Port Miami 12:00 PM Arrival - Yay or Nay?

MisterFidgetpants

Last time I was there (May of this year) they started boarding around noon. Lines were starting to form up, which wasn't the case when we arrived around 10:45am.

So 10:45AM there were no lines to check in, but boarding started at noon.

If I want to avoid lines either get there early and just hang out to start boarding, or come a bit later than 12 so hopefully the lines have thinned out by then? Sound about correct?

I'd like to avoid the initial check in crush wave of people, was thinking about coming a little bit later at 12:00PM. Is that a good idea or is that peak time for lines? We don't have the new staggered check in times

12 would be the worst time to come. Either 10:30 or after 1:30. I pay for day 1 so I get to port early.

12 would be the worst time to come. Either 10:30 or after 1:30. I pay for day 1 so I get to port early.

12 is the worst time. At 12 the lines are starting to back up because they just started to board either at 11:30 or 12 and the people with the numbers are getting called. Anyone coming into the terminal at that point is coming into a mix between people moving onto the ship and those going through the security and check in process. It's a busy time and not enough people have boarded yet to thin the crowds out.

If you are looking for a later time to come, maybe 2pm?

If you come at 10:45 the crowds and lines are not bad yet, but do be aware that you will have to wait to board the ship. Generally arriving that early, however, you will find a place to sit, so if you don't mind waiting that's your choice.

12p is massive lines. I don't get the posters who claim arriving at 10:30a has no "waiting" in line- BUT you are WAITING, so who cares about any "line" at that time?

If you want less WAIT, I've found around 1:30/2p.

I only spoke from personal experience. I live 45mins from the port. I'd rather be checked in and waiting to board then showing up and waiting in a potential line while boarding is ongoing.

We arrive at 2:00-2:30pm. ZERO lines, straight to the counter, board the ship with no wait, and straight to the stateroom since it will be ready. Also, the lines at the buffet will have died down as well.

Some people like to get there early, get a number, sit and wait, then board, only to haul carry-ons around since rooms are not ready until 1pm. And they wouldn't do it any other way. But for me, that sounds like an absolute nightmare and a terrible way to start my vacation.

Edited by Tapi

We arrive at 2:00-2:30pm. ZERO lines, straight to the counter, board the ship with no wait, and straight to the stateroom since it will be ready. Also, the lines at the buffet will have died down as well.

Some people like to get there early, get a number, sit and wait, then board, only to haul carry-ons around since rooms are not ready until 1pm. And they wouldn't do it any other way. But for me, that sounds like an absolute nightmare and a terrible way to start my vacation.

I agree 1000%. Others go at it their way, we go at it ours. Two less hours on board is cheap in comparison to the ease and stress-free saunter on to the ship with avoiding the two things everyone dreads: long lines and long wait.

What time does boarding start? I know boarding usually ends around 230 or 3pm.

I don't need to absolutely be there first; but if there is a good time that is a balance I am okay with that. Not sure about coming later as I've seen problems occur then too and I'd feel more stressed out if delays happened at 2pm for some reason.

What time does boarding start? I know boarding usually ends around 230 or 3pm.

I don't need to absolutely be there first; but if there is a good time that is a balance I am okay with that. Not sure about coming later as I've seen problems occur then too and I'd feel more stressed out if delays happened at 2pm for some reason.

What problems occur "later"??? Delays? Pertaining to what?

People are lining up to board when I am getting off the ship- before 9a. :) So there isn't going to be any time, before 1p when there isn't going to be a WAIT. (I don't care about the "lines"- it's TIME that is the bottom line, where there is any "line" or not. :)

What problems occur "later"??? Delays? Pertaining to what?

People are lining up to board when I am getting off the ship- before 9a. :) So there isn't going to be any time, before 1p when there isn't going to be a WAIT. (I don't care about the "lines"- it's TIME that is the bottom line, where there is any "line" or not. :)

I have been to ports that were major "clusters" early afternoon, but mornings were easy, breezy; so go figure? Who knows why there were delays in the afternoon, but I've seen real messes and if I got to the port at 1PM and it was blocked up I'd be a bit stressed out.

I don't mind a little wait, I don't like being in line for an hour or more though. No one does, that's no fun. I was just asking for people's personal experiences at Port Miami. I guess we will just try to arrive on the earlier side (certainly not 9AM) and hope for the best.

Appreciate everyones input.