Breakfast in Chops for Diamond Plus Independence of the Seas

STANMELB

But there is a "Diamond Plus and above" line for the dining room breakfast, which seats you in a separate area and seems to be somewhat better service, all be it subjective for "improved service".

I believe that's a Diamond and above section, and the only difference between that section and the rest of the MDR is free specialty coffee.

Is breakfast and lunch in Chops free for suite guests on the Independence? Is it open for lunch on embarkation day?

On our last cruise on Indy, Chops was closed on embarkation day at lunch time. Breakfast and lunch thereafter in Chops is complimentary for Gold Card holders.

On our last cruise on Indy, Chops was closed on embarkation day at lunch time. Breakfast and lunch thereafter in Chops is complimentary for Gold Card holders.

Was the lunch in Chops made to order, or was it just overflow seating for Windjammer?

On Embarkation day on Liberty, with the gold card, We were able take our tray from the WJ and eat it in Chops. The waiter supplied water and drinks, if ordered. Usually, there are only 2 or 3 tables occuppied

But, I learned something new. I had no clue that Chops was open for suite guests for breakfast and lunch for free! Will take advantage of that in December on the Indy. (thanks to CC)

I believe that's a Diamond and above section, and the only difference between that section and the rest of the MDR is free specialty coffee.

It may vary by ship. On Brilliance last year the MDR was D+ and above. Independence was D earlier this year, from my experience. :eek:

It's that consistency Royal is aiming for :p

• 3 months later...

In 2013, I was in a GS on IOS and breakfast was made to order, but I was unaware about lunch. I'll be sailing on IOS in the future and wanted to know if the lunch was made to order or just overflow seating for the Windjammer? Thanks!

I think it varies from ship-to-ship about lunch. We were on the Liberty in October 2015 and it seems like on sea days Chops was actually open to the public for lunch and so they didn't offer the Suites lunch on sea days. The b'fast is very nice though. I really enjoyed that perk. I also believe that, as someone pointed out above, D and D+ [non-suite] guests can take their Windjammer b'fast and lunch into Giovanni's to sit which helps with not having to fight for a table in the WJ.

At least on the Liberty, the Chops b'fast was limited to gold card holders.

Have Diamond Plus been kicked out of specialty restaurant seating near the windjammer?

We'll be on the Independence next month. I knew about breakfast in Chops, but didn't know about lunch. Is this just bringing your food from the WJ into the Chops space, or is there a Chops luncheon menu that suite passengers order from?

We'll be on the Independence next month. I knew about breakfast in Chops, but didn't know about lunch. Is this just bringing your food from the WJ into the Chops space, or is there a Chops luncheon menu that suite passengers order from?

Was on Indy last month Chops at breakfast and lunch was for gold card holders only. Breakfast made to order and was lovely , lunch you had to get from Windjammer, the waiter brought your drinks.

Gold Card: Grand Suites and above and Pinnacle, ONLY.

It's the RCI mantra lately: What have you paid for lately? C&A status does not mean as much as your current diamond or what ever...The rewards are for current passengers paid for premium cabin prices and status.

Was on Indy last month Chops at breakfast and lunch was for gold card holders only. Breakfast made to order and was lovely , lunch you had to get from Windjammer, the waiter brought your drinks.

Thanks! We are in a GS, so will look forward to this [emoji4]