Movies on Demand in my state room

Cobra427SC

The Anytime TV is absolutely superb. It is being installed across the fleet, but is currently only on a small number of ships. :)

Do you think it might be added to the Ruby during drydock? I loved it on the Royal.

Unfortunately for those who are interested (me, I couldn't be more indifferent) it appears the promised fleet-wide roll out has come to a screeching halt since the system was added to Diamond more than a year ago. Looks as if it will be confined to Royal, Regal and Diamond until someone reports otherwise.

And actually there is no need to only add the system during a drydock--the adapters for the On Demand remotes can be added to stateroom TVs on a rolling basis, then on launch day all that is needed is to install the new hard drive to the master system and distribute the new remotes as each cabin is turned over.

It is also on the Sapphire Princess. I wish Princess would complete the installation on the other ships:(

Me, too!

I absolutely loved this feature on the Royal. You could pause a movie and come back to it. You could shut the tv off, and your movie would resume when you turned it back on. The movie choices were pretty vast-- and then there are the other features (ship, port information...). Loved it!

It was on the Sapphire as of Feb 2014.

It is also on the Sapphire Princess. I wish Princess would complete the installation on the other ships:(

And the larger flat panel TVs were added during our January 2014 cruise & so was the on demand system you enjoyed without going in for maintenance.

But apparently it's only currently on the Royal & Regal plus the Diamond & Sapphire before being deployed to Asia.

I have never seen this on any Princess cruise ship.....now on the Regal?? Very exciting....cannot wait to hear the responses.

i used it a few times on my cruise.. loved it.. especially when i couldnt sleep

pretty decent selection as well. also all the films from MUTS would be available to view the next day after showing.

edit: films i watched: misstress america (art/indie) into the woods and pitch perfect 2

(disclosure im in my late 30s)

Edited by alternageek

Good to hear this. What types of movies are we talking about?

The newer movies shown on MUTS are available the next day with the on-demand system. Some movies are a couple of months old & may have recently been released on DVD. Others were older however since we rarely go to a movie theater they're "new" to us! ;)

Edited by Astro Flyer

The newer movies shown on MUTS are available the next day with the on-demand system. Some movies are a couple of months old & may have recently been released on DVD. Others were older however since we rarely go to a movie theater they're "new" to us! ;)

Are these FREE or at an additional charge? We have sailed mainly Celebrity and they have both depending on the movie.

Are these FREE or at an additional charge? We have sailed mainly Celebrity and they have both depending on the movie.

They're all still free at this point but I really suspect that in the near future as soon as all the ships are equipped the the new on demand system they'll have some free ones & some of the newer titles for a fee.

It's to lucrative a market to pass up.