Elite Membership Question

yaswill

One of my favourite benefits is the complimentary laundry services. It's specially nice on a longer cruise.

It was interesting to do the UST last cruise to go through the laundry, there were two big bins one marked Elite the other Suite/Regular Guests. We forgot to ask which bin gets done first? But I am guessing it would probably the the suite/regular bin as it was by far the smallest.

It was interesting to do the UST last cruise to go through the laundry, there were two big bins one marked Elite the other Suite/Regular Guests. We forgot to ask which bin gets done first? But I am guessing it would probably the the suite/regular bin as it was by far the smallest.

I'm taking bets on the largest bins being Elite/Suite. After all they send in just about everything anytime they wear it. People who have to pay most time use the laundry or are more selective about the amounts they send in.

I'm taking bets on the largest bins being Elite/Suite. After all they send in just about everything anytime they wear it. People who have to pay most time use the laundry or are more selective about the amounts they send in.

Suites get lumbered in with the regular folk it is only the elite who have a separate bin in the laundry

Didn't know that. Not that we send in much laundry at all but I still wonder which pile get more attention?

I can't tell you which gets more attention, but since we sail in a suite every cruise, I can tell you that our laundry is always returned the next day. And no, we don't send in laundry every time we wear a change of clothes. Wondering how you determined that?

I can't tell you which gets more attention, but since we sail in a suite every cruise, I can tell you that our laundry is always returned the next day. And no, we don't send in laundry every time we wear a change of clothes. Wondering how you determined that?

Just from the people who post here.

one perk is that if you don't want to use the mini bar you can turn it in for two free coffee cards (or get different drinks rather than what they leave you).

You get preference for boarding the ship and disembarking as well. Of course you also get your laundry done (unlimited times) while on board as well as dry cleaning.

Just be aware of possible damage to articles being laundered. It's happened to many of us at one time or another.

I guess it must be the luck of the draw. In all of the cruises we have done, we have never had any damage to our clothing that we have sent to the laundry.:)

Sadly they ruined one of my DH's dinner shirts. A permanent crease in the collar that wouldn't come out. Only send polo shirts and t shirts/shorts now.

Do it myself in the launderette now for more important clothes. Enjoy the other elite perks though.

Edited by The Wilkies

It's not that they damage all the laundered clothing but sooner of later they'll shrink it or lose something. We don't trust them any longer with our good clothing to wash, only dry clean. It's easier & more convenient to wash out things in the sink or on longer trips use the washing machines.

It's not that they damage all the laundered clothing but sooner of later they'll shrink it or lose something. We don't trust them any longer with our good clothing to wash, only dry clean. It's easier & more convenient to wash out things in the sink or on longer trips use the washing machines.

Even if they damaged our laundry, there is no way my wife is going to do laundry on a cruise.:eek::) We will continue to send it out even if gets damaged.:eek:

Even if they damaged our laundry, there is no way my wife is going to do laundry on a cruise.:eek::) We will continue to send it out even if gets damaged.:eek:

I've had good luck through the years with the dry cleaning & only use that for everything we sent in which isn't all that much. Jeans, Polo shirts, T shirts & shorts. Of course we don't get charged.

In the frequent times we have used this elite perk, we had one tee shirt shrink. But even at home, I sometimes shrink an item or two. It is so worth not having multiple loads of laundry to face when we get home.

Always had it back within 24 hours and no damage (fingers crossed now). So much easier than doing it yourself on holidays. I don't have a lot of fine, fancy clothes so it would be pretty hard to ruin any of my stuff.

The last thing we used the laundry for was my wife's light weight jacket and it came back a lighter shade. It wasn't totally ruined but it does look different. I've read where Princess makes good with compensation for articles they damage but it would have to be something expensive for us to complain.