Bubba Mugs On Cruise Ships

cafelovercanada

I typically travel with a Tervis cup and a Brita filtered water bottle. When using beverages that are "public access" (e.g. water fountains, coffee from the buffet, etc...) I fill a Princess cup, then dump that cup into my bottle. This way I prevent any contamination.

I am not sure if the bartender can fill your mug, but you may be able to get two bevvies and dump it in yourself.

Has anyone used a bubba mug while on a Princess Cruise? We have recently started using them at All Inclusives - save lining up multiple times and keeps your beach drink cool!

Just wondering if we could fill up our Bubba in the morning with coffee from the buffet?

they look the same as the travel mugs we use, I would go to the buffet at 6am, fill them with hot water grab a danish and take back to the cabin where we have coffee sachets and have a snack on the balcony before we go to breakfast

On another cruise line, guests are specifically asked to NOT fill any re-usable cups or mugs from the beverage station, but instead to take a new cruise line cup, fill it from the dispenser, and pour that into any container they might choose. We are welcome to as much beverage as we wish, but are asked to avoid any contamination of the dispenser. Makes sense to me.

I don't know why Princess would have a problem with use of the container unless they have a rule about giving you two drinks at the same time with one card.

We always take along our 20 oz plastic cups and Princess fills it with soft drinks without question at all the bars. Water dispensers in the HC are available for any cruiser at any time. I don't know however they would react to a 54 oz mug and I would be curious how one keeps the drink cold in the Caribbean before it can all be consumed.

We have been on RCCL ships and they will not fill a private container of any kind and will not allow pax access to the water dispensers in the WJ (buffet) - voice of experience here. In the buffet they gave me a glass of water but only after I sat down at a table and after getting verbally corrected for daring to get my own. :rolleyes:

With the soda card I had to go to the bar and they gave me a glass of soda pop which I then poured into my container. They did give me a second glass though so I could fill up the container. They used a clean glass both times. I solved the problem and switched to Princess!

Edited by satxdiver

I don't know why Princess would have a problem with use of the container unless they have a rule about giving you two drinks at the same time with one card.

It is the same reason that a bartender is supposed to use a new glass every time you ask for a new glass of beer. They don't want the used mug to touch the spout. You can fill as many cups of coffee that you like and transfer them one at a time to your mug. Better yet if you want a large amount of coffee in your cabin just order a pitcher from room service, no charge.

It is the same reason that a bartender is supposed to use a new glass every time you ask for a new glass of beer. They don't want the used mug to touch the spout. You can fill as many cups of coffee that you like and transfer them one at a time to your mug. Better yet if you want a large amount of coffee in your cabin just order a pitcher from room service, no charge.

It never dawned on me about the contamination aspect of this .... Hmmm will have to watch out for this on our next carribean vacation. But for our upcoming cruise, I was thinking more along the lines of enjoying hot coffee on our balcony while enjoying the scenery. Ordering a pot from room service will do the trick! Thanks! Now how to get hot chocolate in them to enjoy in he afternoon/evening while we cruise the coast of Alaska. I see that we may have to purchase cups of HC and transfer to our mugs ....

Oh no, don't tell me that the Princess coffee is not good! Is this their way of forcing us to purchase coffee cards?

I have heard that the coffee has improved on the new ships Regal and Royal. They may actually use coffee grounds to make it. On the other ships it's made from a syrup concentrate that tastes like bad instant coffee. You may want to get one of these mugs and bring some coffee from home.

I only drink regular coffee and would purchase the coffee card for unlimited regular coffee but the IC where they serve the coffee is too far from the buffet.

https://www.liquidplanet.com/product/double-shot-travel-french-press-mug/

I have heard that the coffee has improved on the new ships Regal and Royal. They may actually use coffee grounds to make it. On the other ships it's made from a syrup concentrate that tastes like bad instant coffee. You may want to get one of these mugs and bring some coffee from home.

I only drink regular coffee and would purchase the coffee card for unlimited regular coffee but the IC where they serve the coffee is too far from the buffet.

On the Regal & Royal you are correct the coffee is brewed by the cup from grounds. On these ships you can also get espresso drinks and brewed coffee in the buffet area at the Pastry Shop.

I understand the issue of the mug touching the spout, which was obvious from the first paragraph of my post which you chose to not quote-- I was thinking of soft drinks where they must hand you a glass. My question was whether they would be willing to give you two or three glasses all at the same time to fill the container or whether you would be required to return in a few minutes for a new glass. I'm not a coffee drinker, so didn't know that guests were allowed to get their own coffee.

To the poster who asked about coffee quality and wanting something warm to drink--if you happen to have a soda and more sticker, that includes premium hot chocolate (the good stuff, not a packet of instant and a cup of water).

Edited by moki'smommy

Just wondering if there is complimentary coffee and tea on the Coral Princess or do we have to pay extra? Even though the coffee is lousy, it will be nice to drink something warm as we sail by the glaciers in Alaska!

Yes, the lousy coffee and tea are complimentary. That is exactly what we did in Alaska - I brought travel mugs from home that we filled with warm beverages to drink in Glacier Bay!