Kids in Haven suites

Toya1228

So I just wanted a little feedback from other cruisers. My family booked the aft penthouse suite on the Breakaway next April. I will be traveling with a 2 year old and 4 year old. My parents will also be traveling with us (1 room away). We decided to splurge a little since they were offering 3&4 guest free at the time and the space would be great for the kids. I don't expect us to really use the haven pool (mainly just the kids area and slidesand maybe the restaurant). I've seen a couple reviews that frown upon kids in the Haven areas and wanted to know what other families have experienced. Maybe I should post this in the family section but I thought I would get a some good feedback here. Thanks[emoji4] [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

anyone who frowns upon your kids, just ignore them. As long as they are decently behaved, don't worry about it and just have a blast! My husband and I don't have an kids and have even had a cabin on the deck where the kids club activities are held, and we don't mind them at all, even when they are a bit noisy! It's vacation and I would have LOVED to be taken on any cruise as kid, and in the haven, that will for sure be a treat for everyone!

We were in an aft facing penthouse on Getaway last month with our 6 year old. No one blinked an eye when he was in the Haven area. There was always a few kids in there. All were well behaved/respectful. Do not shy away from enjoying the space just because you have kids with you!

Edited by Poop_Deck

The common thread running through the Haven and kids posts. Well behaved and appropriate is the key. We've had Haven experience go both ways. The troublesome ones were dealt with by the Concierge and the well behaved ones were "just another guest". Well behaved kids are welcome!

The Haven is NOT an adult-only area, it is for all those booked in the applicable suites... INCLUDING their children.

Yes, if your kids run wild and unsupervised - you will get glares. If they are normal kids, well-behaved (when reminded) - feel free to glare back at any haters. You all paid to be there and enjoy the amenities.

Also, do not under-estimate the amount of time you may want to be in the Haven. It can get a little loud and crazy around the pool deck... the Haven is sooooo much nicer to hang-out in.

Edited by Kingmaker_inc

I'm not that worried about them not being well behaved. They are 2 and 4 so I expect them to be excited. I might be more excited than them. Lol. this is the first vacation my kids have ever been on so it will definitely be different than last time my husband and I cruised on RC.

I'm not that worried about them not being well behaved. They are 2 and 4 so I expect them to be excited. I might be more excited than them. Lol. this is the first vacation my kids have ever been on so it will definitely be different than last time my husband and I cruised on RC.

Dear Lord, the first vacation you are taking with your kids is on a NCL Cruise at the Haven level? Those vacation expectations will be forever high!! LOL!

Same thing happened with me and mine. We got upgraded to the Haven on our first ever cruise with the kids... and we can't go back.

Edited by Kingmaker_inc

We did the Getaway aft Haven balcony (huge aft balcony) in January and there were kids in the Haven every day. Didn't seem to be a problem for anyone that I noticed. As a previous post mentioned sometimes the adults are worse than the kids! And that's coming from someone without kids! :D

Take your kids into the Haven area. But I do warn those that bring kids to watch them carefully, because the staff, given a chance, will spoil them rotten. :)

We did the Getaway aft Haven balcony (huge aft balcony) in January and there were kids in the Haven every day. Didn't seem to be a problem for anyone that I noticed. As a previous post mentioned sometimes the adults are worse than the kids! And that's coming from someone without kids! :D

We too have shared the Haven Courtyard with families each cruise - and never had an issue.

OP - no concerns. You will be fine.

Last time we cruised we were on the Epic in a "2 Bedroom Family Suite", my wife and I with our 4 kids, beside us was another family with 4 kids. They were about the same age and hung out quite a bit together, in the haven pool area as well as the lounges. They were generally well behaved and never had any issues with the other haven guests. We live in Ontario the other family was from Florida but over 2 years later they still stay in touch.

NCL offers "kids sail free" so obviously there will be more kids then on most cruiselines. If you pay for the haven your entire party will be welcome in all areas of the haven. Your kids will absolutely love it. But as others have said, the haven for their first ever cruise, you will never be able to go back to coach again, you have set the bar really, really high. Have fun and enjoy!

Last time we cruised we were on the Epic in a "2 Bedroom Family Suite", my wife and I with our 4 kids, beside us was another family with 4 kids. They were about the same age and hung out quite a bit together, in the haven pool area as well as the lounges. They were generally well behaved and never had any issues with the other haven guests. We live in Ontario the other family was from Florida but over 2 years later they still stay in touch.

NCL offers "kids sail free" so obviously there will be more kids then on most cruiselines. If you pay for the haven your entire party will be welcome in all areas of the haven. Your kids will absolutely love it. But as others have said, the haven for their first ever cruise, you will never be able to go back to coach again, you have set the bar really, really high. Have fun and enjoy!

Lol. Well I am sure after this vacation we won't be going on anymore for a couple years. So they might not remember how high we set the bar lol. Last time I went on vacation was 2010. Spacing the vacations apart helps us save up for it. I would like the kids to participate in the kids club but my daughter is too young and I don't want to just split them up. So I might check out the haven pool if the main pool is too crowded. If my kids get too loud or something we will just have to hang out elsewhere. I know how toddlers and preschoolers can act so I will be prepared. I think it will be fun. I can't wait!

We will be in a Haven suite with our 4 kids on the Jewel in January. Our kids are well traveled and well behaved. Most of the time :)

We are looking forward to being in the Haven. They have no idea how spoiled they are but life is so short we try and make the best of the little time we have left with them before they all run off and start their own lives.

Don't ever feel uncomfortable about bringing your kids to "Fancy" places. Let them get a taste for the finer things in life and introduce them to etiquette. Teach them that it doesn't mean you can't have fun, it just means you need to be respectful of those around you.

-Sean

Take your kids into the Haven area. But I do warn those that bring kids to watch them carefully, because the staff, given a chance, will spoil them rotten. :)

You beat me to it.

To the OP, your kids are going to have a great time in the Haven pool AND the water park area.

If your kids are just "typical" kids with their behavior, nobody will even look twice or give you a dirty look. If they are like "Bebe's Kids", someone might have a problem with them being in the Haven areas.

This private pool area is the main reason why I booked the haven

Myself as well as my youngest daughter who will be 10 love the swimming aspect however we find the pool on deck to be overcrowded and loud so looking forward to a smaller amount of people

The Haven is for everyone who is staying in the Haven both young and old.

My only objection to kids in the Haven is when the parents let them act like animals and did not discipline them. Last time on the BA There was a family of kids who were jumping in the pool and screaming constantly while the parents said nothing. Eventually someone mentioned this to the concierge and he said something to the parents and the behavior of the children was more civilized. Kids just want to have fun and it is up to the parents to guide them and inform them of the rules of the Haven and to respect the other guests.

Edited by maxwellito

Our grandson is 8 and has been on 8 NCL cruises, always in the Haven and a couple of times in the Garden Villa. Is he a little spoiled? Maybe, but he is a good kid and we have a blast with him and his parents! Do we have fantastic memories? Absolutely! We usually sail during Thanksgiving week and it is a great tradition. There are plenty of other kids in the Haven and most of them are very well behaved. Enjoy your vacation! Splurge is good!

Lol. Well I am sure after this vacation we won't be going on anymore for a couple years. So they might not remember how high we set the bar lol. Last time I went on vacation was 2010. Spacing the vacations apart helps us save up for it. I would like the kids to participate in the kids club but my daughter is too young and I don't want to just split them up. So I might check out the haven pool if the main pool is too crowded. If my kids get too loud or something we will just have to hang out elsewhere. I know how toddlers and preschoolers can act so I will be prepared. I think it will be fun. I can't wait!

One thing to consider is that no pools allow diapered children, so work n getting that 2 year old trained. You might want to let your 4 year old try the club - I have 5 kids close in age, and we always let them try the clubs, even though they were in different groups.

One thing to consider is that no pools allow diapered children, so work n getting that 2 year old trained. You might want to let your 4 year old try the club - I have 5 kids close in age, and we always let them try the clubs, even though they were in different groups.

Thanks...luckily my almost 2 year old is about there. My son was potty trained by 2 years old (other than the occasional nighttime mishap). So that is high on my list. Even if she isn't fully potty trained I think we can find something fun to do. I wish the kids club could take 2 year olds then I would sign them up. But I dont think I will just send him seperatly. Thank goodness grandma and grandpa are coming so my hubby and I can have a night out. [emoji4]

Hi

I know you didn't ask this question, but in the interest of planning and preparedness, I just wanted to mention that if your parents are not also in a suite (it was unclear from your post) they likely will not be permitted in the Haven, even with you. I do believe you can invite them to dinner once in the Haven restaurant, but there is a charge for that -- Cannot remember how much it was but we did it once. I vaguely recollect it was 20.00 per guest, and we were only allowed to do it once. But they will not be allowed, for example, to accompany your kids to the pool etc.

Terry

We sail on Sunday on the Breakaway in the Haven, and we are mid 40s, no kids. I have absolutely no problem with kids being kids but would hope that the parents or grandparents are present to manage behavior if it becomes unruly (and recognize that everyone has a different definition of unruly!).

I would be more offended by out of control adults in the Haven than kids having fun (except when they issue those ear-piercing squeals that can shatter glass - anyone doing that is annoying!).

Kid's sail free ended some time ago. NCL finally wised up and called it what it really is, 3rd and 4th guests sail free. Nothing to do with kids anymore. Well behaved kids and adults are welcome anywhere. The others not so much. A quiet word with the concierge can and does fix it every time whether adults or kids. Screaming and cannon balls are not well received by anyone. Every time we have been in the Haven there are many that are reading, napping and just relaxing. Serenity is the key element.