All Day Tour With No Food Included

Nikkibird

We have a tour on a power boat for the whole day which only includes drinks. They have suggested we bring "Lunch Boxes" from the ship. Is this something we can pre-order on Equinox? Can we take food off the ship for our lunch?

Am presuming this is a private tour. Your best solution is to buy something at the dock or tell your tour operator to do it. Food from ships is NEVER allowed on shore and all tour operators should know this. If that does not work I would find another tour or tour operator.

Ditto on the above posts....and it's not OK for someone to bring just one little thing because they need to have a nibbly...even if it's a nibbly for medical reasons. Those laws, and they are laws, are in place to protect each of the countries and ports you visit from any sort of insect or plant/animal diseases....so please follow the law on this. If you need to take food ashore, then you can only bring something that's been sealed during it's manufacture....that's not a baggie that you've sealed. If you decide this doesn't apply, then at least take something that's not raw...take something that's cooked. The absolute worst thing to take is an apple or similar which is what most think is OK.

Contact your tour operator for options....and don't accept...oh you can bring it from the ship, everyone does.

Edited by ghstudio

Lunch boxes, even if allowed off the boat would very quickly become dangerously warm and unpleasant. Most day tours include either a BBQ lunch/Buffet lunch or a 'stop' at a suitable restaurant. I really suggest you renegotiate your trip to include either/or.

We always take energy bars, packaged nuts, trail mix, etc. when we travel so that we have food to take off the ship if necessary. Some snack items can be purchased in the ships gift shop if you don't want to bring them from home.

We have a tour on a power boat for the whole day which only includes drinks. They have suggested we bring "Lunch Boxes" from the ship. Is this something we can pre-order on Equinox? Can we take food off the ship for our lunch?

Is this thru Celebrity or a private tour?

What island are you doing this at?

The ship does not prepare a "box lunch" to take off.

We are just back from the 10 day Sailing on the Equinox, and did the 11 day last yr.

Edited by wallie5446

We had several longer tours on our Equinox Western Caribbean sailing so I purchased a variety of protein bars and trail mix and carried some for each excursion.

My word of advice is to avoid chocolate anything! I am a chocoholic, so everything I purchased included chocolate - chocolate coating - chocolate m&ms, chocolate interior layer. What I ended up with was a huge mess as the chocolate melted in the heat.

Sealed protein bars are easy to carry and can take the edge off hunger. Melted chocolate gets on everything and is a major pain! :eek:

And I agree that an all-day private excursion should include some type of lunch or snack stop. We took several private excursions on our cruise and all included food of some sort.

Also - unsolicited advice - if you are on a Western Caribbean sailing and the power boat excursion involves the Panama Canal, good luck. While the ship excursions are much more expensive, you have the peace of mind of knowing the ship will wait for you if there is a delay. Not so with a private excursion.

Edited by MarKay525

Thank you for your replies. Just to clarify

No it is not a ship tour. It is a well known and popular private tour company many people on this board have recommended.

It is an all day outing on a power boat which does include a stop for lunch at one of the islands. We have opted to be taken to a private beach where there are no people or food.

The tour outline we booked from SUGGESTS bringing a "Lunch Box" from the ship if not going to an island with a restaurant.

This is why I asked the question as I did wonder how this would be allowed in some countries.

We will ask the driver to stop somewhere to buy a sandwich.

And we will suggest they remove the comment from their tour posting !!!

Going all day without provisions made for lunch. That is definitely a tour that I would avoid.

Thanks for coming back to clarify - hope you have a wonderful day on the private beach!

No it is not a ship tour. It is a well known and popular private tour company many people on this board have recommended.

It is an all day outing on a power boat which does include a stop for lunch at one of the islands. We have opted to be taken to a private beach where there are no people or food.

The tour outline we booked from SUGGESTS bringing a "Lunch Box" from the ship if not going to an island with a restaurant.

This is why I asked the question as I did wonder how this would be allowed in some countries.

We just did the speed boat tour with Capt Bob in St Maarten! One of the best times ever! The lunch at the French restaurant was really really good.

There is also a place with food at one of the other stops.

There is a small set of shops with a restaurant at the dock where we boarded the boat. We did not ck to see if they were open when we walked thru. Get ready for a great ride! Wonderful choice if this is who you are going with.

EW

Edited by wallie5446

Going all day without provisions made for lunch. That is definitely a tour that I would avoid.

I would gladly skip lunch for a real private island experience. As long as I knew in advance I'd eat a bit of extra protein at breakfast, this will do the trick. It's hard to have a real appetite when cruising.

@OP enjoy your excursion, sounds like fun!!

I would gladly skip lunch for a real private island experience. As long as I knew in advance I'd eat a bit of extra protein at breakfast, this will do the trick. It's hard to have a real appetite when cruising.

@OP enjoy your excursion, sounds like fun!!

We are looking forward to fun in the sun with no one around!! :eek::) We don't need to be going to another restaurant for lunch. Just a sandwich to tide us over will be great.

The captain of the boat is stopping somewhere for us to get sandwiches so all is good!

No - No food off the ship means no food off the ship. Does not matter where or what. Technically protein bars and the such are not allowed off either. Canada is especially strict with various restrictions on fruits, vegetables, any sort of meat product. Almost everything except candy it seems.

FWIW - bottled water and canned sodas are not food so can be taken off and brought back on if sealed.