We are on Vacation" messages. I can actually see the site and log in through Explorer but when I click to do my online check-in it tells me the reservation can't be found. Not everything can be fixed with clearing cache. I also updated my java since the site is very java based. I am guessing it's a java issue since java no long supports chrome. I don't know though because there is an issue on the explorer as well.

While writing this my explorer stopped seeing the site as well.

I spoke with their website tech and the site has been experiencing difficulties and has been shut down for repairs. It should be back up tomorrow. Today is 12/13/15 @ 1:09 pm. Hopefully this will fix all our issues.

Edited by harvestmeadow

You guys keep saying to clear cache and cookies like ppl don't know how to do that the first time. I have cleared mine and am using Chrome and still can't get on the site. I am getting "We are on Vacation" messages. I can actually see the site and log in through Explorer but when I click to do my online check-in it tells me the reservation can't be found. Not everything can be fixed with clearing cache. I also updated my java since the site is very java based. I am guessing it's a java issue since java no long supports chrome. I don't know though because there is an issue on the explorer as well.

While writing this my explorer stopped seeing the site as well.

I spoke with their website tech and the site has been experiencing difficulties and has been shut down for repairs. It should be back up tomorrow. Today is 12/13/15 @ 1:09 pm. Hopefully this will fix all our issues.

I'm seeing the same thing. Wanted to look at a reservation on Anthem and start checking in, but I guess it can wait until tomorrow.

We have been cruising with Royal for nearly 15 years. I have never had an experience when the web site was down.

I think the problem is with your computer.

LOL

the problem is not with your computer. it is widely known that the Royal Car website has issues. It's a shame.

Does not seem to be browser specific.

*** also from reading Minn's posts. their first cruise was in 2006 (9 years ago, then they took over four years off from sailing RCCL) ... .LOL so not really sure how they have had 15 years of continuous experience with the website. LOL so many cheerleaders with bad information LOL

There are a few work around when you are locked out of your "my cruises"

but many times you just get the dreaded "on vacation" notice

Edited by TheTruthCanHurt

Our cruise leaves December 19th and I can't complete my online check-in.

Very Frustrating.

Same problems here. Everything is hit or miss. Sometimes I can login, other times I can't. I'll make it into my reservation, and then it'll time out in the middle of something. Then when I try to get back in, it says my reservation is currently being updated and won't let me in.

Royal Caribbean needs to stop letting the people who build their ships build their website.

James

Our cruise leaves December 19th and I can't complete my online check-in.

Very Frustrating.

Same problems here. Everything is hit or miss. Sometimes I can login, other times I can't. I'll make it into my reservation, and then it'll time out in the middle of something. Then when I try to get back in, it says my reservation is currently being updated and won't let me in.

Royal Caribbean needs to stop letting the people who build their ships build their website.

James

Have you tried going in the "back way"? Make sure you are logged out, close the browser, bring it back up, go to Royal's home page (do not log in), and click check-in at the top left of the page.

Have you tried going in the "back way"? Make sure you are logged out, close the browser, bring it back up, go to Royal's home page (do not log in), and click check-in at the top left of the page.

Right now I can login just fine. I can see my cruises, but when I click on them it just sits there.

Same problem on my iPad.

No about of clearing cookies or anything works.

When I click my bookmark for Crown and Anchor I get the "Royal Caribbean is on Vacation" page.

Oh well. I'll see you on Brilliance the end of this week!!

James

Right now I can login just fine. I can see my cruises, but when I click on them it just sits there.

Same problem on my iPad.

When I click my bookmark for Crown and Anchor I get the "Royal Caribbean is on Vacation" page.

James

I've found that sometimes my bookmarks get messed up. I'd also try just typing in http://www.royalcaribbean.com, and don't log in, just use the "check-in" link.

See you Saturday!

The website is definitely unreliable.

This is an area in which I have expertise. It fails on Chrome, Edge, Firefox, and Internet Explorer. No amount of cookie-clearing will alleviate database connection issues on their servers (which appears to be the underlying problem right now).

RCI needs a more mature IT organization across the board. Frequent website outages and, on my last cruise, they had a complete outage preventing them from checking any passengers in. Once they finally got things partially working, many passengers found that their reservations were "missing" and had to wait even longer while they manually called Miami to track things down.

We have been locked out of our reservation for a few weeks. I had to have a supervisor email me our cruise docs. They claim that my problem is that someone else in our res is on it. And that only 1 person can be in it at one time. When I tell them that it's just 2 of us and my husband doesn't use the computer they tell me to call back in a few days. They are totally useless!!

Same problem on my iPad.

James

I have same problem. Been like that all day. I get in but when click on reservations, does not go and then goes To the Royal is on vacation screen.

It is almost, reliably, intermittently, annoyingly hard to deal with. Sometimes you can get in so far, and other times it is just the reservation that can not be accessed. At least I never ever get the vacation message :) Over here our site goes on holidays! I have a theory that when the website is playing up they are loading new specials! At the moment they may be loading new itineraries :) Australia was scheduled to have new releases any day now :D

RCI%20oops.jpg