Allure of the Seas B2B Nov 15-29th, Periscope, Snaps, Compass, Q&A, just having fun

Hello everyone!!

My wife Stacey and I have been using CC for years now and have had so many helpful people answer questions and learned so much we figured we would do our best to give back :)

Nov 15-29th we head out on 2 weeks back to back on the Allure of the Seas, I plan to "try" to snap pics, a few short videos, snaps of our compass, and try some Periscope onboard. This will be our 2nd time on Allure, last time it went too fast so this time we booked 2 weeks in a row.

Who's going - My wife and I (mid 40's), our two daughters 7 & 15, and my Mom who recently finished chemo and radi (cancer sucks). We reserved her a mobility cart thru special needs at sea with an accessible oceanview adjoined stateroom, so I can hopefully fill you in on how all that goes too.

Our last Allure cruse was in 2013 and our youngest daughter Julia spent her ENTIRE day EVERYDAY in Adventure Ocean with the 3-5 yr old Aquanauts. She can't wait to go back this time she's 7 so she gets to go with the 6-8yr old Explorers!

I spent time poking around CC and the web in anticipation of our trip so as long as the ship's internet works I will do my best to check in, share and try to answer any questions that can't already be found here via search.

I am BRAND new to Periscope but I think you can find us by searching WillandStacey and on twitter by the same name.

If you aren't sure what Periscope is or how it works, go to you tube and search "what is periscope" I have enjoyed using it watching some celebrities like Neil Diamond, Jay Mohr, Jimmy Fallon, Howie Mandel, Joe Bonamassa, Cnet Tv, even Royal Caribbean, news, blogs all sorts of things to tune in to, now we will try to participate with some "from the ship" periscopes if the technology Gods are on our side.

We have 2 days to pack, fly out Saturday for Sunday sailing, so I should go start my list but I will check in thru the trip.

Bill ;)

Any chance you can share the compass that shows were all the smoking areas are ...I'm told it will be day 1. I'm trying to find all the place so I can make a dvk plan for my friend who smokes. Having this would be of great help.

Thanks

No problem I will keep an eye and "snap" it if I see that info :)

How exciting for your cruise coming up. And so nice going now that your mom is done chemo.

Thanks for doing a report. I don't have Periscope, but hopefully can follow up on here? That would be great if you could post the cruise compass (we're doing Eastern so personally I'm interested in it for your second cruise).

Enjoy. Looking forward to hearing more.

I am anxious to read any info on the scooter you are renting...I broke my left leg and left elbow about 10 days ago. We have a cruise booked for mid December on Oasis. Unfortunately, no handicap rooms are available. So I'm sticking with my D2 ocean view balcony cabin. I was told the scooter should fit thru the door. It won't leave a lot of room for us in the cabin. I do know that the scooter needs to be plugged into an actual receptacle vs an extension cord. Any insight from you or your mom would be greatly appreciated!!!

We will be joining you for the second week of your B2B. I have to say I am incredibly jealous of the 2 weeks! I hope someday hubby can take two week of vacation in a row and then I can finally get to do a B2B!!

As I mentioned we will be joining you on the 22nd. We are traveling with our 2 daughters as well (11 & 7). I am sure our 7 yr olds will have a blast in the kids club! this is our first time on Allure - but last Thanksgiving she LOVED the kids club on the NCL Breakaway so I know she will love this one too!

I wish we were only one day away from our flight to FL!! Have a safe trip. I look forward to reading about the ship in the week leading us to us coming aboard. See you in 9 days!!!

Ameena

Subscribing! :)

Congratulations to your Mom on completing her chemo and radiation! I hope she has a restful, fun time.

I will be on the Allure in February with my 13 year old son and 15 year old daughter, so I'm particularly interested in what your 15 year old thinks of the teen activities- if she's into them. I know some teens prefer to do their own thing or stick around with the family.

So far, I've heard mostly good things about Allure's connectivity, so here's hoping that's true for you and you're able to check in smoothly!

Thank you for posting and I look forward to hearing about your trip!

Cheers,

Amy

I am anxious to read any info on the scooter you are renting...I broke my left leg and left elbow about 10 days ago. We have a cruise booked for mid December on Oasis. Unfortunately, no handicap rooms are available. So I'm sticking with my D2 ocean view balcony cabin. I was told the scooter should fit thru the door. It won't leave a lot of room for us in the cabin. I do know that the scooter needs to be plugged into an actual receptacle vs an extension cord. Any insight from you or your mom would be greatly appreciated!!!

Talking with mom today about the scooter, she's nervous to use it but obviously needs it, think mainly we will be ok, we booked it thru the special needs at sea (dot com) which was recommended thru RCI, and it wasn't too bad for our 2 weeks total was $258 (we picked the heavy duty model) we booked it about 3 months prior to sailing so I am not sure if we got a "deal" or what it would cost closer to cruising.

I will update though how it is for her to get around the ship, and we both looked around for info on the accessible room without much luck but hopefully she can get around easy enough in there with it too. So I will take pics of our room for reference of anyone interested in an allure oceanview stateroom that is accessible. (I think only difference will be bathroom but not sure).

Edited by FTLOSM

When I was first diagnosed with cancer 10 years ago I made a bucket list of places I wanted to see and soon realized after using a wheel chair for a few trips I knew I needed a better option and one of my doctor's and my husband suggested a scooter. I was very scared to use one at first but for me now it has been an answer to a dream. Have scooter will travel is now my motto. When I do trips now I either use my own scooter or rent one depending on the distance. For this trip tomorrow I will be using my own. I rented one for our Alaskan cruise 6 years ago. After my second bout with cancer last year vacations are even more important to me so I have had :) to make another bucket list. My scooter and me will be going on a European cruise in 2 years.

So far this year my husband and I have taken my grandkids to Disney World and Washington DC and I couldn't have done it without my scooter.

ann now in rainy ft lauderdale awaiting another trip on the Allure

First of all thanks for taking the time to share your travels with us.

If you get a chance can you post what changes have occurred since dry dock.

I am just wondering if they are the same as the Oasis ones.

New restaurants and such.

Also hearing about menu changes in the future, listen for any buzz.

Thanks again.

Enjoy!!