Review: RC Adventure of the Seas Dec 19 2015

BoopTennis

so so sad to see the cruise end, it went by so fast, i wish we could have stayed on!

1st groups were called at 7 am. We had a 9:20 time. Windjammer was open for breakfast until 9 or 9:30. We grabbed breakfast then finished getting out of our rooms, then we went to hang out in one of the lounges that had coloring book pages and crayons for kids. Played some cards and walked around a bit one last time.

Got off the ship, customs line was pretty long took about 40 minutes. Lots of taxis waiting and maybe just a 5-10 minute wait to load up. Taxi to airport was 15 minutes or less and cost $25 plus tip which included $1 per bag fee.

Not sure if I mentioned it but Kids Club was great, 9 yr old enjoyed it a lot, ate dinner one night with them. Met friends that he hung with at the pool also.

I will try to get the rest of the compasses posted soon.

LOVED the cruise!!!

Good review! Brought back good memories. We sailed on the Adventure of the Seas out of Southampton UK to Iceland and Norway back in mid 2014.

What I am curious to know is whether the food in WJ is the same or different when the ship sails out of Europe versus out of USA. This is a video I made of the WJ dinner. Perhaps you can let me know any differences to the food on your recent cruise. CHeers and have a blessed 2016.

[YOUTUBE]n32QJIrVd08[/YOUTUBE]

Good review! Brought back good memories. We sailed on the Adventure of the Seas out of Southampton UK to Iceland and Norway back in mid 2014.

What I am curious to know is whether the food in WJ is the same or different when the ship sails out of Europe versus out of USA. This is a video I made of the WJ dinner. Perhaps you can let me know any differences to the food on your recent cruise. CHeers and have a blessed 2016.

[YOUTUBE]n32QJIrVd08[/YOUTUBE]

You did a very nice job with the video. I did not take photos in the WJ, i should have i guess. I will try to remember the differences, although i did not go through the entire buffet line much, i generally went and grabbed something quick and got in and out.

ONe thing I forgot to mention (AND forgot to photo!) that your video reminded me of...when you first entered the WJ they had a huge display of a little village made out of Gingerbread Houses. It was up the whole week (we sailed on Christmas week). It was lovely, just for viewing not for eating. But that took up some room in the front as you went in

As for food, we did NOT have sushi! And i had read before that AOS did, so my youngest son was disappointed. Looked like a good selection.

I think you had more soup choices. Also more Asian food choices looked good. I didnt see a make your own pizza station, on ours, i would have like that, maybe one day they had it and i missed it. They had premade pizzas for pepperoni, cheese and one other. It was ok not great.

We had hamburgers and hot dogs with buns, not sure if I saw that or not on your video

We also had a taco bar with hard shell tortillas (not soft ones) and beef and various toppings.

I cant comment on the exact other foods there, some might have been a little different I am not sure

I also forgot to mention that on Christmas morning, as you got close to the WJ doors, they had a small station to hand out free egg nog (both alcohol and non alcohol). I took advantage of that at least twice :)

Edited by BoopTennis

n32QJIrVd08

Thx for posting. I did not see this on my own search on youtube but this one made me really hungry, the food looked great.

You did a very nice job with the video. I did not take photos in the WJ, i should have i guess. I will try to remember the differences, although i did not go through the entire buffet line much, i generally went and grabbed something quick and got in and out.

ONe thing I forgot to mention (AND forgot to photo!) that your video reminded me of...when you first entered the WJ they had a huge display of a little village made out of Gingerbread Houses. It was up the whole week (we sailed on Christmas week). It was lovely, just for viewing not for eating. But that took up some room in the front as you went in

As for food, we did NOT have sushi! And i had read before that AOS did, so my youngest son was disappointed. Looked like a good selection.

I think you had more soup choices. Also more Asian food choices looked good. I didnt see a make your own pizza station, on ours, i would have like that, maybe one day they had it and i missed it. They had premade pizzas for pepperoni, cheese and one other. It was ok not great.

We had hamburgers and hot dogs with buns, not sure if I saw that or not on your video

We also had a taco bar with hard shell tortillas (not soft ones) and beef and various toppings.

I cant comment on the exact other foods there, some might have been a little different I am not sure

I also forgot to mention that on Christmas morning, as you got close to the WJ doors, they had a small station to hand out free egg nog (both alcohol and non alcohol). I took advantage of that at least twice :)

Thanks. Your post and description of the gingerbread houses reminded me of the huge blackforest cake that we had on the Adventure of the Seas. The cake just turned up one day, I think during lunch, and they stationed a staff there to help dish out cake. Passengers loved it! See the video.

[YOUTUBE]R-Xhk7tSQnY[/YOUTUBE]

This was a great review to read. We will be on Adventure in March. We sailed her once before in 2010. I have read a lot of negative reviews recently. It's nice to hear an honest review by someone that can look past some of the little things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the great review! You've got me very excited for our Adventure cruise next June. Very nice looking family and you seem to enjoy the same things that we do on a cruise. We won't be stopping at St. Croix but I'm off to look for ATV tours at our ports!

Balcony had one table and two chairs. I love balconies! This ship (and deck 8) has metal at the bottom of the balcony and then plexiglass so it’s not too bad. The only thing I don’t like about this ship’s balconies is that they do not open to the stateroom next to you. That is fun to do on other ships.

Is that true between all balconies? Our Royal rep on the phone confirmed (twice) that the partitions open, although I'm not surprised that she might be wrong. From our earlier cruise on Explorer, I thought I remembered that partitions could be opened within a pair of cabins, but that there was a solid metal partition separating cabin pairs, i.e. every other partition could be opened (if that makes sense).

ry%3D400

Love this picture. Captures multi-generational cruising excitement nicely.

... Is that true between all balconies? Our Royal rep on the phone confirmed (twice) that the partitions open, although I'm not surprised that she might be wrong. From our earlier cruise on Explorer, I thought I remembered that partitions could be opened within a pair of cabins, but that there was a solid metal partition separating cabin pairs, i.e. every other partition could be opened (if that makes sense)....

Partitions cannot be opened between any balconies on Adventure and Explorer.

Reading your review has brought back so many happy memories from the 28 days we have spent on Adventure and made me even more eager for next September to arrive when we'll board her again for two cruises back-to-back. Thank your for taking the time to write such a detailed review and to post so many photos. Best wishes to you and your family for many happy days cruising in the future.

I was on the Adventure in September and loved it! I could never do Eastern or Western Caribbean again ... always Southern for me and preferably on the Adventure. Looking forward to doing it all again in about 13 months! Great pictures, I'm having flashbacks :D

Thanks Bob (I think I've said that several times to you :)). Chalk up another episode of misinformation from a Royal rep. :rolleyes:

I wish they would just say "I don't know" rather than saying things they are unsure of. I'm sure there are a good number of folks who know nothing about CC, get what they think is good info from a CSR, and are very disappointed when they get onboard.

Reading your review has brought back so many happy memories from the 28 days we have spent on Adventure and made me even more eager for next September to arrive when we'll board her again for two cruises back-to-back. Thank your for taking the time to write such a detailed review and to post so many photos. Best wishes to you and your family for many happy days cruising in the future.

WOW! 28 days on one ship (i know across various cruises). and more to come. that is awesome, you must know the ship so well. I did a fair amount of exploring but am sure there were a lot of fun places I did not find

We sailed out of San Juan in 2011 and the embarkation was so bad that the cruise line held a special discussion in one of the lounges to address the issues.

We wondered if it was always like that or just a fluke.

I'd like to sail out of there again.

Thanks for the review!

Edited by bagzrpacked