Price of lunch/dinner at Johnny Rockets aboard Oasis of the Seas

tusconcam

I've booked a cruise on Oasis of the Seas for late April with Royal Caribbean cruise lines and was wondering about food options other than the Dining room and Buffet and Specialty restaurants.

Could someone chime in with fairly recent information about the fee/cost of eating at Johnny Rockets restaurant for lunch and dinner? (I hear that breakfast there is free. Is that true?)

What does the fee get you? Are you limited to certain choices/numbers of items?

What was your experience like? I know it's not fine dining, but if I want a quick? alternative to the other restaurants and just to grab a bite to eat, how is it?

Thanks for your information.

I've booked a cruise on Oasis of the Seas for late April with Royal Caribbean cruise lines and was wondering about food options other than the Dining room and Buffet and Specialty restaurants.

Could someone chime in with fairly recent information about the fee/cost of eating at Johnny Rockets restaurant for lunch and dinner? (I hear that breakfast there is free. Is that true?)

What was your experience like? I know it's not fine dining, but if I want a quick? alternative to the other restaurants and just to grab a bite to eat, how is it?

Johnny Rockets was $7-$8 (I think $7.95) when we were onboard last month for lunch/dinner. Breakfast was free. That charge got you unlimited items on the menu (as many burgers, fries, etc as you want) and soda. It didn't include milkshakes, which were a separate charge.

I honestly wouldn't recommend it. It was easily the worst Johnny Rockets of any ship I've been on. The area was dirty, the floors slippery with grease, and the staff fairly unenthusiastic. No dancing to any songs on the jukebox, no real interaction with the customers aside from taking orders, refilling drinks, and bringing more fries. I'd recommend Sabor across the Boardwalk much more readily.

As I recall, the fee was 7.95, but that is likely inaccurate/outdated.

There is no limit to the number of items you can order. As much as you want, anything on the menu... except the milkshakes because "reasons."

You are correct, breakfast is free, but to be clear for everyone, the oasis and allure are the only ships that do breakfast at Jrox.

The food is very meh. Its substantially better than the cafe on the promenade with the cold no-bread sandwiches and the bad pizza... It's on par with the rest of the ships offerings. Some ships do BBQ on the pool deck with some regularity, and THAT is a much better experience. Room service offers a free hamburger which is, in my opinion just as good.

Edited by Diplomacy

I was on the Oasis two weeks ago and the Johnny Rockets experience was quite pleasant. It was clean, the staff enthusiastic and attentive. They were singing and dancing. The burgers were juicy and the fries hot and crispy. The fee at lunch was, I believe, $6.95 or $7.95.

The reason it went from free to a reasonable amount is because of the kids. Teenagers were coming in regularly and ordering everything they could and leaving most of it. Not to mention the rowdiness of the teenagers was making it unpleasant for other guests. It was extremely wasteful. Our head waiter told us this on the Oasis a few months back when talking with him. While I want kids to have fun, no point in wasting food.

• 6 months later...

Thanks for the information and for posting the price and menu. Not that bad for a JR meal and drink. We're goingvtoctry it for lunch this upcoming week. Have been to Both JR's in AC (favorite was at the Showboat before it closed). I'll write back on the experience.

We went there on Allure,the burgers were excellent,and the milkshakes were really good too,and diamonds get Bogo milkshakes,it was crowded and a little unorganized,but it was lunchtime on a sea day and they were packed

We went there on Allure,the burgers were excellent,and the milkshakes were really good too,and diamonds get Bogo milkshakes,it was crowded and a little unorganized,but it was lunchtime on a sea day and they were packed

I believe all levels of C&A get a BOGO milkshake coupon for JR's.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe soda is included in the cover charge. I thought all beverages were extra.

Except the breakfast beverages. Like I said, feel free to correct me.

This changed recently when they raised the cover charge. Now the cover includes soda, but not shakes.

Edited by clarea