How long do Christmas Decorations Stay up?

Bernbun29

I was on a Christmas and New Years cruise (2 separate cruises). I can tell you by the end of the New Years cruise, the decorations were all gone.

I would guess they would be off by 1/4 cruise.

Edited by Coral

The answer would be, It Depends. Princess apparently has one crew decorating all of the ships on the West Coast. It took them a couple of weeks to decorate all of the ships with the Pacific being the last on the 14th. I would assume that the East Coast cruises have a similar arrangement. It will probably take several weeks to take them down so it will probably depend upon the ship you are on.

We have only been on 4 Princess New Year's Cruises and 1 Christmas and New Year's cruise (full transit of the Panama canal) and the decorations begin to come down a few days after New Year's. There are some wonderful photo ops while the ship is decorated.

We've been on 2 cruises that began right after New Years (January 2 and 4 if I remember correctly) and the decorations were gone.

Yes - they are usually gone after the New Years cruise is over. Next cruise is back to normal.