Anything new on Harvest Caye?

TNCruzer56

Sailing on the Dawn Feb. 12th. Our prices have changed

Private Beach Cabana

Harvest Caye, Belize

Spend a sultry day inside the comfort of one of our incredible self-contained retreats that comfortably house up to six guests.

ADULT FROM $499.00

CHILD FROM $499.00

(0 reviews)

DURATION

All Day

Private Canopy Pool Cabana

Harvest Caye, Belize

Retreat to the privacy of your own poolside canopy cabana.

ADULT FROM $249.00

CHILD FROM $249.00

(0 reviews)

DURATION

All Day

Price went up for Getaway April 23rd sailing too.

:(:(

All of the prices that are listed say"from", no advertising that they would be the figure in the ads, only that they would not be less than that figure.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, NCL did cancel the kids' snorkeling shorex. As I mentioned in this or another thread, I did receive an e-mail notification, but then I received a second e-mail retracting the first. I knew that the platform would not be ready for the first few cruises visiting the Caye, but hoped that ours would be OK.

Which leads us to the knowledge that the UBP will not work on the Caye. Rats! I suppose I can look at it like this: Since we do not have to pay for the four of them to snorkel, we can pay for a few rounds of drinks. ;)

Really excited still for the first ships to dock there, really.

Scanditaly

This is from a recent post by Cariboof on the ports of call board:

Transport from harvest caye to placencia now available

**********UPDATE**********NEW INFORMATION RECEIVED**********

Dear Friends,

I have just spoken to NCL AGAIN regarding how to get to Placencia from Harvest Caye...this is what they said.

"We just received this email minutes ago. There will be a transportation hub on the Caye where ferries will take guests to Malacate/Placencia. As of right now, we do not have a schedule or pricing information available and probably won't get it. That information should be available onboard while you're there."

This is great news! I called earlier in the day and was told I would have to take an NCL excursion in order to leave the Caye...I was outraged. However, as stated above, they had recently received information on a transportation hub on HC where ferry's/water taxis will be available. I suppose we'll have to wait until onboard to get all of the specifics.

The best snorkeling is no where near HC. Look at some of the dive shops in Placencia as they do some wonderful work and have great diving trips. The reef is roughly 45-60 minutes away by boat. Several Cayes have some amazing snorkeling out there. Find a place you like and contact one of the dive shops and see what they can do for you.

I will be leaving the 11th of November and will update everyone with explicit details and photos.

Happy Cruising Everyone!

So great to know regarding the snorkeling. As I've already been going on about :mad:(sorry, bad grammar) NCL cancelled my kids' snorkel shorex because "their" platform is not ready. We will now feel at ease to really check out mainland options.

Thanks again,

Scanditaly

I'm on a B2B on the Getaway in late Jan/early Feb and was going to book the snorkelling excursion on GHC. My friends and saw it offered last week but noticed yesterday it's no longer listed as an excursion. The rep I talked to when I booked other excursions said the operator for that excursion isn't ready yet... And won't be until mid-February. He said there won't be any other snorkelling options offered until then, and no other excursions of any kind will be added either. :-(