Statendam commenorative tile

mtiffany24

Very nice. :) Did you get the little piece of paper inside the box that said who designed it?

I am not the OP, but I did receive the same tile during the final HAL voyage of the Statendam.

There is a paper insert with the tile, but it does not state who designed the tile. Just this statement: "...all Royal Goedewaagen products have been produced by hand in the Netherlands..."

The paper is signed by two Directors of Royal Goedewaagen and the Curator of the Royal Goedewaagen Museum.

Holland America demonstrated for us guests on the Statendam on this cruise that the Company still can produce a truly outstanding cruise experience.

There is a paper insert with the tile, but it does not state who designed the tile. Just this statement: "...all Royal Goedewaagen products have been produced by hand in the Netherlands..."

QUOTE]

They do not usually put the name of the artist on the tile.... unless you have the small Mariner Tiles... with the small certificate and the work is mine. Not all... just the part of the ship itself... not the outside decoration.

Stephen

WOW, what a beautiful tile.

As you know Holland America Line hands out ceramic Delft Blue tiles in various forms and shapes, as part of their Mariner Society Rewards Program. Since there is no accurate administration, it is not exactly known how many different tiles have been produced on behalf of the company. On my website http://www.tonrijppaert.nl you can find an accurate inventory of the HAL tiles. The website is bilingual and shows 320 tiles thus far collected. Every first day of the month the picture on the homepage will be renewed and in the first week of every month I make an update with a further description in the menu News, depending on eventual new acquisitions. Comments, suggestions or report of missing tiles are most welcome.

Yesterday, the ms Rotterdam started a 17 day cruise to the Canary Islands. My wife Frieda and I booked this cruise. With the cooperation of HAL Rotterdam an exhibition was planned to show my entire collection of HAL tiles. Unfortunately we had to cancel the booking, due to family circumstances. There sure will come an other opportunity.

But of course I would like to buy this tile, if anyone of you has a double one.

please contact me through the form on my website.

Happy cruising to all of you,

Regards from a cold but Sunny Rotterdam,

Ton Rijppaert.