Does anyone else think that Carnival's website is pathetic?

cruiseonthebrain

When you get frustrated with the Carnival website, hop on over to Royal Caribbean. Their website will make you love CCL's. For years we heard they know there are problems in the IT department, but they are being worked on. It is always fun to log on and see your cruise has either disappeared or been repriced.

***** goodness, if you think CCL website is bad try, RC, NCL or MSC. If their ships are as bad as the website, they will crash, sink or at least seize up and need a reboot to get home.

GETTING signed in to any of those you listed...RCI, NCL or MSC often impossible. I call usually.

Princess and Carnival have the easiest to use message boards out there.

PRINCESS will show you which cabins are open. CARNIVAL does not. My only gripe about their web site.

I had occasional problems with CCL, Princess, Celebrity and NCL. I've switched browsers which helped somewhat.

Sometimes, it's navigation or a search problem, other times it was finding excursions or finding how much OBC I had.

I've never had a problem paying off an expense, either with a credit card or a gift card, that for me is 100% effective. Works fine maybe 85% the rest of the time, certainly not like an Amazon experience.

I have been trying for over two hours to give Carnival a crap load of money for excursions and pre cruise purchases. But the site keeps re routing and freezing. I am trying to be realistic but it has taken two hours of me trying to give them money and them causing grief. I seriously want to scream right now. If I could get DH's money back I would scrap the whole cruise at this point.

Six+ years, usually 2-3 times a week minimum----never, ever had a problem.

Sorry to hear about your problems, but I don't think "pathetic" is an accurate word for Carnival's website. :rolleyes:

There are alot worse.....

Not to discount the problem and frustration you are experiencing, I will echo the responses of others of having none of the same with very frequent activity on the Carnival website.

Most website problems can be incorrectly ascribed to poor design when, in fact, it is the user's hardware/software causing the angst.

Its good advice to clear cookies/cache, reboot, and/ or try a different browser.

Perhaps take that bath now and come back relaxed to try again. :)

I have been trying for over two hours to give Carnival a crap load of money for excursions and pre cruise purchases. But the site keeps re routing and freezing. I am trying to be realistic but it has taken two hours of me trying to give them money and them causing grief. I seriously want to scream right now. If I could get DH's money back I would scrap the whole cruise at this point.

I've never had any trouble ever with the Carnival website. I was just over there to check on our Alaska cruise to see if there's been a price drop. If I want to book an excursion, I call my travel agent and have her do all of it then have her send me an email with the details. Why not just call Carnival and have them take care of it, easy.

Pick up the phone and call the 800 number

I have noticed of late that if I log on to view something for my upcoming booking that I can see that but if I try to go click on my VIFP offers then it makes me dang log in again...um hello I just did that 30 seconds ago! I just don't know what's up with it!

I agree that "pathetic" was too strong a word. I should have said I was pathetic for trying so hard with no results. I was frustrated and really should just waited until today and called. I did finally get to spend my money and in my zeal bought waaaay too much. Lesson learned- I think Carnival is brilliant because in the end I ended up dropping way too many $$$$$. Thank you for letting me vent though!

I know I am whining- I just want give them freakin money, take a hot bath and go to sleep. Why won't they take my money????? So frustrating.

I'll be happy to take your money if Carnival does not want it. I'll be glad to help out.

LOL count me as another not liking RCI's website, I just booked a cruise with them and I swear ... it took me two browsers and even after booking, had to go back, search by booking and link my C&A # to the booking before I could see it under my account. If not for the great price in CAD I would have given up and almost did!

Edited by aztekpm

I agree that "pathetic" was too strong a word. I should have said I was pathetic for trying so hard with no results. I was frustrated and really should just waited until today and called. I did finally get to spend my money and in my zeal bought waaaay too much. Lesson learned- I think Carnival is brilliant because in the end I ended up dropping way too many $$$$$. Thank you for letting me vent though!

Great post!! Sorry you spent way too much $$ though!! :)

My wife years ago had a issue once, but it was during our 1st. Cruise with them and during the booking process but a 3 minute call took care of that issue! Sense then we're now on our 10th. Cruise with them she's on there site right now, and she's never had an issue sense. Think maybe user error? LOL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I visited Celebrity's website this week ( I know the horror!:eek:) but it was a pure pain the the you know what!

I had to resort to asking questions over on the Celebrity board of this website, to get my questions answered. The folks over there on that board were very pleasant and helped me with my questions. But the Celebrity website compared to Carnival and NCL was not great, nor is MSC's website. That one is about the worse I have visited.

I visited Celebrity's website this week ( I know the horror!:eek:) but it was a pure pain the the you know what!

I had to resort to asking questions over on the Celebrity board of this website, to get my questions answered. The folks over there on that board were very pleasant and helped me with my questions. But the Celebrity website compared to Carnival and NCL was not great, nor is MSC's website. That one is about the worse I have visited.

This makes me chuckle. I ask for help from the Carnival CC folks and some really are supportive. And some are like " you freakin idiot why did you ever expect the web site to work? It is only 2015! Why didn't you just call them you moron? What- you did? Well you must have dialed wrong. By the way Cruiseonthebrain I freakin hate your guts because you like puppies and old and hurt people. You are too stupid to ever be on my cruise" vs your board where people actually tried to help you. Hmmmm..,

Sometimes it helps to switch browsers............if you usually use Explorer, switch to Firefox...........

This makes me chuckle. I ask for help from the Carnival CC folks and some really are supportive. And some are like " you freakin idiot why did you ever expect the web site to work? It is only 2015! Why didn't you just call them you moron? What- you did? Well you must have dialed wrong. By the way Cruiseonthebrain I freakin hate your guts because you like puppies and old and hurt people. You are too stupid to ever be on my cruise" vs your board where people actually tried to help you. Hmmmm..,

Sorry, but I am not a Carnival cheerleader. I have been wanting to try something different for a few years now, so I have been moving around. I am not defending the Carnival website, just saying I have seen worse. As some others have said, try a different browser, clearing cache etc. I meant no offense. I am usually the one who has difficulty with websites.

NOPE!

I think its the easiest to use and most detailed!! I have been having a few issues of late but i just sign in again.