Gut and Mrs Gut's adventure

GUT2407

A day at sea and then Melbourne.

Simple day here met up with son and daughter in law.

Women went shopping men went to James Bond Spectre at one of them fancy cinemas with reclining chars and service, pretty nice really.

Then took the kids out to lunch, bought the above mentioned pen:D checked out a few camera stores and then time to head pack to Station Pier.

Nice day out with family.:D

Indeed and Mr Gut could have saved considerable coinage by purloining the cruise line PEN from his cabin and presenting it to his newly qualified daughter, it would look very nice at the Bar Table in ye olde Supreme Court..

Holy Moly, this review is bigger than Ben Hur and the Bible combined, it is nearly 2016 Mr Gut.

I have even forgotten the name of the ship he was on, so long ago, was it RMS Titanic?

Edited by NSWP

Indeed and Mr Gut could have saved considerable coinage by purloining the cruise line PEN from his cabin and presenting it to his newly qualified daughter, it would like nice at the Bar Table in ye olde Supreme Court..

Holy Moly, this review is bigger than Ben Hur and the Bible combined, it is nearly 2016 Mr Gut.

I have even forgotten the name of the ship he was on, so long ago, was it RMS Titanic?

The aim is to finish by Christmas, if people didn't keep wanting me to work.

There wasn't a pen (a bit disappointed really)

t was something or another Ark I think.

A few days crossing the Tasman, smooth sailing really. On the way across we got word about the attacks in Paris, shocking, Seems Gut and Mrs Gut not only bring Rain but terror attacks, last cruise started the day of the Martin Place siege.

The sounds were brilliant If I can ever get photos to post I might bore you silly with some. The only real issue was that I thought I would loose some fingers from frost bite,

The Captain said he'd do as many as he could, ended up with 5 apparently, but sometimes it was hard to work out where one ended and the other started.

Or more accurately Port Chalmers.

Lovely Port, but cold enough to deal with Monkeys (if you know what I mean. 40 just over a week ago 4 today, good job we took clothes we could layer.

We walked into town planning to catch the public bus after having a look around, turned out we did it a bit different, a tour bus pulled up and said that we could go into Dunedin with them for $5 (shuttle was $15 I think). Spend time looking around Dunedin, could believe how many crew were buying chocolate (the head waiter explained that night that in The Philippines chocolate is so expensive it is a luxury) the funny thing was we needed a few things at the Supermarket and noticed that some of the stuff in the Factory Outlet was cheaper at Countdown (Woolies).

Mrs Gut dd buy herself a new cardy, similar to one she bought about 20 years ago in Tassie.

Then after catching the bus back to Port we had a look around Port Chalmers then back to Port to take advantage of the free wi-fi to check on some work emails.

• 2 months later...
We seemed to have few.

There is no variety in the food.

Well I wonder what they eat at home. At the time I heard this complain we at about day 7 and other than the standards I had yet o see one dish repeated. Now by day 33 I did find some dishes had repeated a bit more often than I would have liked.

There is no bacon.

While standing near American Bacon, English Bacon, Canadian Bacon, something simply labeled ad "Bacon", grilled ham and just cold smoked ham, not sure what they wanted that wasn't there.

Too many Sea days

Well just read your itinerary.

Too many tender Ports

Ditto

It is too cold.

And that's Princess' fault

It is too hot.

The Captain should perhaps have turned the sun don a touch in Darwin.

I had to wait to be seated in the restaurant. (yep all of about 2 minutes).

We arrived right behind her, she was shouting at everyone about it, the longest line we had at the dining room was about 10 people before us, and maybe a five minute wait till being shown to our table.

Why didn't we visit (insert almost any port name here).

Again have a look a the itinerary before you book, it helps no end.

I had to wait to get a drink.

Well not sure where they were, but every bartender knew they weren't getting any sales out of me, I had a soda pack, I certainly didn't pre-tip for exceptional service, and after about day 3 they would be getting my diet coke before I asked, sure I did say please and thank you and even had a chat with them when things were quiet.

The sea is rough.

Rotten* captain should have turned down the waves

It's raining too much.

Yep, but then the Gur's are on holidays so of course it rained.

Wellington was too windy.

What a shock, cold and Windy in Wellington! Who'd a thunk it?

We missed Akaroa.

If the Captain don't want to stay nor do I, winds were registering upto force 12, near hurricane, the Captain said the anchor wouldn't hold, I say let's get out of here.

Twice we had staff almost break out in tears simply because we were nice to them after they had been abused over things that were out of their control and one Port staff at Fremantle (not a Princess staffer but a terminal employee) did actually cry after we thanked them for the work they put in, as it turned out that they had got nothing but abuse for the last few hours. Indeed she gave us her contact details if we ever visit again as she would like to show us around.

I really was shocked at how rude some passengers were to various staff members.

At one tender Port a security guard wanted to take us to the head of the line, merely because we spoke nicely to him (some passengers were loudly berating him because they had been waiting 10 minutes for a tender and I said "they'd probably whine if they won lotto because they had to manage the money". *I can't imagine the riot that would have ensued had we taken up the offer.

Brilliant mr gut haha and so very true,sad,sad people there are

Brilliant mr gut haha and so very true,sad,sad people there are

Mrs and mrs, it was enough to make us cry at times it was so sad. But we actually turned it into a bit of a joke, even now Mrs Gut and I will say to each other, "I have have to spend another month on this ship.....".