Disembarkation: specific questions for Labadee, Cozumel and Grand Cayman

batt01

Can someone describe to me disembarkation procedures for these three ports? We are not in a suite.

Labadee: Does everyone depart at their leisure or is it staggered? If so, what is the priority based on? If you have a cabana paid for do you get priority disembarkation?

Cozumel: I assume that if you have a RCI excursion you do get priority disembarkation here. Right? What if you are in a party of 5 and 2 have an excursion and 3 dont. Can everyone depart together?

Grand Cayman: I understand this is a tender port. If you do not have an RCI excursion booked here, when do you get your tender number? The last cruise I took (20 years ago) tender tickets were handed out the day before and you had to stand in line for them.

Thanks for any advice.....I am in charge of three people with varying special needs so specific advice is very helpful for necessary detailed planning.

for docked ports when they are released to do so by the local authorities, everyone is cleared to get off at once . no one gets first dibs or the chance to get off before the crush of everyone else.

for tender ports, priority goes to Suites Pinnacle and Royal excursions

for both waiting about 30 minutes usually eliminates long lines and the crush of humanity.

Can someone describe to me disembarkation procedures for these three ports? We are not in a suite.

Labadee: Does everyone depart at their leisure or is it staggered? If so, what is the priority based on? If you have a cabana paid for do you get priority disembarkation?

Cozumel: I assume that if you have a RCI excursion you do get priority disembarkation here. Right? What if you are in a party of 5 and 2 have an excursion and 3 dont. Can everyone depart together?

Grand Cayman: I understand this is a tender port. If you do not have an RCI excursion booked here, when do you get your tender number? The last cruise I took (20 years ago) tender tickets were handed out the day before and you had to stand in line for them.

Thanks for any advice.....I am in charge of three people with varying special needs so specific advice is very helpful for necessary detailed planning.

Have you contacted the special needs department yet? I would ask them a lot of the questions you have asked about special needs to see if any accommodations are made for your group.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/allaboutcruising/accessibleseas/home.do

GC is the only tendered port...the rest...simply walk off when you're ready! At GC, early ship's excursions will be on the 1st tender. after that...it's 1st come, 1st served...get in line. doesn't take long! You are concerned about nothing. Ship's excursions will be exiting as a group...so those without the excursion will not be in the group..get in line with the non-excursion folks.

Edited by cb at sea

When we docked in Cozumel and had a ship excursion, we gathered before the ship was cleared to go ashore and permitted to 'skip' ahead on the line, in effect getting priority. Our excursion was to ruins on the mainland so every minute counted.