Shampoo question

KathyF.

The dispensers in the shower contain body wash and shampoo. They do not provide conditioner. I bring my own shampoo and conditioner because I don't like mixing brands. Never have tried the shampoo but DH doesn't mind it.

Edited by ferfoodle

There is shampoo and body wash in the shower. Little bars of soap also. No conditioner so make sure to pack some.

I like the shampoo and body wash. Some people don't. If you have a particular shampoo that you like, you may want to bring that as well.

From what I've read on these boards in the last year...there's really not much in those little bowls or baskets anymore. I'd err on the side of bringing my own personal shampoo and conditioner if you don't think you'd care for Carnival's product. I personally always bring my own travel-sized shampoo, conditioner, and body wash as I have very dry skin.

Edited by mousey

Another quick note: sometimes, there may be a bowl of samples, which often includes brand-name shampoo and/or conditioner. But those are provided by outside companies, not Carnival, and are usually hit-or-miss, as far as availability is concerned.

The bowls with the little goodies is gone, hasn't been available for a while.

I use to love the little samples.

I have to say, especially for the ladies, you really are better off just brining your own shampoo/conditioner. The shampoo in the shower offers little to no help in the way of making your hair less frizzy in the heat and humidity and it is not conditioner. I have been bringing my own for every cruise, but at the end of our first I ran out of my travel bottles and seriously regretted it. You're better off brining the brand you use at home.

I dye my hair at home........ out of a box :eek: :eek: I always have extra tubes of the conditioner, so I bring one of those with me. Since they are a deep conditioner I find them great for the harsh salt water/air. We use the shampoo and body wash supplied .

I am going to bring my own body wash this time because I can't get the soap in the dispenser to lather. Anyone else? I like the shampoo ok but it doesn't lather very well either. I'm ok with no shampoo lather, but it seems like I have to use half the container of body wash to get enough to wash with.

Thank you. That's amazingly helpful.

That particular smell brings me right back to the ship, so on a dreary November day with the next cruise a few months away, it might be nice!

My pleasure. And for that "you are there effect" the dispenser units are available on Amazon and in Home Depot stores in the bath supplies department.

Edited by sanmarcosman