Has anyone else had this experience?

daydreamer16

For Christmas our children decided to give us a gift of on board credit for our upcoming cruise in February. They wanted it to be a surprise since we are celebrating our 40th Anniversary on this cruise. My daughter called Celebrity and gave our names and the details she knew: leaving out of Miami at the end of February. After two phone calls of 30 minutes each, the rep could not find us in their system. My daughter was a little frustrated since she was trying to give them money and they didn't seem too anxious to take it! On the third phone call, she told them we were coming back in March and then they figured out it was a 2 week cruise and were able to find us---is this usually such a problem?

Granddaughter went on a cruise in December on another cruise line & when I tried to purchase OBC to surprise her I was told I needed her booking number- I had her name & sailing date & the name of the friend she was traveling with-they still couldn't or wouldn't help without the booking number.

In the UK, Celebrity can location your reservations with your Captain's Club number or "Post Code" of the guest if necessary but I do not think that the US "Zip Code" is as small an area as the UK "Post Code" which is a standard identifier with most companies.

If your daughter has managed to add the OBC please be sure to check your account when you board the ship early on at Guest Services, or using the TV remote to check on screen.

Our travel agent gave us an additional $125.00 OBC but it never showed up in our Celebrity on board account. Guest services had to call the travel company and straightened it out. They also said it was a good thing we caught the missing OBC early on because they are not always able to add it if it gets too close to the end because it has to be done through the main office which is not open 24hrs.

Have fun!

If your daughter has managed to add the OBC please be sure to check your account when you board the ship early on at Guest Services, or using the TV remote to check on screen.

Our travel agent gave us an additional $125.00 OBC but it never showed up in our Celebrity on board account. Guest services had to call the travel company and straightened it out. They also said it was a good thing we caught the missing OBC early on because they are not always able to add it if it gets too close to the end because it has to be done through the main office which is not open 24hrs.

Have fun!

That happen to us a few years ago and we didn't realize it until the last day of the cruise. It turned out that it was my TA's fault not Celebrity and we had three cabins. The TA doubled the OBC for all three cabins and sent us a check after we got home.

Thanks for you well wishes!

Not too early in the cruise - it can take two or three days for it to show up on your account especially on a 14-night cruise.

I have a question pertaining to the purchased on board credit. My husbands office staff purchased OBC for us as a gift. If all of the credit is not spent, to whom is the remaining, unspent credit given to? The original purchaser, or the person sailing?

When someone calls with such vague information they also try to avoid scammers who might be just trying to get specific info on you. They had no way of knowing it was your daughter.

True!

Ditto. Privacy guidelines. What would your thought's and this post be if anyone could get access to your personal information.