Iceland

ontheweb

Just adding to CruiserBruce's post this link will take you there.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=-1&f=192

I've been there several times. Be sure to bring a lot of clothing to layer when you go. You just never know what the weather will be like and it can change quickly. Often windy and rainy but could be sunny.

Keith

Iceland is covered on the Northern Europe board.

I looked there, and did not see Reykjavik listed as one of the cities.

We're considering a land vacation there, and the question I really wanted answered was could you get decaf coffee. DW only drinks decaf and we have previously had problems finding decaf. (Could not find in Copenhagen on a post cruise stay, or in Paris last year when she went into a McDonalds to try to get decaf, and was told that they only had "normal".

Just adding to CruiserBruce's post this link will take you there.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=-1&f=192

I've been there several times. Be sure to bring a lot of clothing to layer when you go. You just never know what the weather will be like and it can change quickly. Often windy and rainy but could be sunny.

Keith

I'll check that out now.

I looked there, and did not see Reykjavik listed as one of the cities. ....

in the Iceland forum start a new thread with your question. Maybe label it something like, Decaf available in Reykjavik?

The ports of call forum has countries, not individual cities. Questions about a particular city are posted in a country's forum, various threads.

Edited by NMLady

in the Iceland forum start a new thread with your question. Maybe label it something like, Decaf available in Reykjavik?

The ports of call forum has countries, not individual cities. Questions about a particular city are posted in a country's forum, various threads.

I'll do that.

Note, at the top of the forum there are cities listed. Reykjavik is not listed on that forum. That is why I asked the question I did here.

I'll do that.

Note, at the top of the forum there are cities listed. Reykjavik is not listed on that forum. That is why I asked the question I did here.

I'd forgotten about that tiny print list of cities. Not every city can be listed but I am surprised that Reykjavik isn't.

When I use the Ports of Call forum I just look for a specific country. I don't really pay attention to the list of cities. That's why I hadn't realized what you were referring to. Thanks for explaining.

There is a very simple solution. Pick up a box or two of single-serving decaf instant. You can easily get hot water for tea - just then use the instant and you're set. Ditto with hotels - in my experience in Iceland and other Euro locations, they almost always have hot water kettles.

Might not be the same as fresh brewed, but it's the pragmatic answer. I don't drink decaf so not exactly your problem, but always travel with a half-dozen tubes in a baggie - so I can get my coffee fix 24/7. Lightweight and it's always in my go bag.

http://grapevine.is/culture/food/2012/05/09/exploring-icelandic-coffee-culture/

Scroll way to the bottom. There are two coffee shops that offer decaf.

Thank you very much.

Since the article also says most shop do not sell decaf, my wife may very well have been discouraged if she tried places before finding those.