No cabin number yet for 10 Jan World Cruise QV

nhow

Should I be worried yet that we have not received our stateroom number for the Jan 10 QV World Cruise? It's only a month from now. We have a guaranteed partially obscured balcony but still don't know where and can't print etickets or baggage tags.:confused:

Worry not - cabin assignments can be done quite late. I've read that some people have received theirs at check-in.

If I were setting off on an epic voyage I would want to know where I would be living for 3 or 4 months as soon as possible.... Personally, I'd ring Cunard (or my travel agent if I were using one) and ask them for an update if I hadn't heard by 2 weeks before.

Knowing the location of your cabin is a key bit of info for the build up to your trip - hope you hear soon and get a good 'un.

Have you checked your cruise personaliser under 'accommodation'? We are on the QM2 on 10th Jan and the cabin was allocated about a week or two ago. We haven't had any communication from Cunard, just noticed it was there.

Worry not - cabin assignments can be done quite late. I've read that some people have received theirs at check-in.

If I were setting off on an epic voyage I would want to know where I would be living for 3 or 4 months as soon as possible.... Personally, I'd ring Cunard (or my travel agent if I were using one) and ask them for an update if I hadn't heard by 2 weeks before.

Knowing the location of your cabin is a key bit of info for the build up to your trip - hope you hear soon and get a good 'un.

Thanks Toffeegirl. That's exactly what we're thinking. Our TA thought it might be around 3 weeks before sailing (which we could live with) but clearly we'd like to know asap. We're going all the way to Singapore but had to book separately from Hong Kong to Singapore!! Go figure. We already have our cabin assignment for that small segment. Obviously it would be great if we either got an upgrade to the same cabin (which is slightly better than the guaranteed one for the long segment) or at least one that's nearby. Have no idea how they handle moving our stuff from one cabin to another if we don't get an upgrade to the same one. But we really don't want to spend our day in Hong Kong schlepping bags and worrying about change of cabin if possible. And it would sure be nice to have an idea of where we'll be for almost 3 months!!! :rolleyes:

If the cabin number was there, the OP would be able to print their e-tickets wouldn't they?

Possibly now we are a bit closer, but we had the cabin allocation showing well over a week before the e-tickets were available to be printed.

Have you checked your cruise personaliser under 'accommodation'? We are on the QM2 on 10th Jan and the cabin was allocated about a week or two ago. We haven't had any communication from Cunard, just noticed it was there.

Yes, I check it daily. Still nothing.

Thanks Toffeegirl. That's exactly what we're thinking. Our TA thought it might be around 3 weeks before sailing (which we could live with) but clearly we'd like to know asap. We're going all the way to Singapore but had to book separately from Hong Kong to Singapore!! Go figure. We already have our cabin assignment for that small segment. Obviously it would be great if we either got an upgrade to the same cabin (which is slightly better than the guaranteed one for the long segment) or at least one that's nearby. Have no idea how they handle moving our stuff from one cabin to another if we don't get an upgrade to the same one. But we really don't want to spend our day in Hong Kong schlepping bags and worrying about change of cabin if possible. And it would sure be nice to have an idea of where we'll be for almost 3 months!!! :rolleyes:

Cunard will help you move your things but it would be nice if you had an upgrade and could stay in the same stateroom. :)

Edited by Scrapnana

Nhow

Would you like to join the rollcall for your voyage? It is very informal, and a nice bunch helpful/knowledgable people have been posting. Some very useful information is there. Hope you get your cabin sorted soon.

Here is the link, if you want to have a look.

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2097761

Nhow

Would you like to join the rollcall for your voyage? It is very informal, and a nice bunch helpful/knowledgable people have been posting. Some very useful information is there. Hope you get your cabin sorted soon.

Here is the link, if you want to have a look.

http://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2097761

Many thanks! I'll have a look. :)

• 2 weeks later...
I'm guessing that you still don't have a cabin yet.... Don't forget to let us know when you do....

No, still no word...We booked a very long time ago for a partially obscured balcony cabin (guaranteed). I don't really understand why they don't just assign us a cabin in our category. We booked a slightly higher grade balcony cabin for the final segment of the cruise as the other wasn't offered for that bit. But we really don't mind having one in the partially obscured category. Just would like to know so we can see where we'll be for almost 3 months.

Hi Nhow. If you have to move cabins Cunard will do it for you. They will do your packing if need be and they then bring a trolly clothes hanging thing, like you see in hotels and they will hang all your clothes on it on the hangers and do the move for you.

It is easy and they are very helpful. Don't worry about getting your cabin number, it will come eventually!

You may well have to move cabins but it will all be OK. Have a great time. World cruises and world cruises segments are just wonderful. Enjoy your voyage.

Hi Nhow. If you have to move cabins Cunard will do it for you. They will do your packing if need be and they then bring a trolly clothes hanging thing, like you see in hotels and they will hang all your clothes on it on the hangers and do the move for you.

It is easy and they are very helpful. Don't worry about getting your cabin number, it will come eventually!

You may well have to move cabins but it will all be OK. Have a great time. World cruises and world cruises segments are just wonderful. Enjoy your voyage.

Hi Maggiemou, Thanks for your thoughtful and reassuring post. I'm not so worried any more about moving between two different cabins (although of course it would be great to get an upgrade to the same one). Just stressing a bit about not having any cabin assignment for the long part of the cruise. Would like to know where we'll be for almost 3 months. As I said, we're fine with partially obscured balcony. Just think it's strange that they haven't gone ahead and assigned us one as it's guaranteed and we booked almost a year ago.

Edited by nhow

• 2 weeks later...

Well no upgrade but it's a relief to finally have a cabin assigned. 4060. Partially obscured view balcony which is what we paid for. Not really a problem for us as there are superb views all over the ship. It would have been nice to have heard weeks ago though....still. can't wait!!!:D

Well no upgrade but it's a relief to finally have a cabin assigned. 4060. Partially obscured view balcony which is what we paid for. Not really a problem for us as there are superb views all over the ship. It would have been nice to have heard weeks ago though....still. can't wait!!!:D

I misspoke. We are assigned to cabin 4020. Is anybody familiar with it?

It's one of the metal fronted balconies, we had one last year I really liked it. Seems as if you got an upgrade after all.

Have a great time.

That'a really great to hear!!! Many thanks for letting me know. What we were guaranteed was CB - PARTIALLY OBSTRUCTED BALCONY. I assumed 4020 was in that category. Am I mistaken? All very confusing. It sounds really great whatever it is!! We're really excited. :D:cool:

That'a really great to hear!!! Many thanks for letting me know. What we were guaranteed was CB - PARTIALLY OBSTRUCTED BALCONY. I assumed 4020 was in that category. Am I mistaken? All very confusing. It sounds really great whatever it is!! We're really excited. :D:cool:

Looks like a BF - congratulations - worth the wait?!!

I misspoke. We are assigned to cabin 4020. Is anybody familiar with it?

We're familiar with it it's our cabin! You are on QV on Sunday? We've been assigned 4020 - a metal fronted balcony.

I'll go and check my VP straightaway! It could be a bit cozy ....