I cruised on Crown Princess, Dec. 5th

LucyR.

I had fun on the ship dancing and having fun. I met a couple on the first few days. Then when we were in Cabo... I saw the couple with a senior lady and they had lots of luggage as if the couple were getting off the ship.

The captain announced that some people were late on getting back on the ship in Cabo and we would have to speed at 20 knots to get back to L.A. on time. Also said there was going to be some rough ocean going back to our San Pedro port. On the last day the ship was rocking and rolling. I had trouble walking around the ship so I went back to my cabin.

On the last day a lady told me that a man was walking near the ocean on an island and a ocean wave grabbed him and drowned him and his body was never found due to an undertow problem.

The only island I can think of is Stone Island located in Mazatlán.

Does anybody that was on the Crown know what really happened and where it happened??

We were on the same cruise as you. for your information, some snowbirds use

Princess as a way to get to there winter residences. They can move more items down and get special permission to leave the ship early. They will rejoin a ship later in the season, going north. It takes permission from the cruise line, the agents at the port to do this. No, one was lost on this cruise. As for the couple that was late in Cobo, they were found in a waterfront bar, by the local agent. They got a local tender to rush them back to the ship as they the agents did not want to have to help them get back to the States. We did not feel that ship rock and rolled, but will agree that some motion was felt the last night, though they didn't drain the pool, which they do when motion is really bad.

Glad you had a good time.

Hello. LUCYR: I am wondering if you can describe the woman who told you about the missing man? ALSO.... bcnvcanada.... how do you know that no one was lost? I heard a similar story...and I would love to know that your information is correct and the story I heard is wrong! Thank you!

Princess as a way to get to there winter residences. They can move more items down and get special permission to leave the ship early. They will rejoin a ship later in the season, going north. It takes permission from the cruise line, the agents at the port to do this. No, one was lost on this cruise. As for the couple that was late in Cobo, they were found in a waterfront bar, by the local agent. They got a local tender to rush them back to the ship as they the agents did not want to have to help them get back to the States. We did not feel that ship rock and rolled, but will agree that some motion was felt the last night, though they didn't drain the pool, which they do when motion is really bad.

We had friends on this cruise........

I was not aware that the port agent has this much power?

Was the ship underway?

Where did you hear that?

Edited by Colo Cruiser

We had friends on this cruise........

I was not aware that the port agent has this much power?

Was the ship underway?

Where did you hear that?

Was on the cruise and we were a bit late leaving due to the delay caused by those two. Captain must have made final decision to wait and he must have

received word that they were on the way out to the ship. It is a tender port.

We did arrive in LA on time on Saturday morning so lost time was made up. We were at top speed all day on Friday to get there.

Dixon

Was on the cruise and we were a bit late leaving due to the delay caused by those two. Captain must have made final decision to wait and he must have

received word that they were on the way out to the ship. It is a tender port.

We did arrive in LA on time on Saturday morning so lost time was made up. We were at top speed all day on Friday to get there.

Dixon

Thanks!

For your information the ship had pulled anchor and was turning around when word came, that the missing couple were on a tender heading out to the ship. They used the pilot boats entrance to board the ship. We were about 10 to 15 minutes delayed leaving.

Here's a silly followup question: IF the reason the couple didn't get back onboard ws due to their negligence, can the passengers be penalized financially for causing the cruise line to go top speed (and use more fuel) to make up for lost time?

Here's a silly followup question: IF the reason the couple didn't get back onboard ws due to their negligence, can the passengers be penalized financially for causing the cruise line to go top speed (and use more fuel) to make up for lost time?

No.......

If they are that late the ship will leave them.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

We were on the 12/5 cruise as well. We were in the IC Friday afternoon waiting for the wine tasting. We were told, by someone we did not know, that an older gentleman in his 70s had died from a heart attack while in Cabo and that a 16 year old had drowned. I was shocked by the news and didn't think to press for additional information. I have not been able to confirm this information on any of the news sites and prefer to believe it was just a cruel rumor.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got back from another 7 day cruise and we experienced 2 separate deaths...fist shore excursion a 45 yr old drowned...they brought her back onto the ship...this being the 2nd day on ship...the last evening a gentlemen had a heart attack onboard...I didn't believe it until I was getting off the ship and I saw them taking the two bodies off the ship and into the vans...they were covered with while linen...very sad to say the least...

Not to hijack the thread but tell me more about how snowboards do this. Do some really leave the cruise early and at a later date join another cruise going back? Do they pay for two cruises then and just do a portion of each? That seems an expensive way to get items moved.

We did not feel that ship rock and rolled, but will agree that some motion was felt the last night, though they didn't drain the pool, which they do when motion is really bad.

We were on the December 5th and 12th cruises and the adult pool by the spa was drained at some point in time Friday. It was filled again on Sunday the 13th.

People die on cruises just like people die when not on cruises, it is no more regular just because they are on the ship. Sadly, these people are leaving family and friends either on shore or with them on the ship and it must be quite stressful for all concerned.