Gut and Mrs Gut's adventure

GUT2407

When I cruise I don't want connection, but sometimes you need it.

Fortunately Princess kick in with 509 minutes on a cruise this long, I had one minute left when the cruise ended.

I rationed it pretty tightly.

I knew I had access in all Australian Ports (7 days), so that gave me about 20 mins a day.

However two warning.

1. I suspect everyone knows it is s.....l......o........w.

2. You click logout after 7 mins 56 secs (so that should be 8 minutes no) but by the time it has processed your log out you are into the next minute and it deducts 9 minutes, now I didn't pay close attention, but once I logged out atv10:34 and lost 12, so you can easily loose 30 minutes on a cruise this long.

Basically I only used it to check emails (work and kids) and a few posts here on CC, then anything that was going to take longer I used my wifi dongle un Aus Ports or hot spots in other locations (Picton Library was a great one or Wellington CBD).

Normally I wouldn't have bothered about family but our girl had a few important results coming out (as those who read "Gut Bragging" may have noticed) funny the whole ship may have heard about that one, and I had a few work things to keep an eye on.

In the menu it says there is a 15 minute wait for eggs cooked in certain styles. I have found that by the time we have a plate of fruit, my Eggs Benedict and anyone else's poached eggs all come with the other orders. :)

The same experience here.:D

It is a shame that when you leave home for a month or so, the bills still come anyway.:eek:

I tell mrs Gut all the time, "don't pay the phone (electricity, gas etc) bill and after a while they'll stop sending it, pay it and they'll just send another one.

But she just won't listen.

My problem with the 15 minute egg, is that normally that's all I have, not cereal or fruit as well.

But hey if that's my biggest grumble I'm doing well.

After all if I had to stay on this ship ine minute longer I'd go crazy.

I tell mrs Gut all the time, "don't pay the phone (electricity, gas etc) bill and after a while they'll stop sending it, pay it and they'll just send another one.

But she just won't listen.

You'd be the first to complain when your electricity, gas, etc was cut off. :p ;) :D

You'd be the first to complain when your electricity, gas, etc was cut off. :p ;) :D

Yep, but at least the bill's would stop. Though Miss Gut may have been upset about being at home without those things

Talking of ice cream

One night I ordered Baked Alaska and asked for ice cream with it (as you do), silly Tommy (the waiter that night and not our usual waiter) says "You know baked Alaska is Ice Cream" patiently explained that even Ice Cream is better with ice cream on the side, something that I'm sure Ronaldo or Jeremiah (our normal waiters) would have understood without any explanation, don't they learn anything at waiting school.

Forgot to say, we had C501 extended balcony, officially a mid-aft, but on that deck mid consisted of four suits, so really a mid.

A great position and the extended balcony, half under cover half open about 3mx3m was nice.

In all honesty I'm not sure that I'd pay for the extended balcony if I didn't want the location.

Balcony had two nice chairs with foot stools and a small table.

I do miss having a sofa in the cabin, but I think that would be my only complaint on that score.

Gut, your review of your cruise on the Diamond is fantastic. We loved her when we cruised on her late March from Sydney to Singapore. We were in C512 and thought the extended balcony was fabulous. Those mid aft cabins are in a great position, convenient to the lifts and stairs.

Looking forward to reading more of your review.

Leigh

Gut, your review of your cruise on the Diamond is fantastic. We loved her when we cruised on her late March from Sydney to Singapore. We were in C512 and thought the extended balcony was fabulous. Those mid aft cabins are in a great position, convenient to the lifts and stairs.

Looking forward to reading more of your review.

Leigh

Thanks you, I'd have the same cabin again in a heartbeat, though I have an inbuilt preference for Port side.

Lest anyone thinks that the lack of a giggle means Mrs GUT has no sense of humour, she does (after all she married GUT)

But she is a strong woman, GUT can tell her his best joke and she won't even smile not even a little grin, see one strong woman that.

Loving your review, keep it coming 😀

Time's a bit tight at the moment I'm afraid, work, DD's admission before the Supreme Court on Friday (so have to work harder to have the day down the big smoke) DiLs Graduation in about 10 days.

But I'll keep it dribbling through when I can grab time.

Well done Mr and Mrs GUT, for non imbibers of the demon drink you have a great sense of humour.

Thanks Uncle Les, from you a great compliment but I assure you Mrs GUT has no sense of humour at all (I Think it was removed at birth) she barely cracks a smile when I tell her a joke, even if it's one she's heard many times before and thus should know is very funny.

even if it's one she's heard many times before and thus should know is very funny.

Well, duh! Those jokes only deserve a :rolleyes:

Hmmm, I wonder if Mrs GUT is related to me :D Does she have any Kiwi relatives?