Still Go with the O

ano

Sociologically and anthropologically speaking, what is a "buffet bunny"? Any relation to "chair hogs"?

Happy New Year!

Harry

Very likely... a Chair Hog, may be really a Buffet Bunny sunning because of gross caloric intoxication. Neither species can be satisfied with moderation

The Bunny species is characterized by large abdomen, This feature allows the bunny to penetrate into and through lines of humans,much like a snow plow or a DEA battering ram is used.

They sometimes, when sensing competition from other Bunnies, will employ motorized assault vehicles to gain an advantage in an all out feeding frenzy.

,They poss well developed finger and for arms for snatching and grabbing while holding enough food on their tray to feed a family of 4 for 3 days. .

They possess puffy cheeks that, like a squirrel can expand to receive 2 fork or spoonfuls at a time. Their speech habits include frequent usage of "gimme"Get me" Move over", Outta' my way" "Thats Mine" and "You goinng to eat that". and "More" They have an aversion to saying Please,excuse me and Sorry.

Like real Bunnies, they are driven to eat as much as possible as long as there is anything edible.present many times with delayed fatal results

When deprived of large food displays and in true restaurants,, they will order multiple dishes deserts and anything else edible.

Thank You. Paradoxically, a cruise ship is not the Buffet Bunny's natural habitat. I imagine they learned these habits through their parents or peers in their home environment. I don't think that scientists have isolated a gene that predisposes such abhorrent behavior.

Harry

I am heading to the Riviera my self in less than 2 weeks......and not the least bit worried... While sometimes things just do go wrong, I would rather they go wrong on a Oceania ship than say a Carnival or RCCL......

Some see the glass half full....Some see it half empty....

Me, well I am just a regular guy who is happy just to have a glass in the first place.........

This will be my third Oceania cruise, I found the previous ones GREAT or I would not return. Really looking forward to the Riviera, and not forseeing any problems. See you on board.

We have two upcoming Oceania cruises planned. I hope that they are not marred by any unhappy, disgruntled folks. Whether the cruises contain such folks or not we refuse to be tainted by their actions. We will have a good time meeting new friends and learning about new places. Happy Healthy New Year to all.

We have two upcoming Oceania cruises planned. I hope that they are not marred by any unhappy, disgruntled folks. Whether the cruises contain such folks or not we refuse to be tainted by their actions. We will have a good time meeting new friends and learning about new places. Happy Healthy New Year to all.

I think most people start out with the intention to have a great time and are not looking to be disgruntled. Also there a few where nothing is good enough for them. Don't bother with them and you will have a great time.

This will be my third Oceania cruise, I found the previous ones GREAT or I would not return. Really looking forward to the Riviera, and not forseeing any problems. See you on board.

That roll callis the coldest most introverted group.....One guy wrote that chit chat turns himoff.I looked in an old psysch text book andI think they called that sociopathic...... Ihave seen more interaction in a mortuary.

However I intend to have fun enjoying life...

That roll callis the coldest most introverted group.....One guy wrote that chit chat turns himoff.I looked in an old psysch text book andI think they called that sociopathic...... Ihave seen more interaction in a mortuary.

Introverts are not sociopaths. Sociopaths (the correct label is Anti-Social Personality Disorder) are individuals who disregard and violate the rights of others. Introverts don't crave attention and may find chit-chat draining. They generally prefer quiet conversation in small groups. Having fun and enjoying life may mean standing on the deck watching the sun set.

The nice thing about cruising with Oceania is that there are plenty of opportunities for all of us to have a wonderful time, regardless of how we define it.

Mary

Before you get upset about what "One guy wrote" and go to text books to find unfortunate labels to attach to the writer, check the exact quote again ("I think people were put off by much off-topic chit chat....I was"). Sounds like he or she DID want to talk, and was dismayed that the thread strayed from the path.

WellI have been sailing for many decades... on many routes allover the world...and for the past 5 years been totally on Oceania....and have 4 more cruise booked for next years....... Never experienced what that one cruise eeperienced.....nothing even close., ever.....Infact the total opposite

First, the size...its 1/2 to 1/4 the size of the floating malls , no lines,no screaming kids. open seating, no fixed seating

Second : The quality of the fellow passenger,low key,well mannered and well traveled...night and day different group than on the mass market cattle boats No blaring rock bands..and gold chain and Buffet bunnies....

Third : Value... when you are aboard there is no nickel dime drink hustler, pay extra for this, ship pictures, art auctions.........I think you find ,as I did, that when you add it all up you will be paying very little more...maybe 10% than the mass market pocket-mines. No pay extra and sales pitches.

Fourth,: Design....you feel like your on a classy boutique hotel ...on a ship that feels like a ship...elegant like a private club...but without pretension .

Fifth:...The finest meals...and quality ...and Variety Lobster served no charge in every venue from the pool grill to all the other 5 Restaurants , every day... Excellent Seafood, French, Italian,Asian, Steak, Continental

Sixth : Smooth, service, low key international crew...polite and classy yet warm and friendly No formal dress all country club casual.

Good job of describing our first Oceania cruise.

Introverts are not sociopaths. Sociopaths (the correct label is Anti-Social Personality Disorder) are individuals who disregard and violate the rights of others. Introverts don't crave attention and may find chit-chat draining. They generally prefer quiet conversation in small groups. Having fun and enjoying life may mean standing on the deck watching the sun set.

The nice thing about cruising with Oceania is that there are plenty of opportunities for all of us to have a wonderful time, regardless of how we define it.

Mary

I have somewhat over reacted to the frustration I myself felt in trying to connect or meet others.on what has been one of the deadest boards in my experience.

A different vibe than all my other O experiences...starkly so.

However, I agree there is always some thing to make one happy ...and on Oceania that goes in spades.

If you cannot be happy on the ship you only have to look in the mirror to find the cause.

Happy new year to you all...and where ever you may travel and sailing inthe future.....HD