MSC Cruises doubles up on Cuba

AVACTION

Many thanks for posting the links. I would love to visit Cuba but I can't fathom MSC's strategy in basing 2 ships there. Surely, airfares to Cuba are prohibitive compared to flying to Florida? Also, although it's easing, US cruisers are not able to fly into Havana in great numbers yet.

Many thanks for posting the links. I would love to visit Cuba but I can't fathom MSC's strategy in basing 2 ships there. Surely, airfares to Cuba are prohibitive compared to flying to Florida? Also, although it's easing, US cruisers are not able to fly into Havana in great numbers yet.

Pretty cheap flights are available from Canada who have been making up a large proportion of visitors. Cheap deals can also be picked up with Iberia via Madrid if you book early.

That Armonia itinerary looks very interesting, especially as a 14 nighter as opposed to a b2b. I'll be keeping an eye on that one! I love the fact that you don't have to go thru' US immigration to get to the Caribbean, too.

That Armonia itinerary looks very interesting, especially as a 14 nighter as opposed to a b2b. I'll be keeping an eye on that one! I love the fact that you don't have to go thru' US immigration to get to the Caribbean, too.

Unless you fly via the US! :)

Looks like another cohort of cruisers that will have their cruises cancelled. First Opera moving from the Canaries to Cuba, then Lirica from the Med to Shanghai and now Armonia from the Canaries to Cuba! Who next?

It certainly makes one wary about booking a cruise with MSC. You book the Baltic and could end up in the Bay of Bengal!!:eek:

Unless you fly via the US! :)

Looks like another cohort of cruisers that will have their cruises cancelled. First Opera moving from the Canaries to Cuba, then Lirica from the Med to Shanghai and now Armonia from the Canaries to Cuba! Who next?

It certainly makes one wary about booking a cruise with MSC. You book the Baltic and could end up in the Bay of Bengal!!:eek:

Yes my best friend lost out on the Lirica moving to China.

It does make you dubious about booking cruises years in advance although mainly it has been the winter itinerary that has been more subject to switching regions after cruises being sold for months on a completely different region. Although the Lirica's summer schedule is impacted.

I'll be fine on my next one, since the Orvhestra has already gone to the Caribbean and they won't be leaving her their indefinitely and I'm due to sail her again in the summer, but am having second thoughts over that one. Leaning more towards a ip to either Greece or Cyprus instead.

Bring back Aeroflot, eh? :D

Absolutely - direct flights from Shannon to Havana! I can live with that and not a bad airline to fly with despite all the jokes!

What is the difference between economy and business class on Aeroflot?

Yes my best friend lost out on the Lirica moving to China.

It does make you dubious about booking cruises years in advance although mainly it has been the winter itinerary that has been more subject to switching regions after cruises being sold for months on a completely different region. Although the Lirica's summer schedule is impacted.

I'll be fine on my next one, since the Orvhestra has already gone to the Caribbean and they won't be leaving her their indefinitely and I'm due to sail her again in the summer, but am having second thoughts over that one. Leaning more towards a ip to either Greece or Cyprus instead.

Rumour from concierge on MSC Opera two weeks ago is that a Musica class ship is going to be based in Southampton with passenger embarkation both in Soton and Dublin. He was no sure of the itinerary but I assume with embarkation in Dublin and Soton, they are most likely to be Round Britain cruises or possibly up to Iceland.

What is the difference between economy and business class on Aeroflot?

This sounds like the setup for a great joke. Back in the 70's (at least on some of the internal flights I took; international flights were always much better) the punchline would have had something to do with our life expectancy or how much the crash would hurt. I once took an internal flight with half my seatbelt missing. I am told things are much better now.