Pics of Celebrity Zenith?

Cruising Princess

I thought the century (sister ship) was a grand old girl and would have loved to sail on her again.:D

Century was (is) a much different ship then Zenith, Much larger and grander - more a cousin then a sister.

I loved Century but love even more the smaller ships. I wish I had taken a cruise on Zenith or Horizon when they were in the fleet.

• Administrators

Best memories ever of my cruise to Bermuda (NY) on Zenith.

The best food I ever experienced on mass market line -- in the buffet!!!

The best alt dining experience on formal night IN THE BUFFET AREA ever. Tables set w/ tablecloths and silverware --just like the main dining room. Deelish food and excellent service -- no buffet but waiters in training (I believe) were serving us.

Best ever.

Took the two-week Orinoco River, Devil's Island, etc. cruise on the Zenith out of Puerto Rico some years ago and had a ball. There were less than 600 passengers aboard, so no lines anywhere. Not to mention a very inexpensive suite upgrade due to the low participation. I think it was the only sucj cruise he Zenith did.

We Cruised on the Zenith in 1994. Our second Cruise but our first with Celebrity. When we first saw her sitting in Port Everglades we couldn't believe how big she looked. Once we were on board she was so elegant and huge. I'll never forget the one level dining room and the ceiling looked like it was made of copper. Embarkation day the pool band was playing and we were dancing (electric slide) by the pool with I guess what was some of the activity staff. Both male and female staff members were wearing kaki shorts with blue and white striped polo style shirts. OP... sorry no pictures. Just video and lots of good memories.

Edited by davekathy

Century was (is) a much different ship then Zenith, Much larger and grander - more a cousin then a sister.

I loved Century but love even more the smaller ships. I wish I had taken a cruise on Zenith or Horizon when they were in the fleet.

Rightio, I suppose the Mercury was the same as the Century as well.

I am putting together a memory book of all my cruises and realized I don't have any of the interior of the Zenith. She was the very first ship my husband and I sailed back in 1999.

If you have any pictures you can share, it would be most appreciated.

Thanks!

http://public.fotki.com/Magwa/cruising/zenith-april-2011/

This is a link to some info and photos of the Zenith, albeit after she left Celebrity for Pullmantur. I'm probably one of the few people on this Celebrity forum who has actually sailed on both Zenith and Horizon after they left Celebrity Haven't sailed Galaxy, Mercury or Century though. The dark hulled Zenith is now sailing for CDF.

Fortunate enough to have sailed Zenith twice to Bermuda, with the cordial "Yanni" (Ioannis) Papanikolau as captain. This was in the mid-90s. She's a fine ship. Great service, cuisine, and with a Greek wife at the time, can you say "captains" table, invites to the bridge privately, and the captain upgrading our cabin?!! Yup, all real. We even went to visit him on the ship once, and we were not even sailing her that day. What a lovely gentleman.

It hooked me on Celebrity, but now, I just need the Greek wife back! Of course, I got her hooked on cruising and also Cunard!

Learn some Greek, it gets you a loooong way on Celebrity!

Fortunate enough to have sailed Zenith twice to Bermuda, with the cordial "Yanni" (Ioannis) Papanikolau as captain. This was in the mid-90s. She's a fine ship. Great service, cuisine, and with a Greek wife at the time, can you say "captains" table, invites to the bridge privately, and the captain upgrading our cabin?!! Yup, all real. We even went to visit him on the ship once, and we were not even sailing her that day. What a lovely gentleman.

It hooked me on Celebrity, but now, I just need the Greek wife back! Of course, I got her hooked on cruising and also Cunard!

Learn some Greek, it gets you a loooong way on Celebrity!

I will have to kept that in mind and just say a few of the words and phrases I know when they are within earshot.;)