Blogging from the Emerald Princess in the Caribbean

PescadoAmarillo

WAIT!!!!! It is still snowing here. I live each day by reading your blog! It keeps me warm! You can't be leaving us so soon! I told my husband tonight how this is the last night of the last cruise and you were heading home. He said, 'Don't they know, this is like watching The Truman Show?'

May you have safe easy flights home and may you find none of that white stuff on the ground there!

It was great meeting you in person this winter on the Emerald 2/6 - 2/15 trips. (We met at the Captains party. Talked about football and how close your mother is to us.) Maybe we will meet again on another trip.

Can't wait to see where your adventures take you next!

Thank you for taking all of us along!

And a new follower - your blog was linked over on the Royal Caribbean boards in a thread talking about retiring on a cruise ship. I am now hooked, but I think I'm caught up on the most recent journeys. Just as well, I spent a lot of time reading it this week - instead of working!!!

I do have a question for you - how do you manage to book the same cabin for all your cruises - is it just booking as soon as the reservations open? What about when you add cruises later??

Hi, I'm the poster who wrote the thread about retiring on a cruise ship. Glad you were able to link here, as the thread was taken down. I think it's because I put a link to my own blog in there.

I've discovered this blog via a comment in that thread as well! But I've just discovered this thread here on the Princess boards.

PescadoAmarillo, I'm sure you're going through your adjustment period right now and may not be commenting for awhile, but when you "recover" know that we are still interested to hear your thoughts on cruising, even though you may not be onboard ship.

Thank you SO much for posting your blog, day in and day out. I have been following them for several years now and you have no idea how much I look forward to reading them every day. We sailed on the Emerald in November and were on the same deck you usually book. I was hoping we'd get to meet you and thank you in person but you hadn't begun sailing on her at that point. Every time we book a cruise I look at your blog entries to see what you and G did at the ports we are going to. We are sailing on the Caribbean next January and have already checked those ports against your blog entries. Thank you so much again and I look forward to your posting again this Fall.

This is not a good week! Pescado Amarillo withdrawal AND Downton Abbey withdrawal. Safe travels back to not-so-nice weather and please spend your land excursion coming up with something adventurous for next Fall. We will all miss you terribly.

Happy Trails Jeannie and Greg! It's been an awesome 2 months traveling with you. Having spent the last 2 weeks of December on the Regal, it felt like I never left the Caribbean- well almost.

May spring come early to Colorado, it's in the 60's here all next week. I'll be interested in seeing where your travels will take you next winter.

Remember when you visit your mom the CAK airport is just a hop, skip jump away and I'll be there with lunch. Safe travels! [emoji173]️

Linda

Edited by lindy sails

Happy Trails Jeannie and Greg! It's been an awesome 2 months traveling with you. Having spent the last 2 weeks of December on the Regal, it felt like I never left the Caribbean- well almost.

May spring come early to Colorado, it's in the 60's here all next week. I'll be interested in seeing where your travels will take you next winter.

Remember when you visit your mom the CAK airport is just a hop, skip jump away and I'll be there with lunch. Safe travels! [emoji173]️

Linda

The CAK airport i just down the road from us as well! We live in Stow! Where a bouts are you?

Is it wrong that I am feeling sad...like the end of my own vacation is coming? I just found the blog this winter and read it religiously every day. We are coming onboard the Emerald Princess in about a week and I feel like I have gained so much knowledge. Thank you for sharing your travel "diary" with us.

I feel the exact same way!!! I got in the habit of enjoying my morning coffee while reading the blog. I shall miss it, but look forward to J&G's further adventures!!!

Thank you for taking so much time to let us all live your adventures with you! While I am very excited for spring and summer here, winter is just a little easier to bear knowing that I can sail along with you and G!

Enjoy your time at home and your faithful readers will be counting down the days with you until you set sail again!

Big thanks to everyone for the good wishes. We aren't as shell shocked as we were when we returned in December after three months of cruising. The weather definitely helps.

I laughed about the Truman Show reference. Yeah, it's a little like that, for sure. I have willingly relinquished our privacy. And when things happen, like catching pneumonia, there's no escaping making them public. People expect to see a reporting of the day's activities, and when there isn't any activity, I have to confess the reason why. I did wait until I had informed my Mom before reporting it (I didn't want her to read about it with everyone else) and so I had to keep having blog-worthy experiences for a few days until I reached her, regardless of how I felt.

I will be writing a final post in the next day or two, and will talk about our options for next winter in it. Meanwhile, thanks for following along. It really motivates me to keep writing, and I am the real beneficiary of it while I'm at home. Without this daily diary, our five months of travel would be a blur.

Glad you and G are home safe and sound, but your daily blog will be much missed! I have been rereading your Alaska posts, as I am taking my son on our first Princess cruise, an SF-AK round trip, in July. If you and G decide that the hot July weather is too much to take, you should come join us! I'll have to see if I can get my son to go up that super steep hill in Ketchikan with me. :-)

I hope your time at home is as enjoyable as your time at sea!

Thanks for sharing your adventures.