5 SHIP SPECTACULAR tips & photos HERE!

An Australian HAL cruiser has posted on the HAL Board that she has a friend on the Pacific Eden who claims that P&O charge $9.50 each way to the islands for their tenders.

I have never seen it mentioned anywhere, has anyone heard of this or is it something they are trialling on the refurbed ships or is it the usual 'my friends, best friend's cousin's brother in law says" and as a result is incorrect info.

I know P&O have competitive rates, and quite a few things I am used to being inclusive are extra as a result - but this one would surprise me if it was true.

I dont think that sounds right.

It could a landing fee charged by the Islanders and the ship is just applying it to those who go ashore....but again I have never heard of that. Any "port fees" are paid as an extra to the booking price and are collected when you pay for the cruise.

If an Island was going to charge for landing, the only one I can think of is Hamilton Island as it is private .

Heres the link to the thread.....

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2285290

I cant believe it....

Edited by Kiwi Kruzer

I thought it was odd, especially as this Poster claims that this happened on the inaugural voyage and the charges were for the Pacific Islands - that is wrong in the first place.

I do dislike here-say, my motto is to be sure of your facts before posting a comment, especially if it is negative and only second, if not third, hand.

MicCanberra has been more realistic than the reviewers I have read so far. Inaugural (aka Shakedown Cruises) are risky business. Before you get too worried read the May 2015 CC blog post on Shakedown Cruises.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/blog/index.php/2015/05/01/we-try-it-sailing-on-a-shakedown/?isalt=0&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+CC%2FTheLidoDeck+%28The+Lido+Deck+-+Cruise+Critic+Blog%29

Our Aria cruise is in May 2016 and I am not rushing to cancel.

Thanks, I am sure that the Aria will be going strong within the month.:D

An Australian HAL cruiser has posted on the HAL Board that she has a friend on the Pacific Eden who claims that P&O charge $9.50 each way to the islands for their tenders.

I have never seen it mentioned anywhere, has anyone heard of this or is it something they are trialling on the refurbed ships or is it the usual 'my friends, best friend's cousin's brother in law says" and as a result is incorrect info.

I know P&O have competitive rates, and quite a few things I am used to being inclusive are extra as a result - but this one would surprise me if it was true.

I dont think that sounds right.

It could a landing fee charged by the Islanders and the ship is just applying it to those who go ashore....but again I have never heard of that. Any "port fees" are paid as an extra to the booking price and are collected when you pay for the cruise.

If an Island was going to charge for landing, the only one I can think of is Hamilton Island as it is private .

Heres the link to the thread.....

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2285290

I cant believe it....

I suspect that they are confused and may actually be referring to the Captain Cook ferry service that goes between White bay and Circular Quay for the cruise passengers. The Eden finished it's inaugural cruise at White Bay, and the ferry service was supposed to be up and running (even though it didn't start until the 27th).

Edited by MicCanberra

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to post a selection of my (well, just phone...) pics from our day on the harbour and Pacific Aria.

(I haven't been able to log in until today since Nov 25, getting a "database error" mesage from cruise critic).

I wanted to avoid including my onboard pics similar to that you'd see of, say, public rooms in the brochure but there's a few of interest to me:

Loved being able to see the wake from promenade deck level and the lido pool area for just chillin', day or night. I spent I nice hour late on the sea day afternoon surveying 270deg of the ocean from a stool at the illuminated bar in the Dome :).

IMAG0802_zps49otjsq1.jpg

IMAG0803_zpssnvqeytc.jpg