How late can we disembark?

W and W

Next year on our Harmony Med trip, we disembark at Civitavecchia, but as we're staying in Rome for the day / night, we don't need to get off the ship early and we'd like to have a leisurely breakfast. Does anyone know what's the latest we'd be able to disembark. Need to know in advance so we can book the transfer back into town.

Thanks

W :)

Most places to get breakfast will close by I believe it is 8:30 so there really is not a leisurely place to eat that morning. They will also want you out of the cabins shortly after that to start getting them ready for the next sailing.

Next year on our Harmony Med trip, we disembark at Civitavecchia, but as we're staying in Rome for the day / night, we don't need to get off the ship early and we'd like to have a leisurely breakfast. Does anyone know what's the latest we'd be able to disembark. Need to know in advance so we can book the transfer back into town.

Thanks

W :)

Actually, on some European cruises, Royal offered an extra cost program whereby you could stay on the ship until after lunch. I forget what this was called, but it's worth calling Royal and asking if it is still available.

When its over, its over! Thousands of people are excited to get aboard and start their cruise. Please don't hold them up.

Of course we wouldn't want to overstay our welcome, but also wouldn't want to be dashing about when we don't need to . Perfectly happy to get off between 8 and 9 if that's what it is. May check on the "pay to stay longer" option and see what the offer is.

Thanks for the replies folks.

W

Of course not knowing your plans, but if you are staying the night in Rome, are you in the City or at the airport? If you are going to the city, why not plan to get off about 8 or 9 and be in the city for a nice lunch and some sightseeing? Rome is such a fantastic city. Another thought, if you are only headed to the airport, why not look at staying at one of the coastal towns for the night like Ostia? They are fairly close to the airport and also offer a place to wander and enjoy. That way you wouldn't have to hang around on a ship that's trying to prepare for a whole new cruise.

Because Rome is not the main debarkation point (Barcelona is) you may be able to stay on longer as those that have embarked in Barcelona are on a regular port day and some may stay on board. If anyone else who has been on a cruise that "inter-ports" may be able to confirm what happens.

We tried being the last ones off one time, we sat by the pool, relaxing, and they called us by name (and a few others) and asked us to please proceed to the exit to disembark. It was around 9:30 am. It was so nice to walk off without a hassle and finding our luggage couldn't have been easier, as there were only a few pieces left in that huge luggage area.

We tried being the last ones off one time, we sat by the pool, relaxing, and they called us by name (and a few others) and asked us to please proceed to the exit to disembark. It was around 9:30 am. It was so nice to walk off without a hassle and finding our luggage couldn't have been easier, as there were only a few pieces left in that huge luggage area.

I used to feel that way too, until someone took our luggage by mistake. Now we get off with the earliest luggage tag numbers.

I used to feel that way too, until someone took our luggage by mistake. Now we get off with the earliest luggage tag numbers.

The only time we ever lost a piece of luggage was when my husband and daughter were very nearly the first people off the ship rushing to a very early flight (my parents and I were heading elsewhere for a few days and got off much later) and he couldn't couldn't find one of his pieces of luggage. He called me to say to look for it when we got off the ship because he was rushing to the airport.

When we got off we looked and looked. A couple of cruise line people helped. I filed the claim and headed off with my parents to Bradenton. At about 3 am that night I got a phone call from a Greyhound bus driver in Mississippi.....she just off-loaded her busload of people who she picked up in Ft. Lauderdale at around 8 am, and found my piece of luggage left over. How our piece of luggage got put on that bus is anyone's guess!

My cell phone number was on the luggage tag...so it was easy for her to contact me. She shipped our very large rolling duffle bag to us by Greyhound....it arrived about a week later, intact and in good condition. BTW the cruise line never called or followed up with us, which made me a little upset.