LIVE From the Serenade of the Seas with Trainman-2 & Judith

Trainman-2

We are both looking forward to this cruise!

I am shutting down here in the Embassy Suites so we can get packed up and organized to head to the terminal and board the ship.

My next post will be "Live" from onboard the Serenade of the Seas!

WE ARE ON THE SHIP AND IN OUR CABIN!

Parking was an adventure!

- The ship is docked at the terminal the Oasis and Allure use!

- My first thought was "this is gonna be easy" and as we drove to the baggage drop off area we spotted 3 Handicapped Parking spaces open and a bunch of regular spaces open very close to the terminal.

- I unloaded Judith, our luggage, our carry on's, and both walkers but kept my cane for the short walk from the parking lot to the terminal.

- When I drove to the entrance of the parking lot is was blocked with traffic cones. There was a Deputy Sheriff near buy and he told me the lot was full and I had to go to another lot even though I pointed out the empty spaces to him.

- So I drove to the other lot, found a place, parked and locked the car, and then hobbled back to the baggage unloading are to link up with Judith.

- Once we were together we entered the terminal and breezed through security and check in and had about a 5 minute wait while they got the "Boinging Machines" working and all of a sudden we were on the ship.

Edited by Trainman-2

WE ARE ON THE SHIP AND IN OUR CABIN!

Parking was an adventure!

- The ship is docked at the terminal the Oasis and Allure use!

- My first thought was "this is gonna be easy" and as we drove to the baggage drop off area we spotted 3 Handicapped Parking spaces open and a bunch of regular spaces open very close to the terminal.

- I unloaded Judith, our luggage, our carry on's, and both walkers but kept my cane for the short walk from the parking lot to the terminal.

- When I drove to the entrance of the parking lot is was blocked with traffic cones. There was a Deputy Sheriff near buy and he told me the lot was full and I had to go to another lot even though I pointed out the empty spaces to him.

- So I drove to the other lot, found a place, parked and locked the car, and then hobbled back to the baggage unloading are to link up with Judith.

- Once we were together we entered the terminal and breezed through security and check in and had about a 5 minute wait while they got the "Boinging Machines" working and all of a sudden we were on the ship.

That happened to us once when we were on a 10 night cruise on the Jewel some years ago. The parking next to the terminal seemed to be just for regular ships Allure and Oasis, while there were obvious empty spaces we noticed, and could also see them from the deck of the ship.

We now use off site parking, but your situation is not easy to use that venue I assume. Shame they did not let you use those empty spaces.

Edited by island lady

Our last cruise in August, we were able to park right next to the pier. I think that was because Allure was in Europe (or wherever) at the time.

I've just let my DH know that we will most likely not be able do that again for our upcoming cruise in a few weeks!

Glad you are on board and have been able to get some lunch!