Good Miami Seafood Restaurant-view would be nice

buckeye rob

Looking for a good seafood restaurant in Miami before our cruise next August. Joe's is closed then. Looking at Trulucks, The River Oyster Bar, Rusty Pelican, Casablanca, Red Fish Grill, although seems a little far south. Staying at the Marriott Biscayne Bay. Thanks Gerry

Edited by buckeye rob

Gerry, everyone has their favorites.

We enjoy Truck's. We don't go their for the view because there is no view. We go there for the cuisine, (we love seafood), the service and the overall atmosphere inside.

Although known for its beef, a restaurant with beautiful views and one that also serves seafood is Smith & Wollensky.

Keith

Thanks guys. Have to rethink Smith & Wollenskys. Location and menu look great. Also Montys being at the same south end area as S&W. Not far from our hotel. Seeing mixed reviews on Rusty Pelican. Anyone been there ? Thanks Gerry

Rusty Pelican is a beautiful location and great for drinks outside but not where I would eat. Nothing beats happy hour at Monty's and really do love their fresh seafood but a lot of what is made there is Cysco not freshly made.

The setting for Smith & Wollenskys sure can't be beat. It's beautiful.

River Oyster is one of my all time favorites and I spend way too much time there. They actually just renovated the place and it's completely different now. If you love oysters, every day they have happy hour from 4:30 to 7 pm and all oysters are half price. They usually have around 6 kinds. Their website isn't up to date with the menu but it will give you an idea of what they offer. No view though!

Trulucks is fantastic as well. No view but a lovely restaurant. I do prefer the Naples one over the Miami one but always had a great meal here.

Thanks guys. Have to rethink Smith & Wollenskys. Location and menu look great. Also Montys being at the same south end area as S&W. Not far from our hotel. Seeing mixed reviews on Rusty Pelican. Anyone been there ? Thanks Gerry

Smith & Wollenskys will give you great views and their food is superb.

Keith

I like Garcia's and Seaspice, both located on the Miami River. Garcia's is very casual, moderately priced, and they have their own fishing boats that run daily, so the catch is always fresh. Seaspice is two doors down, much more upscale than Garcia's, the food, service, and views are great.

Rusty Pelican is a beautiful location and great for drinks outside but not where I would eat. Nothing beats happy hour at Monty's and really do love their fresh seafood but a lot of what is made there is Cysco not freshly made.

The setting for Smith & Wollenskys sure can't be beat. It's beautiful.

River Oyster is one of my all time favorites and I spend way too much time there. They actually just renovated the place and it's completely different now. If you love oysters, every day they have happy hour from 4:30 to 7 pm and all oysters are half price. They usually have around 6 kinds. Their website isn't up to date with the menu but it will give you an idea of what they offer. No view though!

Trulucks is fantastic as well. No view but a lovely restaurant. I do prefer the Naples one over the Miami one but always had a great meal here.

This, exactly.

I also love, love, love Casablanca and Garcias. You will not find better seafood in Miami but both are $$$$ and Garcias is kind of a dive.

for stone crab

save $$$$

buy 'em at Publix (they are all pre cooked, even the ones you get at Joes .... crab must be cooked quickly after death ....)

buy at Publix, get a 6 pac or a bottle of white and dig in ....

save BIG $$$$

for stone crab

save $$$$

buy 'em at Publix (they are all pre cooked, even the ones you get at Joes .... crab must be cooked quickly after death ....)

buy at Publix, get a 6 pac or a bottle of white and dig in ....

save BIG $$$$

Sounds like a perfect picnic! BTW, they don't kill the crab they just remove the claw and throw it back in.

stone crab ... this is correct

but important point is crab must be cooked FAST

I always LOVE when people come to FL and ask where to get fresh king crab

an Alaskan product, cooked in Alaska and flash frozen

buy it at SAMS and get better quality than most restaurants in FL!

Trulucks is always amazing, especially their Monday night all you can eat. I have to say that the stone crabs at My Ceviche is also amazing and you can't beat the price. They own George's stone crab I believe.

Monty's for happy hour when they have the stone crab/shrimp boat outside is also great.

stone crab ... this is correct

but important point is crab must be cooked FAST

I always LOVE when people come to FL and ask where to get fresh king crab

an Alaskan product, cooked in Alaska and flash frozen

buy it at SAMS and get better quality than most restaurants in FL!

You can actually get Fresh king crab legs for a week or two each year at Trulucks. At least they have had this in the past.

And we have Red Lobster here in NY.....LOL. We may have some time at Bayside after our cruise in Feb. Any good seafood there?

If you like Red Lobster than there is seafood in Bayside. :)

If you want something special then a mile away is Truluck's. I highly recommend it.

There are restaurants at Bayside where you can get seafood but for something special I would go somewhere else.

Keith

And we have Red Lobster here in NY.....LOL. We may have some time at Bayside after our cruise in Feb. Any good seafood there?
Not at Bayside. River Oyster, Garcias, or Casablanca.

Yes that is correct. They still do. :)

Keith

Dear God WHEN??? When is this event?

from: http://www.fishex.com/crab/legs/king/buy-cook-serve-king-crab-legs

"Keep in mind that unless you have purchased a live king crab, the crab legs in front of you have already been cooked."

I worked this industry' regulation side for a while . . .

or perhaps you believe this place has LIVE Alaskan crab shipped to them

if so ..... I have this bridge I am trying to sell . . . .

(uncooked <dead> crab does NOT stay edible on ice .... COOKED crab does)

but if you want to waste your $$$$$$

more power to ya

p.s.

every grocery near me has a fish counter

and with FEW exceptions, the fish on display has on its tag, small print

PREVIOUSLY FROZEN

Edited by Capt_BJ

from: http://www.fishex.com/crab/legs/king/buy-cook-serve-king-crab-legs

"Keep in mind that unless you have purchased a live king crab, the crab legs in front of you have already been cooked."

I worked this industry' regulation side for a while . . .

or perhaps you believe this place has LIVE Alaskan crab shipped to them

if so ..... I have this bridge I am trying to sell . . . .

(uncooked <dead> crab does NOT stay edible on ice .... COOKED crab does)

but if you want to waste your $$$$$$

more power to ya

p.s.

every grocery near me has a fish counter

and with FEW exceptions, the fish on display has on its tag, small print

PREVIOUSLY FROZEN

For a few weeks sometime around mid October you can get fresh king crab legs. They are fresh not frozen. They may be already cooked prior to shipping but they are not frozen after cooking like the rest of the year.

Just like during stone crab season you can purchase fresh not frozen stone crab claws that have already been cooked. These are still considered fresh stone crabs.