Appreciative new poster-just booked our first cruise

lorgir

Just wanted to post to express appreciation for this board. I've been lurking for days and all my questions and concerns have been cared for.

All except for...How do you wait for 5 months for a cruise knowing it's going to be the best vacation of your life??? I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas! :)

Anyway, I'm thankful for all the advice the veterans have taken the time to post. We're cruising Carnival (Grand Turk, St. Thomas, San Juan and HMC) to celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary. I can't wait!

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

I went through a couple of pages of Roll Calls and could not find one for your date. But you could start one of your at this link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=329&order=desc

You could also start to check out your ports and ask questions at this link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=587

You will love HMC -- have been there many times.

Congratulations on your 15th anniversary.

Welcome to Cruise Critic. There is a wealth of information on these boards. Ask any questions you want. You will get tons of answers (hopefully nice answers LOL).

I tell people .... you can ask a bizarre question like "where can I get a bottle on my unique brand of shampoo on the way to the ship". Someone will chime in and tell you exactly where to go to get it. You go down A street and turn right on B street and half way down the block on your left is a tiny little store that has it.

Someone has cruised on your ship and itinerary and can answer those questions too.

As for the waiting and acting like a little child, I've been known to make a calendar where you can rip off each day until the cruise. I kept it at work and every single day I ripped it off. They laughed at me but I was the one going on vacation and they were staying at work. Who's the silly one now?

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

It is very exciting for us for each of the cruises we take and there is a lot of anticipation.

Take the time to read the boards for the cruise line you are sailing and also to visit the cruise lines own board. Both will have a wealth of information as you prepare for your cruise.

If you are like us, you will love to cruise and for us this is by far our most favorite way to travel.

Keith

Just wanted to post to express appreciation for this board. I've been lurking for days and all my questions and concerns have been cared for.

All except for...How do you wait for 5 months for a cruise knowing it's going to be the best vacation of your life??? I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas! :)

Anyway, I'm thankful for all the advice the veterans have taken the time to post. We're cruising Carnival (Grand Turk, St. Thomas, San Juan and HMC) to celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary. I can't wait!

1) Don't book until the cruise is only four months out.

2) If you do book five months out, then book another cruise prior to the one that is five months out.

1) Don't book until the cruise is only four months out.

2) If you do book five months out, then book another cruise prior to the one that is five months out.

Ha! Lesson learned. We still have little ones and college educations to save up for. I'm thinking this will be the last cruise for a while. At least, that's what I'd like to think. :)

Waiting is the hardest part. I am leaving on a short cruise tomorrow, sitting here watching the Bridge Cam as she is coming into port from drydock tonight. While I do that, I am "trolling" the CC boards, posting on two of the three roll calls and planning out my May 2017 cruise to Alaska. That is what I do now that we can cruise more (official empty nesters as of Sept).

Congrats on 15 years! Take note of the children on board your cruise, you may find a cruise vacation would be a good match for your kids, then you don't have to wait too long between sailings...at least not 15 years...lol

Have a wonderful cruise and a good wishes for the next 15 years!

• 2 weeks later...
How do you wait for 5 months for a cruise knowing it's going to be the best vacation of your life??

Honestly? You spend every waking moment talking about nothing except for cruising and all the fantastic things you are going to do while on your cruise. Oh, and you mention 100 times a day how many more days you have until the cruise. In short, you annoy every single person in your life (friends, family, coworkers, the mailman) so much that eventually they start looking forward to your cruise even more than you because it means that they will have a week off from having to listen to you talk about your cruise.

Or at least that's what happened with me. [emoji16]

Edited by bakersdozen12

Honestly? You spend every waking moment talking about nothing except for cruising and all the fantastic things you are going to do while on your cruise. Oh, and you mention 100 times a day how many more days you have until the cruise. In short, you annoy every single person in your life (friends, family, coworkers, the mailman) so much that eventually they start looking forward to your cruise even more than you because it means that they will have a week off from having to listen to you talk about your cruise.

Or at least that's what happened with me. [emoji16]

Ha! I get this. My kids are like, "Mom, we can't take it anymore!" I've chilled a little though. I think I made it all day yesterday without saying a word about it. :)

Ha! I get this. My kids are like, "Mom, we can't take it anymore!" I've chilled a little though. I think I made it all day yesterday without saying a word about it. :)

One good thing about CC is being able to talk about your upcoming cruise without boring your friends & family at home. :D

LuLu

You can get the Day Zero app for your iPhone, link it to your Apple Watch. Periodically look at your watch and announce "237 days" 'til we fly to Anchorage for the Alaska cruise..." Then people will really hate you....

Hahahahahaha!!! Tempting....:D

I've found so much great info on this site. Especially port info.

Waiting is the worst...but also the best because you know you have a cruise to look forward to! :) I love to watch the sail away webcams on Sunday afternoons when I am home and think well, there's one more week down... only (way too many) to go!

Have a great cruise!

I've found so much great info on this site. Especially port info.

Waiting is the worst...but also the best because you know you have a cruise to look forward to! :) I love to watch the sail away webcams on Sunday afternoons when I am home and think well, there's one more week down... only (way too many) to go!

Have a great cruise!

Thanks! You too!

I figure time will fly now that we're back in the swing of school, real life and adulting. At least, I hope so!