Monday 12-7-15 sale

We booked under the recent 30% off sale, but are eyeing the deal being advertised for Monday - 50% off second person and 25% off third, with free internet and up to $350 OBC. If we decide that's a better deal, how do we go about switching over, or is that even possible? We booked directly with RCI. What's the best way to crunch the numbers to figure out the best deal?

We booked under the recent 30% off sale, but are eyeing the deal being advertised for Monday - 50% off second person and 25% off third, with free internet and up to $350 OBC. If we decide that's a better deal, how do we go about switching over, or is that even possible? We booked directly with RCI. What's the best way to crunch the numbers to figure out the best deal?

Call Royal on Monday and ask them if your stateroom has gone down in price, and if you are entitled to any on board credit.

Try booking your same cruise again in the same category, and look to see what the numbers are. Take into account any OBC provided and the cost of internet or whatever other freebies are included. Then you know which is the better deal.

As for whether you can just reprice your existing booking, that would depend on the rules and/or the helpfulness of the agent when you call. Some sales are for "new bookings only" which would mean you'd have to cancel your existing reservation (and have them send the credit for the deposit back to your credit card company) and then make an entirely new reservation (and pay out another deposit before you got your other money back).

You may also lose your current stateroom during all the switching -- something to keep in mind if a particular room number is of importance to you. Or if there are very few rooms left in that category at the time of the switching around, you may try to rebook under the new deal and find that there is nothing available in that category, so you have to move up a category and end up paying more after all. (Check to see if there are a lot of rooms available in your category before you cancel your existing reservation!)

Do you have a link to the Monday sale? We are in the same "boat" (pun intended) regarding a cabin on Anthem.

Thanks!!!

Bob posted a different sale for cruises that are past final payment. I think this is the one the OP was talking about-- and it's only for oasis class.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Promotions/15047870_72-HourCyberSale_Flyer_HR-2.pdf

Would it be easy to contact royal caribbean tomorrow to change my booking if this sale is in my favour? I questioned the free Internet when I was speaking to a representative a few days ago on the phone and she informed me that it was only valid for sailings between may and september (I sail in october). I had noticed that promotion on the u.s.a site. I'm assuming the promotion starting tomorrow is different?

Would it be easy to contact royal caribbean tomorrow to change my booking if this sale is in my favour? I questioned the free Internet when I was speaking to a representative a few days ago on the phone and she informed me that it was only valid for sailings between may and september (I sail in october). I had noticed that promotion on the u.s.a site. I'm assuming the promotion starting tomorrow is different?

If you are booked under North American rules, and it is before final payment date for your cruise, then you should be able to call Royal and change your booking if the new promo is better for you.

What about if you went with a travel agent? Five families just booked a cruise on independence for 3/2016 can we ask for the sales?

Sure, but you must request the price adjustment from your travel agent.

Question regarding sales like this. Is there any way to get around the 400 dollar cancelation fee we are being told we have to pay to upgrade from a balcony to a junior suite? Been told this by both my travel agent and after calling Royal directly.

I have no issue with cancelation Fees but when you advertise a product I have already purchased cheaper than I paid and also me wanting to upgrade it seems like they are double dipping?

Thanks for any help or insight :)

Is it just me? I'm not seeing this that's in the fine print for the 72 hour sale on any cruise I looked at on Oasis or Allure "Offer also includes 25% savings for 3rd and 4th guests booked in the same stateroom for all eligible sailings." I'm only see the BOGOHO.

Edited by shutterbug63

Question regarding sales like this. Is there any way to get around the 400 dollar cancelation fee we are being told we have to pay to upgrade from a balcony to a junior suite? Been told this by both my travel agent and after calling Royal directly.

I have no issue with cancelation Fees but when you advertise a product I have already purchased cheaper than I paid and also me wanting to upgrade it seems like they are double dipping?

Thanks for any help or insight :)

One method some have used is to book under North American booking rules. I know people from the UK that have US travel agents, and this way they avoid cancel/change fees.

But was the total cost of your cruise the same as it was yesterday? Or does that not matter? My cruise went up $400 last night and it currently stands at $200 more than what I booked last Thursday...

It will be priced at the new rate, so not a good "deal" for you!

But was the total cost of your cruise the same as it was yesterday? Or does that not matter? My cruise went up $400 last night and it currently stands at $200 more than what I booked last Thursday...

My cruise was the exact same price the only difference was $50 OBC. I don't know if it matters but I don't cruise until Oct 2016