Live "Oasis Jan 2nd 2016"

whitshel

Also I know there was talk on the diamond status post about bottled water in the room. We didn't get any on Oasis :( but when we were on the navigator in April we got like 6 bottles. Go figure...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Also I know there was talk on the diamond status post about bottled water in the room. We didn't get any on Oasis :( but when we were on the navigator in April we got like 6 bottles. Go figure...

Strange I got 4 bottles, did you ask anyone about it?

Thanks, good to know. Are they posting prices or do you have to ask?

The drink prices are posted on the menus. Cosmos are $10/95 at Sabor, too.

We asked at Vintages if the wine prices will ever come down. Apparently the original plan was to drop them back on this cruise but now they've decided to keep them up until the end of January.:mad:

Gambee, I was able to get the menu but I still don't see any prices. So maybe its a surprise when you get your bill [emoji54]

d14383d3933e4caaa1035572dcfd16ce.jpg

75584a1caaf84057685366bf034ac5db.jpg

Love your reviews btw!

The prices are on the left, in the faint swirly line that runs down the side of the menu. They're hard to see in real life, especially once they dim the lights. I'll see if I can remember to get the prices this week.

The upgrade fairy made a call this week to some of our fellow cruisers -one couple was upgraded from a GS to an OS and another from a JS to the vacated GS. It happened the day before the cruise, and at least one couple is Pinnacle, so apparently Revenue threw C&A a couple of bones.:)

We asked at Vintages if the wine prices will ever come down. Apparently the original plan was to drop them back on this cruise but now they've decided to keep them up until the end of January.:mad:

The upgrade fairy made a call this week to some of our fellow cruisers -one couple was upgraded from a GS to an OS and another from a JS to the vacated GS. It happened the day before the cruise, and at least one couple is Pinnacle, so apparently Revenue threw C&A a couple of bones.:)

Boo....to keeping up the wine prices. :mad:

Good to hear the upgrade fairy is active. Enjoy your 2nd week on Oasis.

Now that I have those posted I want to thank everyone who commented on this post and enjoyed it. Also to all of you wishing us a safe travel home, again thank you from the bottom of our hearts. We absolutely had a blast, it took us 6 years to make it an Oasis class ship and it definitely was worth the wait. This is the wow factor ship.

Service was awesome from anyone we encountered, my wife and I were saying we don't think we've ever replied "hi" so many times in one week. Day 8 is always tough, but we do have a cruise booked for 17 on the Summit and we did book a Harmony cruise for the same week but will move that cruise once the bookings open up. Love only paying $100 deposit for a room that I can extend out a few years.

I will keep posting some pics of our trip and our voyage home, remember it's flying to dfw then driving 2 days back to San diego. So more to come, but really I just wanted to thank you all for following along on our awesome vacation. My daughters are just amazed that this has had 34k views and more to come. I'm glad others on the ship are able to help out with questions as well.

If you have a voyage coming up on Oasis I envy you!

Thank you for your postings! We are going on the Oasis 3/5/16 and it will be our first time on this class of ship! Looks like we have alot to look forward to!

Thank you so much for all of the information you have given us about the Oasis! You spent a lot of time posting and answering questions.

Hope you had a great and safe trip home!

I am even more excited about my upcoming Oasis Cruise than I was!

I came on this thread late and my phone needs charging. You may have already covered this:

Last time I was on Oasis, I ate breakfast free at Johnny Rockets. Table service, quick and yummy. I didn't see breakfast there on the website. Had you heard if they're still offering it?

My other question is if they replaced Cupcake Cupboard with hot dogs. I'd rather a good hot dog than something sweet.

I'll go back and read your whole review, I promise.

I came on this thread late and my phone needs charging. You may have already covered this:

Last time I was on Oasis, I ate breakfast free at Johnny Rockets. Table service, quick and yummy. I didn't see breakfast there on the website. Had you heard if they're still offering it?

My other question is if they replaced Cupcake Cupboard with hot dogs. I'd rather a good hot dog than something sweet.

I'll go back and read your whole review, I promise.

Oasis Class ships still have free JR breakfast.

The dog house in on the boardwalk beside the carousel. The cup cake cupboard is on the other side is f the boardwalk. You can half both on Oasis and Allure now. :D

The review was a great read. The review did an awesome job.

Hey CLQ! I wonder if we can still access the old Diamond Lounge balcony? It looks like they still have the tables/chairs set up! We know where the gate is, we should check it out! :D

Bonnie, I'm guessing they've replaced the gate with a door, or at the least disabled the key card access.

But, you know we'll be there to check it out. Because it wouldn't be us if we didn't.

Oasis Class ships still have free JR breakfast.

The dog house in on the boardwalk beside the carousel. The cup cake cupboard is on the other side is f the boardwalk. You can half both on Oasis and Allure now. :D

The review was a great read. The review did an awesome job.

They moved the Cupcake Cupboard from the Royal Promenade? What did they put in its place?

Edited by Ocean Boy

Now that I have those posted I want to thank everyone who commented on this post and enjoyed it. Also to all of you wishing us a safe travel home, again thank you from the bottom of our hearts. We absolutely had a blast, it took us 6 years to make it an Oasis class ship and it definitely was worth the wait. This is the wow factor ship.

Service was awesome from anyone we encountered, my wife and I were saying we don't think we've ever replied "hi" so many times in one week. Day 8 is always tough, but we do have a cruise booked for 17 on the Summit and we did book a Harmony cruise for the same week but will move that cruise once the bookings open up. Love only paying $100 deposit for a room that I can extend out a few years.

I will keep posting some pics of our trip and our voyage home, remember it's flying to dfw then driving 2 days back to San diego. So more to come, but really I just wanted to thank you all for following along on our awesome vacation. My daughters are just amazed that this has had 34k views and more to come. I'm glad others on the ship are able to help out with questions as well.

If you have a voyage coming up on Oasis I envy you!

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your vacation to do this live review! My husband and I are sailing on her in 66 days and we are so excited! Thanks again for posting pics and having us along side with you! Hope you arrived home safe! :)

More shopping.....a Kate Spade store.

Great, one more store that would be of zero interest to me.:rolleyes: At least the store is replacing the Cupcake Cupboard which I already had no use for.

Edited by Ocean Boy

Thanks for a great review. I am looking at booking Allure and I am a frost time cruiser with RC. I can not decide what room to book. Did they enjoy the Central Park balcony? Seem like that would be pretty cool but don't know if I can give up the ocean view. If you get the ultimate drink package, are all mixed drinks included?

The prices are on the left, in the faint swirly line that runs down the side of the menu. They're hard to see in real life, especially once they dim the lights. I'll see if I can remember to get the prices this week.

Oh, now i see them. Thanks Do you get all 5 or 6 etc thats in each block?

Thanks for a great review. I am looking at booking Allure and I am a frost time cruiser with RC. I can not decide what room to book. Did they enjoy the Central Park balcony? Seem like that would be pretty cool but don't know if I can give up the ocean view. If you get the ultimate drink package, are all mixed drinks included?

They had a boardwalk balcony not central park and they loved it!! If you get one of the cabins near the end you get both views.

We didn't get any drink package except the 10 drinks for $79, and yes all mixed drinks were included in that

Great, one more store that would be of zero interest to me.:rolleyes: At least the store is replacing the Cupcake Cupboard which I already had no use for.

If it helps ;) the cupcakes are now in Scoops which is the ice cream store on the boardwalk.

Once again I really appreciate all the kind replies about the live review. I actually had a lot fun doing it. I didnt want to reply to each one individually so this is the "thank you" to all of you.

We decided after our flight being late leaving FLL that we would just bonsai it home after a few hours of sleep in Dallas. We left yesterday about 10am and got home at 4am (cali time) this morning, still a little groggy :D

oh, we did do express walkoff and it was absolutely amazing. It was advertised for 630am to 8am. We went down at 730am and I kid you not, waked directly off the ship (no line at all), waited about 5 mins in the custom line and we were out the door. A-Maze-Ing!!!

Couple misc things;

Showers have awesome water pressure!

All women loved the shaved bar in the shower

Longer walk than expected to those end balconies

Lunch in MDR was great (we didn't go but our party did)

Live music in Central Park was very Classy

Park Cafe definitely the best venue on the ship (salads, RB on Weck)

Finally tried the flowrider (daughter and I) fun times

All access tour was great

Express departure awesome

Room storage was great

Formal nights in the MDR people we're dressed very nice, suites, ties etc. Casual night (we only had 1) lots and lots of shorts and t-shirts. Which is fine for us, it has no impact on our cruise vacation what so ever. Next time, I'm wearing nice shorts with a polo etc.

Things we missed (forgot about)

Boardwalk doghouse

Vintages

Rockwall

A lot of entertainment (you're so busy)

Windjammer (forgot about this)

Things we didn't like

Park Cafe closes at 530pm- Unacceptable:eek:

Desserts not wonderful in Park Cafe except key lime bars

Availability of ice and ice tea around the ship (this is all RCCL ships tho) but the park cafe did have ice and ice tea available til 530pm

Elevators are wonky!! They had a mind of their own (although we used the stairs a lot)

Zip line guys we're rude to our friend and didn't give us the spiel on the landing so a couple of us hurt our feet a liitle (it was late in the week so they probably thought we had done it prior)

So you can see our list of things we didn't like we're things we had to really had to think about except that the Park Cafe closing at 530pm. This venue needs to be open almost all the time.

All in all, Best cruise so far!

(now as a disclaimer, we're pretty easy going peeps, we don't sweat the small stuff. Others may see things differently):D

I'm going to post a few more pics and try a couple videos as well.

Once again, thanks for all the kind words

Edited by whitshel