Nightly Shows - Back to Back (B2B), Same Ship

Back to Back (B2B) – Same Ship

One the features I look forward on a cruise are the entertainment performed by the ship’s production crew comprised of RCI singers and dancers.

Typically, on a 7 night’s cruise, two shows are performed by RCI singers and dancers and the remaining 5 nights shows are performed by filler entertainers. If my memory serves me well, there were 4 RCI singers and dancers shows on a 15 night’s cruise-Panama Cruise from Ft. Lauderdale to San Diego on Vision. No shows were repeated.

My wife and I have done a B2B but on different ship therefore; there was no repeat of shows performed by the RCI singers and dancers.

With that said, I wish to ask: Are the shows performed by the RCI singers and dancers repeating on a B2B – Same Ship cruise?

All response will be greatly appreciated.

My wife and I are considering 56 Night London (Southampton) to Beijing World Value Inclusive: Package Including Air, a 2 Night Pre 2 Night Post Hotel Stay, and Transfers on Ovation of the Seas in May 2016. If the shows performed by RCI singers and dancer are repeating surely, it will be an unlikable experience.

Cheers,

born-to-cruise

(funds permitting)

12 RCI, 3 Carnival

If you are doing a true back-to-back, then yes, most likely the shows will be repeated. Even the jokes told by the CD will be the same.

One way to counteract that is to go to some shows the first week and the other shows the second week. Or just find something else to do the second week. A cruise shouldn't be all about the shows, there are other ways to entertain oneself.

Enjoy! B2B's are fun!

Cruise lines setup 7 day cruises the same no matter where their going. If you do a B2B of two 7 days cruises on the same ship. Everything will be repeated including the menu.

The same thing applies to longer cruises that are repeated .

If you do a B2B where one is a 7 day and the other is 10 day . There will be changes.

As Sandy indicated there will be no changes in the RC production shows. Your only hope for variety is the imported performers will be different week to week. Some performers come on for several weeks while others board in one port, do their show and disembark at the next port.

One the features I look forward on a cruise are the entertainment performed by the ship’s production crew comprised of RCI singers and dancers.

Typically, on a 7 night’s cruise, two shows are performed by RCI singers and dancers and the remaining 5 nights shows are performed by filler entertainers. If my memory serves me well, there were 4 RCI singers and dancers shows on a 15 night’s cruise-Panama Cruise from Ft. Lauderdale to San Diego on Vision. No shows were repeated.

My wife and I have done a B2B but on different ship therefore; there was no repeat of shows performed by the RCI singers and dancers.

With that said, I wish to ask: Are the shows performed by the RCI singers and dancers repeating on a B2B – Same Ship cruise?

My wife and I are considering 56 Night London (Southampton) to Beijing World Value Inclusive: Package Including Air, a 2 Night Pre 2 Night Post Hotel Stay, and Transfers on Ovation of the Seas in May 2016. If the shows performed by RCI singers and dancer are repeating surely, it will be an unlikable experience.

Cheers,

born-to-cruise

(funds permitting)

12 RCI, 3 Carnival

What you previously did was a Side By Side Cruise. On B2B Cruises the RCCL dancers and singers will do the same show on both legs of your Cruise. But most of the time (not always) the guest entertainers will be different for each leg of the Cruise.

Edited by davekathy

Cheers,

born-to-cruise

(funds permitting)

12 RCI, 3 Carnival

We did a similar cruise in 2009. It was actually three separate cruises, but some of us did the whole thing.

This was our "solution" to that "problem".

We made friends with the singers and dancers.

So it wasn't all about "us".

It was about supporting and applauding our friends.

I love the production shows, and enjoyed seeing the same shows again and again.

:)

We recently did a 13 nighter (2 x New Zealand ports and 3 x Sth Pacific), followed by a 10 nighter (to the Sth Pacific same 3 ports plus one other). It was way too much of the same. Ports and shows. We thought it would be nice to do different things on one cruise or the other, but the shows were very similar, and we would not do that again. We have totally different itineraries before on B2B Radiance, and another B2B on Solstice, and it was good that the ports were different, but yes, the shows were pretty much the same.

CD jokes, yep! Not nearly as funny the second time :) We had one show on the first trip that was a "very hard to get performer, that has just come aboard only for this show". Yep, he made a huge effort to be back the following cruise. He was good to see, but once was enough. Jokes during the performance will be stale. We enjoyed the stage production shows on the Radiance B2B, and there was one we saw 3 times, as we have done Radiance 4 times, but seeing something once is really more special.

It sounds like your itinerary will be quite different, and if you change ships that will help, but if shows are a big thing that you do enjoy, then the fact that there are heaps of other things to do may get you thinking about trying different things in the evening, or it may make you wonder if something important to you will be a bit stale after a while.

We recently did a 13 nighter (2 x New Zealand ports and 3 x Sth Pacific), followed by a 10 nighter (to the Sth Pacific same 3 ports plus one other). It was way too much of the same. Ports and shows. We thought it would be nice to do different things on one cruise or the other, but the shows were very similar, and we would not do that again. We have totally different itineraries before on B2B Radiance, and another B2B on Solstice, and it was good that the ports were different, but yes, the shows were pretty much the same.

CD jokes, yep! Not nearly as funny the second time :) We had one show on the first trip that was a "very hard to get performer, that has just come aboard only for this show". Yep, he made a huge effort to be back the following cruise. He was good to see, but once was enough. Jokes during the performance will be stale. We enjoyed the stage production shows on the Radiance B2B, and there was one we saw 3 times, as we have done Radiance 4 times, but seeing something once is really more special.

It sounds like your itinerary will be quite different, and if you change ships that will help, but if shows are a big thing that you do enjoy, then the fact that there are heaps of other things to do may get you thinking about trying different things in the evening, or it may make you wonder if something important to you will be a bit stale after a while.

They don't "come back the following cruise." Most *headliners* board part way through a cruise, and stay on to the same point on the next cruise.

They don't "come back the following cruise." Most *headliners* board part way through a cruise, and stay on to the same point on the next cruise.

My point was that they said he was there for one special show, and then going off to do other shows and we were lucky they could book him. He was an Australian that used to work Vegas. I don't mind some promotion, but I felt like that was a bit of bull. I don't think he was what I would describe as a headliner. He was just an entertainer, others had seen him before.

Edited by goodycruising

I can´t say anything about what "most" headliners do, but the way you describe it is more the exemption than the rule to the headliners I´ve seen on my B2B´s. They came on for a couple days, left again and came back.

To answer the OP´s question yep Entertainment will most likely repeat on B2B´s.

OK, whether he left the ship, or whatever way he stayed or went, from my experience, I was expecting, from the way they talked him up, that it was a single performance just on the one cruise. I will take back all my incorrect information. I will say to the OP that it may be slightly possible that based on my very slight knowledge that some performers may repeat. Only because I found that happened to me. I did preface that my cruise was nearly the same. The OP may have a different experience with the different itinerary.