Why Is the Platinum Free Drink More Restrictive Than Gold?

zdcatc12

Some might not consider this more restrictive, but I did. The Platinum drink coupon must be used at a sea day brunch. The Gold coupon must be used on the last day, but can be used at any time that day and in any bar. Does anyone else feel this way? I know, don't look a gift horse in the mouth, but it just seemed kind of bassackwards.

Some might not consider this more restrictive, but I did. The Platinum drink coupon must be used at a sea day brunch. The Gold coupon must be used on the last day, but can be used at any time that day and in any bar. Does anyone else feel this way? I know, don't look a gift horse in the mouth, but it just seemed kind of bassackwards.

It's because the gold members drink is a consolation prize for being demoted and dis-invited to the past guest party.

Go in, order the drink, tell them to keep the "food". Or eat, at least they don't force you to listen to that poor imitation of a comic they used to have.... I go to the party and almost always forget the coupon.

BTW does the Gold or Plat. coupon count against your Cheers 15 drink limit?

Edited by bobsfamily

The last couple of cruises we've been on, they had a drink order station set up at the brunch, at the main entrance. We gave our orders to the wait staff, they brought us our drinks, and we took them with us. Really easy!

Carnival is hoping by forcing you to use it at the Brunch, you won't use it. Money savings for them that way. Just think of it as another cutback.

Our last 2 cruises they had a temporary bar outside of the brunch. The bartender would make you a bloody mary and maybe 1 or 2 other choices. If you wanted something else he called for a beverage server and she arrived with a tray and order pad. The coupon was good for either, and we once went into the brunch. Once didn't. I think lots of people order on their way out or don't go to the brunch at all.

The last couple of cruises we've been on, they had a drink order station set up at the brunch, at the main entrance. We gave our orders to the wait staff, they brought us our drinks, and we took them with us. Really easy!

I seen the drink station as well on the Victory outside the dinning room in November. I don't recall seeing it over the summer on the Ecstasy or in April on the Victory.

The drink is free...I can't believe so many people can complain endlessly about a FREE drink. If it doesn't suit your schedule or sensibilities don't use the coupon.

THIS! But we do the brunch so it's a little extra bonus for us. Nothing like a cool drink over the meal. :cool:

Two different animals. The Platinum drink coupon at brunch used to be given to Gold as well but then was replaced by a bottle of water (which the Plats get as well). The Gold drink coupon on the last day replaced the loss of the Gold/Plat/Diamond party which is now just Plat/Diamond.

Gold Last sea day AFTER 5 PM.

Edited by texast518

it's silly either way. We're Gold, and using the coupon on the last day made for some very busy drink servers at the 6:00pm dining room seating, as several tables around us were all using their coupons.

They should allow you to use the coupons (Gold or Platinum/Diamond) on the first day. It might entice people to buy more drinks during the week!

You can let the brunch hostess know you have a drink coupon and don't want the meal. They will get a bartender so you can still get your drink.

On Splendor they had a small the Bloody Mary bar as you enter the brunch dining room. You could use the coupon there if you want a good Bloody Mary.:cool: