Newby, first time tips and questions...

SailonSavy

Remember your Steward can also do a lot more than look after your room,

example something needs mending, bet you anything he will know who to talk to (might even be a crew member not working on the ship in that area but is a wiz with whatever it takes.

Remember your Steward can also do a lot more than look after your room,

example something needs mending, bet you anything he will know who to talk to (might even be a crew member not working on the ship in that area but is a wiz with whatever it takes.

THANK YOU! I've noted that down on my Cruise Information Notepad V.2, must get V.3 ready for use, I've learned so much information from Cruise Critic.

I've had some access issues with posting replies, but seems to be sorted now. Thank You for the information on Golden Princess canned Soda prices, have made allowance in On Board Credit to buy and not have the worry of lugging them with me. 50 weeks exactly today, I should be aboard or very nearly by now.

One word of caution, bring something warm to wear. I have been on many of these Mexican Riviera cruises, and there are always a bunch of people who are surprised how cold it is during the first couple of days and last couple of days.

You will not get to warm weather until you pass the tip of Baja California. After that it will be warm, maybe even hot, but those "at sea days" between LA and Cabo will be cold - you won't have trouble finding a lounger by the pool on those days!

I agree........

Hi Tom! Welcome back, good to see you posting again. :)

Hi Tom! Welcome back, good to see you posting again. :)

Hello Keith,

Thanks. I have not been thinking of cruises lately. I retired, and we moved to Utah and built a new house. During this time my Princess Coral/Island webpage was taken down. Now, a couple of years later I am thinking of cruising again, but we are booked on a HAL cruise. I decided to try HAL, because I don't like large ships. I like ships with a maximum of 2000 passengers. Princess ships were getting bigger and bigger.

Anyway, I have been posting mostly on the HAL board.

Was that your page with all the external photos of the balconies?

That page was VERY helpful about one year ago when I booked a mini-suite and adjoining balcony on the Baja Bumpout (on the Island, for a Panama transit).

I just went looking for it, to answer a CC question about a Dolphin aft mini, and found a site with the verbage but no photos. Happy I had copied all the ones that showed our balconies to my computer!

Now, I'm also happy for the reminder of potential chilliness as we sail from San Pedro in February. I've mostly been concerned with the humidity of the "tropics" and forgetting that it's still winter!

Was that your page with all the external photos of the balconies?

That page was VERY helpful about one year ago when I booked a mini-suite and adjoining balcony on the Baja Bumpout (on the Island, for a Panama transit).

I just went looking for it, to answer a CC question about a Dolphin aft mini, and found a site with the verbage but no photos. Happy I had copied all the ones that showed our balconies to my computer!

Now, I'm also happy for the reminder of potential chilliness as we sail from San Pedro in February. I've mostly been concerned with the humidity of the "tropics" and forgetting that it's still winter!

Yes that was my website. Verizon did away with their free web site feature that came with Fios. Now I live in an area where Fios isn't even available. I did copy the entire site in html. So if any one needs it I could send it to them. I suppose I could attach it to a post here on Cruise Critic. I haven't checked lately, if anything has changed on those ships, but I think they are stuck with the balcony layout.

Yes that was my website. Verizon did away with their free web site feature that came with Fios. Now I live in an area where Fios isn't even available. I did copy the entire site in html. So if any one needs it I could send it to them. I suppose I could attach it to a post here on Cruise Critic. I haven't checked lately, if anything has changed on those ships, but I think they are stuck with the balcony layout.

Unfortunately - the Island Princess has changed quite a bit :(

You have been missed!

Edited by Coral

One word of caution, bring something warm to wear. I have been on many of these Mexican Riviera cruises, and there are always a bunch of people who are surprised how cold it is during the first couple of days and last couple of days.

You will not get to warm weather until you pass the tip of Baja California. After that it will be warm, maybe even hot, but those "at sea days" between LA and Cabo will be cold - you won't have trouble finding a lounger by the pool on those days!

So true, especially this last week or so. Even some frost warnings. And I think we've had highs ranging from the 50s to high 70s in just a few weeks.

I'm sailing out of Houston in February.. should I expect cool temps on departure, sea days? mini suite dolphin deck
We sailed out of Galveston almost ten years ago at Oscar time. It was cool the first day and only warmed up once we reached the Yucatan. Same for the last day of the cruise. Edited by IECalCruiser