Cash account question

h-sar

This may be a silly question, but I'm completely inexperienced with cash accounts, having always used a cc, so please bear with me. If I want to set up my acct as a cash acct, how much money do I need to put down at the beginning of my cruise for my family of 4? Is there a minimum?

Thank you

They let you have up to $500 first up, and then if you haven't paid some on, you are given the nod to go to the desk when you go to spend past that. Had a couple at our dining table have that happen.

We usually put some cash on after a few days when the lines are shorter at the desk. Then a day or two before the end of the cruise we pay cash on to what we expect our balance will likely be, and put a credit card on as well, and any shortfall gets charged to the card, and any small bit extra is credited onto the card.

Seems to be working well for us. Don't line up when you don't need to.

Edited by goodycruising

They let you have up to $500 first up, and then if you haven't paid some on, you are given the nod to go to the desk when you go to spend past that. Had a couple at our dining table have that happen.

We usually put some cash on after a few days when the lines are shorter at the desk. Then a day or two before the end of the cruise we pay cash on to what we expect our balance will likely be, and put a credit card on as well, and any shortfall gets charged to the card, and any small bit extra is credited onto the card.

Seems to be working well for us. Don't line up when you don't need to.

None.

I had a cash account on my cruise on the Navigator last week.

No one asked me to put down a cent.

:)

None.

I had a cash account on my cruise on the Navigator last week.

No one asked me to put down a cent.

:)

This. After Holland America required a deposit, I was expecting to have to pay one on Royal, but like on Disney I did not. I didn't approach the limit that would require me to put money down, so I can't verify what that is.

My plan for my upcoming cruise is to buy some OBC in advance slightly over what I intend to spend (knowing I've got $75 in OBC from booking alone). I like the idea of putting a card on the account a couple of days before demarcation - especially knowing that I won't be purchasing anything at that point beyond what credit I have on the account in order to avoid any snafus on the last day. (On Holland, I went to cash out my account just before bed the final night, and the girl didn't click whatever she was supposed to in order to mark it closed, so I got a big BEEP when I tried to debark with my post-cruise excursion and had to run back to guest services to have them do what they should have done in the first place.

Don't have to put a thing down.

I believe that is somewhere around owing $300 to RCI on your account that they want payment or may shut down your seapass card to make you visit Guest services.

And make sure the night before you have it all paid up and closed out or yes trying to get off the next day wont be fun.

If your worried about having a few charges the last nite...you can always give the a CC the last night to keep on file in case you do need to use your seapass card to purchase something.

Don't have to put a thing down.

I believe that is somewhere around owing $300 to RCI on your account that they want payment or may shut down your seapass card to make you visit Guest services.

And make sure the night before you have it all paid up and closed out or yes trying to get off the next day wont be fun.

If your worried about having a few charges the last nite...you can always give the a CC the last night to keep on file in case you do need to use your seapass card to purchase something.

The amount is $500

This may be a silly question, but I'm completely inexperienced with cash accounts, having always used a cc, so please bear with me. If I want to set up my acct as a cash acct, how much money do I need to put down at the beginning of my cruise for my family of 4? Is there a minimum?

Thank you

seeing youre from edmonton... you might want to take note of this forum...

It's advantageous to pre-pay/pre-purchase your OBC prior to getting on to the cruise

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2159570