Gut and Mrs Gut's adventure

GUT2407

ROFL....love the bacon one

People are well lets just use this face :rolleyes: and leave it at that.

Sheesh they're on holidays cant they be happy :p

A few times I sad some of them would grumble if they won lotto.

Had the same complaint about eggs after all there were only fried, scrambled (a few varieties, plain, cheese ham, tomato etc) boiled, poached (with a wait) and omelets made to order and delivered to your table, together with egg and bacon muffin and twice eggs bennedict (wish they'd had eggs benny more often)

Had the same complaint about eggs after all there were only fried, scrambled (a few varieties, plain, cheese ham, tomato etc) boiled, poached (with a wait) and omelets made to order and delivered to your table, together with egg and bacon muffin and twice eggs bennedict (wish they'd had eggs benny more often)

On a cruise a little while ago we would sometimes have breakfast in the MDR and sometimes in the buffet depending on our plans for the day. I missed the eggs benedict. When we were in the MDR the eggs benedict were probably available in the buffet and vice versa. On the last morning, as I was given the menu I sighed and said "I was hoping for eggs benedict." The waiter asked if I would like eggs benedict. Is the Pope a ........ ? (don't want to offend anyone).

On cruises after that, every time I have breakfast in the MDR I smile nicely and say I would love eggs benedict if that is at all possible. If it isn't I will order something else. (smile again). Every time, the eggs benedict arrive at the table and I thank the waiter profusely.:)

Loving the review Gut.

BTW, if they start pushing the ice cream in the MDR start to worry.:p

No when they start pushing ice cream gut smiles and Mrs Gut worries if Gut's clothes will fit for much longer, must say the vanilla in the MDR was mucho creamy and much to Gut's liking.

Enjoyed your little complaint and response section. Who said you had no logic.:D

Not logic Mic, the family says I'm real good at nutting out problems.

Well I assume that's what they mean when they say I'm a nutter.

On a cruise a little while ago we would sometimes have breakfast in the MDR and sometimes in the buffet depending on our plans for the day. I missed the eggs benedict. When we were in the MDR the eggs benedict were probably available in the buffet and vice versa. On the last morning, as I was given the menu I sighed and said "I was hoping for eggs benedict." The waiter asked if I would like eggs benedict. Is the Pope a ........ ? (don't want to offend anyone).

On cruises after that, every time I have breakfast in the MDR I smile nicely and say I would love eggs benedict if that is at all possible. If it isn't I will order something else. (smile again). Every time, the eggs benedict arrive at the table and I thank the waiter profusely.:)

The couple of times I got them they weren't great to be honest (they seem to have an issue with over cooking the eggs and were a bit stingy on the hollendaise.

The couple of times I got them they weren't great to be honest (they seem to have an issue with over cooking the eggs and were a bit stingy on the hollendaise.

The only really bad eggs benedict I had were those in the buffet. :(They were sitting on a hot plate for too long and the muffin was set like concrete. I think if I tried to eat it I would have broken my teeth. The problem was they had a whole tray of EB and they sat there for too long. The last time I tried them in the buffet a couple of people passing my table commented that I was optimistic. They had tried them, but they were too hard. I haven't had any complaint about the EB in the dining room.

Thanks for the great review. I laughed at your complaints section, yes some people complain about little things [emoji3]. And I love your tip about asking for Eggs Benedict, I love Eggs Benedict and I would quite happily have it most days.

1. They made me get off

2. The disembarkation questionnaire was handed out about a week before the end of he cruise, as if they were trying to rub in that it was coming to an end.

We also thought the disembarkation form was sent out a bit early. We put it away for a few days as we didn't want to think about getting off!

The worst behavour we saw was in the Horizon one lunch time when a woman called out the chef and loudly berated him for putting too much pepper in the mashed potatoes - unbelievable, we were gobsmacked that she would do that.

It was totally uncalled for. the staff were terrific.

We heard very few major complaints, the main one was about the stuff up in the tender process in Port Douglas, which was entirely justified. However it ran smoothly after that.

BTW, we thought the 3 Curtis Stone items on the menu were a bit ordinary - the pork belly was like shoe leather the day we tried it. We also noticed the repeated menus towards the end, perhaps they were running low on supplies?

Really enjoying the review.

We also thought the disembarkation form was sent out a bit early. We put it away for a few days as we didn't want to think about getting off!

The worst behavour we saw was in the Horizon one lunch time when a woman called out the chef and loudly berated him for putting too much pepper in the mashed potatoes - unbelievable, we were gobsmacked that she would do that.

It was totally uncalled for. the staff were terrific.

We heard very few major complaints, the main one was about the stuff up in the tender process in Port Douglas, which was entirely justified. However it ran smoothly after that.

BTW, we thought the 3 Curtis Stone items on the menu were a bit ordinary - the pork belly was like shoe leather the day we tried it. We also noticed the repeated menus towards the end, perhaps they were running low on supplies?

Really enjoying the review.

I think I may have seen the mashed potato lady from a distance, pure madness the way some would abuse staff over nothing.

Port Douglas was a real .... Up but I'll cover the Ports later on. W were lucky we scraped as we left, it was those after us tht had it bad.

The three Curtis stone were pretty lame, I had the chicken pot pie a couple of times (first time it was almost empty, but then so was the Steak and Kiney Pie at Pub Lunch), and the occo busso could have been almost any meat, but I am prepared to give 'em a break for teething.

Please feel free to jump in with anything you think I've missed, or got wrong.

I have gone off Eggs benedict and prefer to just get some poached or fried eggs now, they seem to come out better and hotter.:D

Poached had a 15 min wait in the MDR.

I love Eggs Benedict when it's done right.

Thanks for the great review. I laughed at your complaints section, yes some people complain about little things [emoji3]. And I love your tip about asking for Eggs Benedict, I love Eggs Benedict and I would quite happily have it most days.

It actually wasn't my tip, but there's not much you can ask for that the crew won't bend over backwards to provide, not just in terms of food.

I too could eat Benny every day if it's one right, it just wasn't done well in the Buffet and a longish wait for it in the MDR.

Really enjoying your review :)

A sense of humour I can absolutely relate to :D

By the way, you were in 'my' cabin on the Diamond - great location :)

Yep a fantastic cabin, I'd have it again if I was on Diamond.

But it is pretty much the location I look for on any ship.

Mid ship... Mid deck (though they rate it mid aft).

Poached had a 15 min wait in the MDR.

I love Eggs Benedict when it's done right.

In the menu it says there is a 15 minute wait for eggs cooked in certain styles. I have found that by the time we have a plate of fruit, my Eggs Benedict and anyone else's poached eggs all come with the other orders. :)