Table for 2 request

bravostar

What is it you are trying to do? Request a specific table?

We always request a table for 2 at time of booking and have never had a problem (other than finding out we were given Select dining even though we had been confirmed late dining for 2 (a quick chat with the Maitre'd fixed that up). No need to e-mail anyone if your reservation is already for 2.

Agree. Giving your dining preference is part of the signup for your cruise. Choose early or late dining and small or large table. Can have request either given by your TA or directly to X if you feel more comfortable doing it that way. If in Select dining cannot sign up for table for 2 until you are on board as no assignments - first come first served.

When we did traditional dining, we always requested a table for 2 and never ever got one. We even talked to the Maitre'D on board and he said there were too many requests for tables for 2 and he would see what he could do which was nothing. We now request Select if we are not in Blu. We did, however, get great table mates at the bigger tables.

We always request a table for two. When we get to the room, there is a card with ONLY our table number. It doesn't state if it is a table for two.

It would be nice if there was more info. We ALWAYS have to go to the maître d to ask what kind of table it is. We always have to change it, as our request is never honored.

We always request a table for two. When we get to the room, there is a card with ONLY our table number. It doesn't state if it is a table for two.

It would be nice if there was more info. We ALWAYS have to go to the maître d to ask what kind of table it is. We always have to change it, as our request is never honored.

It's a shame this is now considered Modern Luxury. Getting a Table for Two without a hassle is the reason we have adopted Select Dining.

Edited by Big Beer Gut

Are all of the 2 tops that close :confused: I'm assuming there are a few more private tables sprinkled around the MDR's? What about along the railings or near support poles?

We will be on Equinox and plan on eating around 6 pm each night (with select dining) and hope that it is early enough in the evening to catch one of these more private locations for DW and I?

Are all of the 2 tops that close :confused: I'm assuming there are a few more private tables sprinkled around the MDR's? What about along the railings or near support poles?

We will be on Equinox and plan on eating around 6 pm each night (with select dining) and hope that it is early enough in the evening to catch one of these more private locations for DW and I?

My estimate is half the 2 person tables are fairly private. Asking for one by the railing will usually give you the most space. If you find a table (or server) you really like, ask to reserve that table the next night, unless the cruise is very busy at that time we've had great success.

As far as the tables being close together, we found a number of our Pincess cruises worse where the tables were so close the waiter couldn't fit between them. Most on Celebrity have at least that room or more.

Edited by RickT

Hmm...so we're a week away from our cruise date and would greatly prefer a table for 2 on the nights we're dining in the MDR. We requested early dining, booked directly with Celebrity and I don't think I made this request when we booked.

Any suggestions as to what, if anything, I can do now to increase the chances that we'll get a private table when dining in the MDR? It sounds like waiting until we're onboard and asking then won't do any good. Oh, we are booked in a Concierge Class stateroom if that helps.

Hmm...so we're a week away from our cruise date and would greatly prefer a table for 2 on the nights we're dining in the MDR. We requested early dining, booked directly with Celebrity and I don't think I made this request when we booked.

Any suggestions as to what, if anything, I can do now to increase the chances that we'll get a private table when dining in the MDR? It sounds like waiting until we're onboard and asking then won't do any good. Oh, we are booked in a Concierge Class stateroom if that helps.

I would call the Celebrity TA you booked with and give her/him your request for a table for two in the MDR. Our experience talking with the Maitre d (on embarkation) requesting table size and location has always worked for us. BTW we've never stayed in Concierge Class but wouldn't your Concierge be able to help you with your request. Not sure how all that works.

Edited by davekathy

The most difficult 2 top to get is one in the early fixed sitting. If you are willing to dine late then you have a better chance since the later sitting is not as crowded. With Select you can get a 2 top, but might often find yourself waiting (with a beeper) for an open table.

One way to always get a 2-top without any problem is to simply book Aqua Class and dine in Blu.

Hank