air france from PPT

Hawaiidan

Any one out there, who has used the Oceania air, with a deviation to fly Air France out of Tahiti to LAX......and what it cost you over the Deviation fee.

Air France has a 0845 departure that would work far better than a 11pm Tahiti Nui.......

Against all my better judgment I am going to spend 3 days after a cruise in Moorea to make my loving wife happy with a over water room....

Any one out there, who has used the Oceania air, with a deviation to fly Air France out of Tahiti to LAX......and what it cost you over the Deviation fee.

Air France has a 0845 departure that would work far better than a 11pm Tahiti Nui.......

Against all my better judgment I am going to spend 3 days after a cruise in Moorea to make my loving wife happy with a over water room....

Re think your judgment. Spent 2 nights in Moorea a few years ago before our cruise and it was wonderful. Could have stayed longer. Flew LAX to PPT on Air France and they were fine. Have a great time.

Re think your judgment. Spent 2 nights in Moorea a few years ago before our cruise and it was wonderful. Could have stayed longer. Flew LAX to PPT on Air France and they were fine. Have a great time.

As the ship stops in Moorea I can jump ship a day before the cruise ends the net morning inPPT.... Got a super deal fromSoftel on Moorea for an 3 days in their top over water room...(540 a night rather than 750) and that coordinates nicely for a friday 0840 PPT departure..... This beats hanging in Tahiti proper.

Anyway....what additional did you have pay over the deviation fee for Air France??? Did you get economy or their economy plus service.

I can buy a AF ticket in Prem econ for about $1550pp O will give me a 600 credit and no 175... So about a $800 .. meaning If I went that route It would cost me about $750 more Trying to make a decision. as to what way to go.......

As the ship stops in Moorea I can jump ship a day before the cruise ends the net morning inPPT.... Got a super deal fromSoftel on Moorea for an 3 days in their top over water room...(540 a night rather than 750) and that coordinates nicely for a friday 0840 PPT departure..... This beats hanging in Tahiti proper.

Anyway....what additional did you have pay over the deviation fee for Air France??? Did you get economy or their economy plus service.

I can buy a AF ticket in Prem econ for about $1550pp O will give me a 600 credit and no 175... So about a $800 .. meaning If I went that route It would cost me about $750 more Trying to make a decision. as to what way to go.......

Did it all thru Delta on miles from FLL Had economy plus from LAX. All went well until our luggage did not arrive with us. Got in the next day and they had to put it on the ferry to Moorea to get to us. Over water rooms are great. Need to do it one time. Would love to do FP again but it is a long trip from here. Maybe.

By the way, did not ask, will they let you jump ship? Do they dock .or tender? Can you get all your stuff on a tender and will they do it? Sounds like a plan if possible. Good luck.

Bbuying a rt PPT to LAX I can get a rt fare in Air France Economy Plus for $1550.... With not having to spend 175 and getting $600 credit from O that means about $700 Id have to pay.. Considering in2014 I took the same route on an O charter and got an up grade for $700.on Tahiti Nuis old plane

Now its just about the same deal with all things considered if I buy a Air france Prem econ seat or take O's charter, and pay the upgrade...and thats "if" they will even offer a prem up grade on the Tahiti Nui Flight AND then there is the issue of killing a day in PPT for a nasty red eye to LA VS a day time flight on Air France!

One interesting thing...IfI took a prem economy one way LA toPPT it would cost me $2000. However,ifI took rt I get it for $1550 total.... and throwaway theLA to PPT... Sounds crazy but thats the deal../.

I will check PaulGaugin, but they arnt dealing with the cruz...what will Oceaina do....Thank you , however.

A happy wife is a happy life.

I will check PaulGaugin, but they arnt dealing with the cruz...what will Oceaina do....Thank you , however.

Believe it or not, there are contributors who have sailed on the Marina too and may well be familiar with a situation such as yours. We personally do as much research as possible surrounding our cruises, and we felt it worth a shot. Nothing ventured, nothing gained...

Believe it or not, there are contributors who have sailed on the Marina too and may well be familiar with a situation such as yours. We personally do as much research as possible surrounding our cruises, and we felt it worth a shot. Nothing ventured, nothing gained...

True Research is always a good idea, but once the number of variables passes a certain point, the results become increasingly more conjecture based.

If the OP wants a quote on a specific flight or flights, from Oceania, including the amounts of any ancillary fees, he need only inquire of Oceania, entirely without risk.

The Deviation Fee's are never assessed until the Passenger ACCEPTS the Route, so if the upcharge cost is prohibitive, one may just walk away from the process without any charges at all.

Guessing just makes no sense, when knowing carries zero liability. :D

One interesting thing...IfI took a prem economy one way LA toPPT it would cost me $2000. However,ifI took rt I get it for $1550 total.... and throwaway theLA to PPT... Sounds crazy but thats the deal../.

The airlines with this insane pricing, where it is cheaper to buy round trip and not use one leg, threaten to check for people doing this. But I don't know what they'll do if they catch you. Show up at your house and make you stand in the corner?

And yes...research must be done from accurate data. My $700pp for an up on a charter Tahiti Nui was based on my experience 2014... I called O and they cant give any info till 220 days out..

My agent, who knows folks in the Air dept, tells me that it is Not Likely that Oceania will offer a upgrad at all

They did so with Marina because of the large number of Passengers getting on and off at the end of their Tahiti season, bound for Lima.

I will be on Sienna half the size , at the start of the Tahiti season with many staying on leaving ..

So rather than a charter, it might be a block booking but I would be forced to take a deviation...

Air france has the advantage of no lay-over with a morning flight VS Tahiti , a quick ferry and cab to the airport. no lay over costs. Arrives at 6pm in LAX with easy customs . about $700 pp out of pocket for this

Nui with only late night red eye flights.which requires killing 12 hours in PPT and the need of a day room. overnight flight arrives 9am. with a huge crunch

Oceania says that getting off in Moorea will be no problem..they can do it with advance notice..

Air france Prem Econ seats are about the same as Tahiti Nui Business. but harder.

What will O sell me a prem econ on Air France for??? That is the big ???

What will O sell me a prem econ on Air France for??? That is the big ???

If it were me, I would assume that Oceania would sell Air France at the prevailing rates as they are now, and then decide if it is worth it for me, availability wise, to wait until the 220 day marker on the chance that their actual rate wound up being lower.

You might (and that is a very slim might) get a report of past performance by asking here, however:

A) the question is so specific that it is doubtful that you will.

B) Travel conditions at 220 days before your cruise may be WILDLY different than those of the earlier passenger, so what is the point?

Point B, incidentally, is a huge reason why Oceania insists on waiting until 220 days out before pricing their Air costs, in the first place.

I have been impressed in the past by the amount of due diligence which you put into investigating Airfares, but there is such a thing as a false equivalency, and I feel like you are building one here.

First Thank you both for your kind words....you guys are in high revere with me.

I agree with your premise B that things could widly change inany direction

Too, I agree that Oceania would sell me the one way at the prevailing rate minus the air credits but plus the deviation fee.

Both of these factors are considerations upon which reference can be made, when it is time to actualy make a factual decision.

Its getting a "ying ready to compare a yang too.

I have also found that there are interesting ways of booking using an airlines internet sites. For example Tahiti Nui system will only allow you to book a rt fare in the same class as the departure flight. The same with American which is a code share now with Tahiti Nui and I think Quantas. ( Price wise booking with Via american and Quantas can be several hundred cheaper)

HOWEVER. The Air France system allowes you to book a RT ticket in different classes !

This means one could book in Prem economy @ $750 from Tahiti and for the return book in Saver Economy @ 368 for a total of $1118. If booked rt in Prem Economy the same ticket would cost $1550...almost $450 more!!!!!

The potential possibility exists to amortize the 1118, minus the $600 air credit and minus the potential $175 air to an out of pocket $243... and because of layover day room costs one could save about $100 pp inday room and food costs needed for a 11pm departure So as a possibility may exist to only spend $143 actual,and get a buisness class seat without having to pay a large up grade or fare differential.....

Possibilities are always good to compare when one receives hard facts...

Thanks again Guys....

First Thank you both for your kind words....you guys are in high revere with me.

I agree with your premise B that things could widly change inany direction

Too, I agree that Oceania would sell me the one way at the prevailing rate minus the air credits but plus the deviation fee.

Both of these factors are considerations upon which reference can be made, when it is time to actualy make a factual decision.

Its getting a "ying ready to compare a yang too.

I have also found that there are interesting ways of booking using an airlines internet sites. For example Tahiti Nui system will only allow you to book a rt fare in the same class as the departure flight. The same with American which is a code share now with Tahiti Nui and I think Quantas. ( Price wise booking with Via american and Quantas can be several hundred cheaper)

HOWEVER. The Air France system allowes you to book a RT ticket in different classes !

This means one could book in Prem economy @ $750 from Tahiti and for the return book in Saver Economy @ 368 for a total of $1118. If booked rt in Prem Economy the same ticket would cost $1550...almost $450 more!!!!!

The potential possibility exists to amortize the 1118, minus the $600 air credit and minus the potential $175 air to an out of pocket $243... and because of layover day room costs one could save about $100 pp inday room and food costs needed for a 11pm departure So as a possibility may exist to only spend $143 actual,and get a buisness class seat without having to pay a large up grade or fare differential.....

Possibilities are always good to compare when one receives hard facts...

Thanks again Guys....

Good work. I am going to save this as a possible guide if needed in the future. Could be a very good starting point if we go in a year or 2. Thanks again. Safe trip. :):):)

First of all, your stay on Moorea will be wonderful. Sofitel is adjacent to the best beach in all of French Polynesia in our opinion. It's a breath taking sight to wake up to the island of Tahiti in front of you and the clear water below you. Depending on how many bags you have, it's very easy to roll your gear over to the ferry terminal from the cruise ship dock.

We paid O's deviation and are returning to LAX via AF in PremEcon. Total cost for fare differential/ and deviation: $1800 for the 2 of us, not per person.

Having done the ATN PPT-LAX red eye many times, we feel the early am AF flight is the way to go. Better plane, better cabin crew, better food, and the airport is more tolerable in the am than in the pm.

Suggestion: There aren't many taxis/transportation services on island and it is pleasant chaos at the pier. Have Sofitel arrange for a transport service to collect you from the Moorea ferry pier.

First of all, your stay on Moorea will be wonderful. Sofitel is adjacent to the best beach in all of French Polynesia in our opinion. It's a breath taking sight to wake up to the island of Tahiti in front of you and the clear water below you. Depending on how many bags you have, it's very easy to roll your gear over to the ferry terminal from the cruise ship dock.

We paid O's deviation and are returning to LAX via AF in PremEcon. Total cost for fare differential/ and deviation: $1800 for the 2 of us, not per person.

Having done the ATN PPT-LAX red eye many times, we feel the early am AF flight is the way to go. Better plane, better cabin crew, better food, and the airport is more tolerable in the am than in the pm.

Suggestion: There aren't many taxis/transportation services on island and it is pleasant chaos at the pier. Have Sofitel arrange for a transport service to collect you from the Moorea ferry pier.

Does the $1800 include the Oceania credit for air?

Thanks for the tip on Softel...I picked them for the better ocean bottom...and its on the dry side. I will request a hotel pickup...I have been toMoorea 3 times and agree it can get crazy.... Too InJan I can Get ther top over water room, with b'fast for $550 rather than$740

Now if the 1800 for 2 was on top of the O air then I can beat that myself by $846.00!!!!....

By using a technique that works with air france but no othere.

So Im saying that if you take the air credit (I assume at $600,) save 175 pp dev fee you have $875 positive savings to work with, You can get a $1177 prem econ air france on you rown 1177-875=$302pp over the air credit savings. ..If you know how and what buttons to push at Air France.

Now it gets even sweeter...Because the Air France flight is in the morning you dont have to get a day room ,car, and food to wait for a 11pm flight..12to 15 hours to kill. I figure thats going to cost about $100 pp to take the later flight.

Sooooo take $100 from the 302.... and you have a NET NET cost pp of $202 !! thats a whopping $600 cheaper than O's deal (add $550 ppfor full blown business. Thats $752 pp $1502 total compared to $1800....thats still $300 cheaper.a)

You guys follow??? ORV.....e mail or call for the details......Bette yet come on the Jan 4 2014 cruise from LA... you can crash at our place inLA/PS area

Thanks for the tip on Softel...I picked them for the better ocean bottom...and its on the dry side. I will request a hotel pickup...I have been toMoorea 3 times and agree it can get crazy.... Too InJan I can Get ther top over water room, with b'fast for $550 rather than$740

Now if the 1800 for 2 was on top of the O air then I can beat that myself by $846.00!!!!....

By using a technique that works with air france but no othere.

So Im saying that if you take the air credit (I assume at $600,) save 175 pp dev fee you have $875 positive savings to work with, You can get a $1177 prem econ air france on you rown 1177-875=$302pp over the air credit savings. ..If you know how and what buttons to push at Air France.

Now it gets even sweeter...Because the Air France flight is in the morning you dont have to get a day room ,car, and food to wait for a 11pm flight..12to 15 hours to kill. I figure thats going to cost about $100 pp to take the later flight.

Sooooo take $100 from the 302.... and you have a NET NET cost pp of $202 !! thats a whopping $600 cheaper than O's deal (add $550 ppfor full blown business. Thats $752 pp $1502 total compared to $1800....thats still $300 cheaper.a)

You guys follow??? ORV.....e mail or call for the details......Bette yet come on the Jan 4 2014 cruise from LA... you can crash at our place inLA/PS area

Jan. 4, 2014 ??? I think you missed your flight.

Correct that to be the Jan 4 2017 sailing ofSienna...... Thanks Rjb....

That is the only factual error in my calc's..... Why not us... it will be great remember you can always get more money...you cant get more time..besides 2017 is in a coupla of years... You too Orv....Trivia need you

Happy new year.....its supposed to snow tonight here in LA.... No global warming...

That is the only factual error in my calc's..... Why not us... it will be great remember you can always get more money...you cant get more time..besides 2017 is in a coupla of years... You too Orv....Trivia need you

Happy new year.....its supposed to snow tonight here in LA.... No global warming...

I knew that. And you knew that I knew. Just trying to be funny. No snow in Florida. About 82 today. By the way your trip sounds great. Wish we were going.

What kind of calc do you have. I think 2017 is a year and a week away, not a couple of years. Trip is coming faster than you thought.

Right now a have the next 18 months booked... Leaving in14 days for 10 days on Riviera, then inSept Malta to Miami onInsignia, then Jan 17, Tahiti 21 days on Sienna, 45 days after Tahiti...10 days mia to mia dThen Mia to Barcelona on Riviera ....14 days..

5 cruises and Disney/Pixar/Lucas/Marvel are paying for it all....

M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-$-E