Ncl Escape : Update on Margaritaville charge

clearandsunny

I asked Andy Stuart via email, and he said, "We have not made any decision on Margaritaville at this point. Early indications are that the venue is incredibly popular and we have experienced some long lines. We are not in normal operation at this stage, so need to see how she performs once we are in our regular 7 day rotation out of Miami." This was 3 days ago.

Maybe it won't be as consistently busy on a 7-day as cruisers would have more opportunity to eat there and not have to try and jam everything in during 3 days.

According to our TA, who was on a chat situation with management: the service charge was simple put into effect because of the huge crowds. At this time they do not intend to make it a permantent charge, and are just going to moritor the situation. Yes, if it does continue to draw huge crowds they will make the $4.95 permenent.

According to our TA, who was on a chat situation with management: the service charge was simple put into effect because of the huge crowds. At this time they do not intend to make it a permantent charge, and are just going to moritor the situation. Yes, if it does continue to draw huge crowds they will make the $4.95 permenent.

I was not aware it was ever charged thus far... I just spoke to NCL directly (a few minutes ago) regarding something else with our reservation for next week and they said the venue is still completely complimentary!! :confused:

So far there is no charge so I have to assume you made this all up because you wanted to up your post count...

6&8

Has there been a definitive announcement on the specialty restaurants going to a la carte pricing?

The definitive announcement was a few months ago. It started on the first Escape sailing and is gradually being rolled out to the other ships.

You know what? Your TA doesn't know what they're talking about. There hasn't been a charge and if there is a new charge, they're still giving you the wrong information.

You know, a good TA is worth their weight in gold.

Edited by SuiteCruiser

I asked Andy Stuart via email, and he said, "We have not made any decision on Margaritaville at this point. Early indications are that the venue is incredibly popular and we have experienced some long lines. We are not in normal operation at this stage, so need to see how she performs once we are in our regular 7 day rotation out of Miami." This was 3 days ago.

Thanks! Hopefully lines are cut in half during the 7 day sailings

If that's the issue. From my read of some of the TA reports I am concerned it may be a kitchen capacity issue equipment wise, which will be much harder to fix (or they will need to move away from cooked to order)

good let's hope it stays that way.

In response to a popular venue NCL should increase staffing and hours to accommodate guests, not throw a fee to reduce the demand.

If that's the issue. From my read of some of the TA reports I am concerned it may be a kitchen capacity issue equipment wise, which will be much harder to fix (or they will need to move away from cooked to order)

I suspect that plays into it, but increased operating hours could help alleviate a crush.

I've noticed NCL has some issues with cook to order places and pacing/timing.

good let's hope it stays that way.

In response to a popular venue NCL should increase staffing and hours to accommodate guests, not throw a fee to reduce the demand.

Other than the TA, all of the Escape cruises have been short. I was on the 3-day last week. And all 4500 passengers had the desire to eat there during one of the three times it was open. Logistically it doesn't work.

Now that the ship is on a regular 7 day cycle, NCL can start to work out what is the best combination of opening times and staffing. The space is configured like the Uptown Grill and Flamingo Grill with the outside kitchen really set up to heat buffet food. And outside of putting tables in the running track, there is not much more space for additional seating. And it is obviously subject to weather,,,, for example yesterday with the storms in Miami, I have not seen anything about their ability to keep the restaurant open.

Edited by BirdTravels

Other than the TA, all of the Escape cruises have been short. I was on the 3-day last week. And all 4500 passengers had the desire to eat there during one of the three times it was open. Logistically it doesn't work.

Now that the ship is on a regular 7 day cycle, NCL can start to work out what is the best combination of opening times and staffing. The space is configured like the Uptown Grill and Flamingo Grill with the outside kitchen really set up to heat buffet food. And outside of putting tables in the running track, there is not much more space for additional seating.

We will see. I smell a fee coming. If it is too busy any they can't meet demand and are giving away more food than anticipate there will be a fee.

This venue is likely busier than its counterparts on other ships because if the branding tie in. But they spent a long time using that brand tie in, and that it was complimentary, as a booking feature. My PCC wouldn't shut up about Margaritaville when I booked.

So we will see what the status is after a few regular cruise .

So far there is no charge so I have to assume you made this all up because you wanted to up your post count...

6&8

talk about personal attack: I can't believe you actually posted something like this or would accuse someone of making something up. Last week someone posted here, it was it was going to go into effect and that is what I was referring to. I did not mean to imply it there was a charge at this time. Holy Cow!!!! There is one thing to correct someone, it quite another to accuse someone of making stories up!!!!! Why would anyone care about their post count?

I was not aware it was ever charged thus far... I just spoke to NCL directly (a few minutes ago) regarding something else with our reservation for next week and they said the venue is still completely complimentary!! :confused:

Thanks for the update. I think I mispoke, due to a comment a few days ago about the $4.95. I was under the impression it was put in place this past week. Our TA was in a chat with Andy, and the someone asked the question. As I mentioned the answer was they would monitor and see if it will be necessary to add a charge based on crowds.

We will see. I smell a fee coming. If it is too busy any they can't meet demand and are giving away more food than anticipate there will be a fee.

This venue is likely busier than its counterparts on other ships because if the branding tie in. But they spent a long time using that brand tie in, and that it was complimentary, as a booking feature. My PCC wouldn't shut up about Margaritaville when I booked.

So we will see what the status is after a few regular cruise .

So rather than stirring the pot, let's stick with facts. It is a complimentary restaurant. It does not take reservations. The menu and food standards is driven by the brand (so they aren't going to grab a bunch of burgers from the buffet and serve them). On the cruise last week, they opened 6 hours a day. The out door seating is subject to weather constraints.