Discount Dining Packages Poll

Bigtex1622

On a 7 day Cruise, which would you fo?  

161 members have voted

1. 1. On a 7 day Cruise, which would you fo?

• No, Not for Any price
    • No, I would only fo 1 or 2 nights.
    • No the MDR food is good enough for me
    • No the Windjammer food is good enough for me
    • Yes if it was cheaper, than 40% off
    • Yes, I would try 3 nights
    • Yes, I would try 4 nights
    • Yes, I would try 5 nights

I thought they had a least 3 on the ships.

What ships have more?

Oasis class have more food venues than Sovereign, Vision, Voyager, Freedom, and Radiance classes.

Edited by clarea

We had Coastal Kitchen on Oasis last summer, and now hearing it has arrived to the Allure of the Seas.

Willing to give it another shot...... It might have been just me, but It was nice, but maybe because it was new and they did not have all the kinks out, others on our sailing just loved it.

Now if I recall DD and DH were loving it too.

I have read cruise reviews from the Allure and those who have eaten in Coastal Kitchen have really enjoyed their dining experience.

If so, I know DH wont pay for a specialty pay venue.

And we will book a couple nights here.

Safe traavels.

I wonder if we can go to the same restaurant more than once.

Has anyone done this option yet?

I know on our sailing it is on the website, but can not order it yet.

Yes, you can go to the same restaurant more than once.

We were on the Serenade for thirteen nights during a repo cruise last April and purchased the specialty package with a discount for three nights. We used it during the formal nights as we just do not enjoy the aura of the MDR on those nights. We dined at Chops twice and at Giovanni's once and enjoyed excellent food and service.

That being said, I am not so sure that I would purchase a three night discount on a seven day cruise. One or two meals, maybe.

Can you tell me how to purchase the package. I have an upcoming cruise and booked restaurants but the discount was not applied when checking out? Is there another option to purchase the package???

Edited by torpeedo

We had Coastal Kitchen on Oasis last summer, and now hearing it has arrived to the Allure of the Seas.

Willing to give it another shot...... It might have been just me, but It was nice, but maybe because it was new and they did not have all the kinks out, others on our sailing just loved it.

Now if I recall DD and DH were loving it too.

I have read cruise reviews from the Allure and those who have eaten in Coastal Kitchen have really enjoyed their dining experience.

If so, I know DH wont pay for a specialty pay venue.

And we will book a couple nights here.

Safe traavels.

It's been decent - a step up from the dining room but maybe only a half a step. First night was a little hit or miss, other nights have been better.

Can you tell me how to purchase the package. I have an upcoming cruise and booked restaurants but the discount was not applied when checking out? Is there another option to purchase the package???

I saw this as a dining option, I am not sure you can book the restaurants then have them apply the discounts.

Maybe some one who has actually done this will answer.

I did the dining package for four restaurants on my Allure cruise last month and we enjoyed all the options. I'm going on Allure again in May and we might do less specialty restaurants because we want to try out the MDR, we didn't set foot in it once on our last cruise.

When I did it in November, I got a 30% discount which was applied to my SeaPass as an OBC after I boarded. I was confused too but that's how it works. You pay the regular price up front and then get the OBC once onboard.

We ended up with $750 OBC, and took the 5 day package for $100 per person. Then had 1 more night in Giovannis for another $25 per person. And a Mexican lunch (which was not good) for $15 per person.

The OBCs were the reason we splurged. I doubt if we would have done it otherwise. But the meals were superior to those in the MDR as was the service. The specialty restaurants are small and far less noisy than the MDR. For someone like me, with a hearing problem, quiet is a much more pleasant way to dine.

I would like to know too. I've booked Allure for March and don't see a thing about his discount package.

We did the ultimate dining package when we were on Freedom in September and did not step into the MDR the whole cruise. We absolutely loved it. :D

On that cruise, we were cruising alone. If we were with friends or family, we would only choose 1-3 nights in specialty.

I believe there are two different packages. One book 3 restaurants and get OBC. The other is a flat fee for 3,4, or 5 restaurants. One must be on first or second night which they pick. Then arrange the other nights once on board. I think that is the one the OP posted. I'm waiting to see how this works but may book 4 nights. Someone posted that you get $30 towards al a carte dining. The 4 nights looks like a good deal if I can book Chop's twice and Central Park 150.

I would like to know too. I've booked Allure for March and don't see a thing about his discount package.

I'm on the Freedom tomorrow and I've pre booked 3 specialty rest and will see how this works for pre booking. Or if it's better to book onboard from instant discount vs OBC standpoint. I prefer pre booking so I can book when and where I want!

I'm on the Freedom tomorrow and I've pre booked 3 specialty rest and will see how this works for pre booking. Or if it's better to book onboard from instant discount vs OBC standpoint. I prefer pre booking so I can book when and where I want!

Let us know if you had any trouble getting the times and days you wanted for the speciality restaurants. We bought a 3 day dining package on Oasis and have to wait to get on board to book the times, days, and restaurants we want.

I'm not sure I like that.

I only book after I get on the ship. Otherwise I can't use my OBCs. When I was on the Oasis in October, I was told the package was no longer available. Then when I got on the Vision in November, it was available. Maybe it differs by ship. With RC that often happens.

Also, different staff will give different answers to questions. At least, that has been my experience.