Question about passport

mjmcgove

So I just got my picture taken to get my passport, and idk, do you think I should go back and have Walgreens retake them? Or do you think this will be ok for the passport? I am just a tad worried that it may be a bit washed out? What do you think?4ea8abdeefc2a18b6d3c5062eb255153.jpg

My ex had a very poor photo (looked like it was taken with an orange light) and assumed it would be corrected when the passport was made :rolleyes: Of course, it wasn't. I see nothing wrong with your photo, but if you don't want to look at it for ten years, go back to Walgreens and try again.

That photo is fine. From every passport photo I've ever seen they are the most unflattering photos ever. My DF looks like a mug shot so don't worry about it.☺

When you start to look like your passport photo it is time to go home:).

I know someone who had his application denied because the photo was off(I think he said it was too light). He just brought in the note to CVS or walgreens and they retook it for him.

I know this is anecdotal but hope it can help. I think the picture is fine though. Enjoy having a whole new world of opportunities with a passport!

Edited by theriac

I think the photo itself is fine.

But, I will say that our TA took our photo, and told us specifically to wear a bright or dark color, not white or light gray. As you can see the photo is washed out. But your face is recognizable, so I would just send it in. If they don't like it, Walgreens will likely a comp a new photo.

Most countries like the passport photo to look a mug shot . I've your smiling they might not accept it. Otherwise it looks fine.

We just renewed our passports Last month. I'm smiling in mine, DH in his.

No problem getting photos accepted for passport renewal.

We just renewed our passports Last month. I'm smiling in mine, DH in his.

No problem getting photos accepted for passport renewal.

Our state department has relaxed the requirement and now allows smiles. You can't be showing teeth though (as I understand it). Mine looks like I'm smirking.

• 2 weeks later...
Our state department has relaxed the requirement and now allows smiles. You can't be showing teeth though (as I understand it). Mine looks like I'm smirking.

I don't know where you heard that the smile can't show teeth. My teeth are definitely showing in my smile on my passport photo and it was accepted with no problems.

I don't know where you heard that the smile can't show teeth. My teeth are definitely showing in my smile on my passport photo and it was accepted with no problems.

The person that took our photo told us that. Evidently they don't know hooey about the requirements. Glad the pictures they took were accepted:).